Changed

Voice Of My Heart

 

It's already the 6th month since you moved in and stayed with Sungyeol.

The two of you would always have so much fun together despite him being busy most of the time.

He would always rush home after schedules so you two could head down the streets for supper.

But these days, just these days, something seems to be wrong.

You remember calling Woohyun once and asked if they were still having schedule.

"Schedule? It ended 2 hours ago."

2 hours should be enough for Sungyeol to get home.

"Maybe he went to meet some friends. I heard him telling Myungsoo something before he left."

Friends? The last time he told you, he didn't have any friends down in Seoul.

When you asked him where did he go that night, he told you a friend came down to Seoul so he treated him for a meal.

But now, almost every single day, he comes back slightly later than usual.

You didn't want to ask because he would start saying that you're not trusting enough or you're being naggy.

 

You weren't sure if you were too sensitive or was Sungyeol really changing.

He doesn't seem like how you first met him years ago.

People change but somehow, you didn't want to believe that the man who you are in love with, changed.

When you met Haeyoung the next day and spilled everything to her.

"The Sungyeol I knew then was just really dumb and childish. But that was really long ago. I wouldn't disagree if he's becoming another person from what you told me."

"I don't know what to do, Haeyoung-ah.", you rested your head on the table.

"You need to talk to him."

You slowly lifted your head and sighed, "Maybe I should."

 

"What do you mean you don't know?"

"I mean, I have a life outside too, Inyoung. I don't only have two places to be, which is home and schedules."

"You don't have friends in Seoul, Sungyeol."

"Well, I've met some."

"You've met some?"

He nodded as he continued to look at his phone then slowly getting up before strolling into the room.

Minutes later, he came out with some clothes that you haven't seen before.

"Are you going somewhere?"

"Out. Don't wait up.", and he left the apartment.

You couldn't believe it.

Moment ago you were having a serious talk about him going somewhere you don't know and meeting people you don't know too frequently.

And now he's out.

That night, you tried to sleep but the emptiness beside you was too much to handle.

Shuffling noises woke you up the next morning.

When you opened your eyes, you saw Sungyeol's facing you.

He took off his socks before dragging his feet to the bathroom.

Then you heard the water running.

7AM, you looked at the clock.

For what it seems like 10 minutes, he came out with a towel around his waist and another one covering his wet hair. 

"You're awake?", he asked when he saw your eyes opened.

"Sort of."

"Wanna have some breakfast before I go for our schedule?"

Why not, you thought.

"Give me 5 minutes."

You washed up and changed into something simple before heading out with Sungyeol to a cafe nearby.

When both of you have ordered your food, Sungyeol went on to pressing on his phone.

"Where did you go last night?", you questioned.

"Club."

"C-club? With who?"

"Friends."

But he knew you hated him being at places like that, especially with people whom you don't know of.

"But you know I hate you going to places like that."

He stopped pressing and let out a laugh, "Inyoung, I'm not 5. I'm in my twenties and I have my own places to go. And I don't really think I need your permission."

Did he really just said that.

"You've changed.", you whispered but loud enough for him to hear.

The waitress came and placed down the food.

Soon after, Sungyeol dug in as you just looked at him.

"When I moved in with you, you told me you were gonna be someone responsible. And when we are at the apartment on your off days, someone calls and asks if you're free to go out, you would simply answer a no. But now, we rarely go out together. I barely even see your face anymore, yeol."

He continued to eat, ignoring your words.

"Did something happened? What made you change into someone I barely even know overnight?"

"I'm done. I'll pay the bill.", he wiped his mouth before leaving the cafe.

 

When you went to school the next day, Myungsoo was actually in class earlier than you did.

"I have something to tell you."

He pulled your hand and took you to somewhere that there wasn't much students.

"What's wrong? Is it Sungyeol? Did something happened to him?", you got worried but he smiled.

"Hyung's fine."

"Then what is it?"

"It's just that. I know you've definitely noticed that he's changed, haven't you?"

You slowly nodded, "We too. And I went on to follow him once after he left the apartment. On thursday night. Did he tell you where he went?"

"Club."

"With who?"

"He said friends."

"Sungyeol-hyung, he. Here.", he pushed his phone to you.

"Why are you giving me your phone?", you then glance down and saw a photo.

Sungyeol's arm around a girl's waist.

He was with a girl?

"I don't know who that girl is because hyung hasn't been talking to us much recently."

Was she the reason why he's changed and going out so often?

"Inyoung?", Myungsoo waved his hand in your face.

You slowly pushed the phone back to him.

He put it in his pocket then looked at you again, "If you're not feeling well, I can tell the-"

Before he could continue, you hugged him and cried.

He was shocked but clearly knew what made you did that.

Slowly, he your hair and sighed.

"We have to find out who that girl is."

 

-------

 

The depression starts, yup.