Gone

Voice Of My Heart

 

When you woke up at 10am, you walked into the living room to see your mother sitting by the computer table.

She had her head down but you didn't find anything suspicious as all.

Your father came home few minutes later with breakfast in hand, and walked over after placing them down at the counter.

"What happened?", he asked your mother who was now sobbing.

She looked up with tears in his eyes, "Mum passed away."

You became totally shocked but walked over and put your arms around your mother, trying your best to comfort her.

"Let me give Boohyun and Woohyun a call.", your father gave your mother a kiss on her head before getting his phone.

No matter how much you hated how your mother treats you, you couldn't help but feel heartbroken to see your mother who was always a strong woman, crying her eyes out.

"Mum.", you squatted infront of her and took her arms before passing her another piece of tissue.

She continued to cry and you hugged her while patting her back slowly.

"At least she's in a better place now, with grandpa.", you tried to hold back your tears.

You felt your mother nodding her head slowly as she continued to cry, but soon pull back.

"Take a week off from school tomorrow, okay? We have to go to Busan."

You nodded and she gave your hands a squeeze before leaving from the chair.

 

It was a rainy afternoon, and that just made everything seemed even worse.

Boohyun and his wife, rushed over right away when they heard what happened.

Woohyun too, he came over right when Infinite's schedules has ended.

"Appa, where's Inyoung?", Woohyun asked.

"I think she's in her room. Talk to her for me?", he nodded and went up the stairs.

He knocked at your room door but you didn't respond, "Inyoung? Can I come in?"

And you didn't respond again, "I'm coming in right now."

He opened the door but you weren't inside.

He then heard soft crying coming from the bathroom so he figured it must be you.

You heard the door opening so you quickly wiped away the tears that were on your face and wash your face quickly.

"Inyoung? Are you okay?"

You took the towel to wipe your face, "Of course, oppa. I'm fine.", and you smiled at him.

"Are you sure? Appa told me to come talk to me."

"I'm fine, really. He's just paranoid.", you waved your hand in his face.

You walked out to your room and laid on your bed, Woohyun then laid right next to you and turned to stare at you.

"You know you can cry if you want to. I'm always here for you."

*No, you can't cry. You promised not to cry infront of Woohyun oppa.*

"If you're thinking about me telling you about being happy and not cry, this is different, Inyoung. You can cry. You don't have to be so strong."

That was it, you just let your tears came rolling down as you continued to stare at the ceiling.

"Do you know how much I regret now not being able to fly back when I knew she was in the hospital? And when I got to see her, her eyes were always closed."

When you were younger, your grandmother had been diagnosed with dementia, you always had to repeat the things you've said before over and over until she stopped asking.

You actually wished you could do it again now, being able to hear her voice again.

"You're a strong person, Inyoung. I know you are. But even the strongest person breaks down somehow, do you understand? It's not wrong to cry, so I hope you wouldn't feel that way too. Oppa will always be here for you if you need me. No matter how busy me and hyung gets, just give us a call and we'll be right back.", he place an arm on your shoulder and you hugged him.

You didn't even care if you were getting his shirt wet, you just needed a shoulder to cry on to let everything out.

From the pain you suffered while you were aboard and the memories you had with your grandmother. 

Everything.

 

Boohyun and your father stood outside your room as he saw how Woohyun was comforting you.

"She was closest with her, wasn't she?"

The older man nodded, "Your grandmother thought she was a jewel. She loved her so much that she would feel uncomfortable not being able to see her every week."

"Inyoung must be regretting not being to see grandma when her eyes was still opened. She didn't even got to see her smile when she calls her."

"Inyoung's strong. She must be trying to hold her sadness back, not wanting any of us to see her cry. She didn't cry a bit before you guys arrived."

Boohyun wanted to step in the room to comfort you but your father stopped him, "Give them some time. She needs Woohyun with her the most right now."

The two of them took a last look at you still crying on Woohyun's shoulder and left.  

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Tried my best not to cry while writing this chapter because my grandmother passed away just a week plus ago.

You guys must be thinking why did I still make myself write a chapter like this, it's like torturing myself to not miss her at all.

But the truth is, I needed somewhere where I could type out how I felt. 

Some of the things I regret not being able to do when she was still alive.

I took a trip back to Hong Kong in March just so we could see her again.

And her eyes were closed during the entire time, seeing her on the bed with her eyes closed was really heartbreaking for me because, I couldn't see her smiling with her eyes sparkling at me. 

Just a month plus after we're back in Singapore, my cousin told my mum that she's already gone. 

 

Everyone should really treasure your times you get to spend with your family, every single member.

Because you might never know when they would leave your side.

Sorry that you guys have to see me typing all these, hope you guys didn't mind :}

Anyways! Do remember to comment okay!!! ♥