Encounter

Vanilla & Chocolate

Minjung’s POV

I glanced into the mirror for the last time, fixing my hair with my fingers. Then I ran downstairs where Doojoon was sitting lazily on the couch, watching some random TV show. As he noticed me sitting down next to him, he looked at me up and down. “Where are you going? Do you have a date with you boyfriend?” He raised an eyebrow and grinned.

“Yeah, so what?” I looked at him who was just shrugging. “Just asking!” Just then the bell rang and I ran with excitement to the door to open it. “Hi, baby!” Myungsoo greeted me with a war hug as I giggled. “Are you ready?” My boyfriend asked with a smile before I nodded.

“Oppa! I’m going!” I shouted for Doojoon to hear and put on my shoes. “Don’t come home too late! And Myungsoo, take care of her!” He yelled from the living room. “C’mon, let’s go!” I said and closed the front door before walking to his car.

I entered the passenger seat and Myungsoo the driver’s seat. Just sitting there, I stared at his handsome face, forgetting everything around me. Suddenly he leaned closer making me blush. At my reaction, he smirked and pulled the belt to strap it on. I bit my lower lip and looked down. Myungsoo chuckled before pecking my fore head, leaning back to start the engine.

As he began to drive, he the radio and sang along to a random song that he knew. Listening to his soft voice, I looked at him. Sometimes humming sometimes singing, he fixed his eyes on the road. “You never told me that you can sing!” I said, my eyes never leaving his face. “You never asked!” He shrugged and smiled. I rolled my eyes and shook my head but smiled anyway.

“You should sing more often, just for me!” I said, the last part jokingly. “I’ll think about it!” Myungsoo said and looked briefly at me, to see me pouting. Soon we arrived at a parking lot and he parked his car. As I got off the car, I looked up to see a huge building in front of me. The shopping mall.

“What are we doing here?” I turned around and asked him. “You will see!” He said, intertwining our hands, before pulling me inside the mall. I looked around and bit my lower lip. Everything looked so luxurious and expensive and I could never afford even just the smallest thing from here.

“Come here!” Myungsoo dragged me into a clothing store. Myungsoo looked around and suddenly took a dress, holding it in front of me. He rubbed his chin and slowly nodded. “W-what are you doing?” I frowned and pushed the dress away from me. “Here, the changing room is over there!” He pointed to somewhere but I didn’t bother to look.

“No way! I didn’t bring that much money with me!” I handed him the dress carefully, afraid of ruining it. “Who said that you’re going to pay?” he raised his eyebrows. “Myungsoo, I don’t want this thing!” I frowned at him. “Than just try another one that you like!” He beamed. “Kim Myungsoo, I thought we would go out like eating ice cream, drinking something or watch a movie but not this!”

“We can eat ice cream, drink bubble tea and watch a move AFTER I bought you something!” Myungsoo crossed his arms. “But this is just… too expensive!” I said and looked at him. “Don’t worry, little angel!” He hugged me and pecked my cheek.

“Now be a good girl and try something on!” He smiled. I sighed deeply before giving in. I walked over to the changing room as Myungsoo followed me. “Do you need help?” He joked. Rolling my eyes I entered changing room, closing it.

After wearing the dress I walked out to see Myungsoo. “And, how is it?” I asked while looking at the mirror. I had to admit that the dress was incredible beautiful but I didn’t want Myungsoo to pay for it. “It’s beautiful! But I don’t mind what you wear, you’ll always look perfect to me!” Myungsoo gave me a backhug, making me blush.

Suddenly a deep voice interrupted our moment. “Kim Myungsoo!” The both of us turned around to see a middle aged man standing there. Just then Myungsoo’s cheerful face turned into a cold one. *Who is he?* I thought as I looked at the man. “What are you doing here?” Myungsoo asked the man coldly without looking at him.

“I’m looking around, checking if everything’s Ok…” The man spoke. He then noticed me and looked at me. “Are you the girlfriend of my son?” He asked. I raised my eyebrow, realizing what he just said. *Eeeeehhh??? He’s Myungsoo’s father?* I screamed mentally. “N-neh! A-annyeonghaseyo!” I stuttered and bowed down.

“I see! You’re his first girlfriend so I think you must be really special!” He gave me a warm fatherly smile and turned back to Myungsoo. “I have to go now! Ah, I will be in Tokyo for a meeting tomorrow morning so, you won’t see me for about three days!” With that he waved at me and left. Myungsoo rolled his eyes.

*He seems really nice, but why do I feel like Myungsoo hates him?* I tugged on Myungsoo’s shirt as he looked at me. “Is something wrong?” I held his cheek but he just smiled and shook his head. “It’s nothing!” He said and smiled but I knew that this smile wasn’t a real one.