Injured

Voice Of My Heart

Boohyun's wife gave birth to their first song that night everyone gathered at the hospital, except for Woohyun of course.

He was a healthy and adorable chubby boy.

When you held him in your arms, the boy's eyes were barely opened but yet he had a cute smile on his face.

You gave him a light peck on his cheek, "I'll be a good aunt to you."

 

It was past midnight and almost everyone left except you and your parents.

They went to the car park and told you to meet them at the entrace after.

You were walking towards the entrance when someone bumped into you, "Ah, I'm sorry.", and that voice was really familar.

Looked up, you see Myungsoo looking right back at you with a shocked expression.

"I-inyoung?"

"Myungsoo? What are you doing at a hospital at this hour?"

"Check up?"

"Right. At 12am. I'll believe you."

"Alright. We were filming for our new music video and we had this motorcycle scene. But Sungyeol-hyung fell of the bike and hurt his arm, so I'm here to accoompany him with manager-hyung to get it wrapped up."

Sungyeol, fell off a motorbike?

You stood there almost forgetting to breathe, Myungsoo had to poke you to made sure you were.

"Inyoung? You alright?", he waved his hand n your face and you grabbed him.

"Where is he now?"

Myungsoo then let you to the E.R area where there were a lot of closed curtains, and he pointed to the one where Sungyeol was.

"I'll be back soon, take care of him for me.", he pat your shoulder and left.

You took baby steps nearer to the curtain and couldn almost hear Sungyeol wincing in pain.

Slowly, you opened the curtain bit by bit without making any sound and saw how he was holding tightly to his arm that was now bandaged.

He bit his lips and gave a little squeeze on his right hand got stopped by you.

"Don't do this to yourself. Don't.", your trembling voice made him look up to your face.

You wre close to crying seeing him like this.

The strong Sungyeol that you've known ever since you were young.

He gave you a small smile before moving his hand slowly to your cheek.

When you saw how hard he was trying, you couldn't help but teared.

Sungyeol wiped it off with his thumb, "Don't cry, I'm fine."

"You're hurt, yeol. I know it's pain and you're definitely not fine at all."

He patted the empty space before him and you sat there waiting for him to speak.

"I'm disappointed in myself, Inyoung. I'm lack in all sorts of places and now I hurt myself just weeks before our comeback. Why didn't I be more careful? Why!", he then moved his left hand and hit his right arm.

"Stop! Why are you doing this to yourself? You may lack in some places but you should know that everyone loves your the same no matter what because you're Lee Sungyeol.", you gave his hand a little squeeze.

"It was an accident. No one could prevent accidents from happening. So it wasn't your fault, it never was. And now, all you need is some rest, okay? Don't put too much force on the arms. It hurts to see you in pain."

Sungyeol suddenly pulled you in for a hug, "Thank you. Really."

 

You hugged him back and remembered him saying something to you the other night on the phone.

"Sungyeol, do you remember what you told me before you hung up the other night?"

"Hmm? Goodnight?"

"No. After that."

"I said something else? What?"

He really forgot, you thought.

"You said I love you."

Sungyeol's face turned crimson right away and he covered his face, "I think I was too tired and didn't even realized I said it."

You gave him a small nod and stared at the ground.

"But I meant it, Inyoung."

You then turned to him and found him staring right in your eyes.

"Since. I don't even know when but I think I've liked you for a long time."

"Yeol,"

"I love you, Nam Inyoung. I've hide my feelings for long enough and I think it's time to tell you. Every time I'm around you, I just feel really happy and comfortable. It's like I would always have the best time of my life when I'm with you. I-"

Before he could continue, their manager came in and said they had to go.

"I'll talk to you soon.", you waved him goodbye, "Take good care of yourself, okay?"

"Inyoung....", Sungyeol let out a sigh.

 

You ran to the entrance and got on your parents' car, "What took you so long?"

"I had to find the toilet."

"And why is your face so red?"

You immediately touched your cheeks, and it was really warm.

"I ran here."

"Hmm, let's go home. You've got school later."

When the car started, you sunk into the seat and thought of what Sungyeol said earlier.

What were you going to say when you see him the next time?

That you love him too?

But what happens next?

You banged your head on the headrest cushion a few times and your father who was driving noticed it.

"Something wrong, Inyoung?", he asked and your mother turned to look at you.

"No. Just thinking about a project, that's all."

"You should get some rest right when we're home then."

"Yes, mother."

Letting out a silent sigh, you stared out the window and just enjoyed the scenery for the rest of the ride.