Sungyeol.

Voice Of My Heart

 

The cuts on your thighs were still visible. 

It's been 3 weeks ever since your grandma have passed away but you could never get over it.

There was a hole in your heart that could never be fixed no matter what.

You didn't want to cry, because it would be visible to your family that you're still upset.

So you turned to another alternative, cutting yourself.

Don't know why. It makes you feel better after that.

You don't feel like crying anymore.

 

You regret wearing shorts to school today but realized it was too late when you only discovered that your cuts were able to be seen when you were in school.

However, you were carrying your laptop today so you used it to cover the scars.

Sitting on the table with your head hung back and breathing in the fresh air.

There wasn't anyone there at that time since it was after school hour and students would probably have left the campus by then.

You then felt a weight on the table few seconds later but you didn't care and continued to have your eyes closed.

"What are these?", a voice said and you opened your eyes to see Sungyeol moving his finger towards your thigh.

You then quickly snatched the nearest thing near you to cover up, "N-nothing."

"No, I saw it. Did you cut yourself, Inyoung?", he looked at you with a worried face.

Letting out a sigh, you released your tight grip on your bag.

Sungyeol removed the bag and took another look at your thigh, he then slowly traced his fingers on your scars.

"Why did you?"

"It's been 3 weeks, Yeol. I still can't get over it. Boohyun oppa and Woohyun oppa have gotten over it and moving on with their lives. Omma and Appa too. But me. I'm miserable.

I can't help but miss her each time I get back home. And when my tears threatened to spill, I couldn't cry, I couldn't let them hear me cry again. They would get worried."

"So you cut yourself?", he asked and you nodded.

"I felt good after. It made me feel relaxed again and I didn't felt like crying anymore after that.", you then turned to him.

"Have I gone crazy? Sungyeol?"

He touched your cheek and suddenly bent down leaving a peck on your scars which made you shivered.

"You still need some time, that's all. But please. Please promise me never ever, ever in your life would you do this again to yourself again. If there's anything you need, I'm here. I'm always here. I've always been here, Inyoung. I can lend you a shoulder to cry on if you don't want Woohyun-hyung to get worried about you. I'll be your listening ear when you need someone to rant to. Since we were kids, I've always been here for you, haven't I. Did you forgot? I promised you, under the tree in the park."

 

Even before Woohyun joined Infinite, you've already met Sungyeol. 

He was your childhood friend ever since you were 5. 

You two were inseparable.

His parents and your parents always teased that you two will end up getting married in the end.

Your parents have been moving all over Korea because of their job, and you had to move with them too.

But Sungyeol never fail to stay in contact with you no matter which part of the country you were at.

He would even make an effort to travel to where you were with his family during the holidays so you two could spend time together.

You two were close like that.

He knew everything about you. Everything.

When he knew you were going to be sent all the way to the other side of the globe, he cried.

You remember trying to comfort him, telling him that you'll be back as soon as he knew it and even promised to webcam him every night.

And he stopped crying.

However, the promise was broken when you knew that your mother sent to you a boarding school which they were strict about everything.

No internet, nothing.

You could only call him once in awhile so you could hear his voice.

When you got bullied in school, you didn't dare to tell anyone because the bullies threatened to cut your face if you did.

So you resulted to cutting yourself, on the thigh.

You called Sungyeol once after a month and then you told him everything while crying.

He wanted to fly there and bring you back to Korea at that instant but he knew he couldn't.

All he could do was comfort you with his words and telling you it'll be fine.

Lee Sungyeol was probably the person that you could ever rely on, so much, in your life.

 

"I might be a choding at times but I will be the strongest man to keep you safe and sound whenever you need me. Keep that in mind, okay?", he turned you to face him and you nodded before leaning your head on his shoulder.

"Cry if you want to. You don't have to always be strong, Inyoung-ah.", he wrapped an arm around you and you let your tears flow.

After about 10 minutes, Sungyeol didn't hear anymore crying and turned to see you fell asleep on his shoulder.

He wiped the remaining tears on your cheek and rested his head on yours.

"I will grow this much to always protect you.", he said softly before kissing the top of your head.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I don't know if any of you guys might get disturbed by the fact that the character in this story cuts herself :/

I had this chapter in my head for quite some time now but only got the chance now to write it down.

I just felt that Sungyeol needed to step in more now, since it's already chapter 6? hehehehhehehehe.

Enjoy!!! :>

 

And remember to leave some comments :D