Your part

Voice Of My Heart

 

It was 9.55am, and you were in school.

You probably asked yourself over a hundred times if you wanted to be in school.

But having your strict mother monitoring your attendance secretly, you had no reason to skip at all.

At least, no reason for your mother.

You rested your head on the desk and one minute later, someone poked you.

"Tired?", Myungsoo took out his laptop as he waited for your answer.

"Just a little."

"I didn't see you when I went back to look for Sungyeol-hyung."

"Oh, my parents were waiting so I had to go."

"Talking about Sungyeol-hyung. He told me to tell you to meet him after lesson."

"Do you know why?"

He shrugged his shoulders, "He only told me to tell you this. Oh, and meet him at the back of the school where we always chill at."

You nodded and you both turned your attention to the teacher who was now talking about your next project.

 

Time past really quickly for some reason and class already ended for the day.

"I have a schedule to rush to, so see you soon! And remember to meet hyung.", he pat your head and rushed off.

*To meet Sungyeol or not to meet.*

With that question still in your head, you left the class.

You took tiny steps towards the back of the school.

*What am I supposed to tell him when I see him? I love him?*, you then turned back and wanted to go home.

But you stopped in your tracks, "What am I so scared of. We're just friends. And he might be joking about it yesterday."

You then continued your way to the back of the school but stopped again, "Aish. I can't do this."

"You can't do what?", a voice suddenly went into your ears which made you jumped and look who was it.

"LEE SUNGYEOL!", you smacked him hard.

"Ouch! What did I do now."

"You scared me!"

"Well, I'm sorry but you were the one who was talking to yourself."

"Ugh, nevermind that. Myungsoo told me you wanted to see me?"

"Yeah, come on."

He walked in front and you followed him slowly.

*Should I turn and run away? Maybe I should.*, you were about to turn and run but Sungyeol caught you.

"And where do you think you're going?"

"Uhm, washroom?"

"I'll be a real to believe that.", and he pulled you close to him before putting his arm around your neck.

You blushed when you realized how close you two were, and you've never felt this way before, not with Sungyeol.

Once you two were at the bench you guys always hung out at, he kept his eyes on you.

"Why aren't you talking?", you threw a fallen leaf at his face which he caught and placed on the table.

"About yesterday. I'm sorry if I scared you."

"Yesterday?"

He nodded while playing with the leaf, "I confessed, remember?"

"And?"

"I wanna know what do you think about me. I said my part, it's your turn now."

You kept quiet because you didn't know what to say, not at all.

You weren't prepared for any of this.

"Inyoung?", he tapped your hand, "I know I look really hot but you don't have to stare at me like that."

"Shut up. I'm thinking."

"About what?"

"How to say my part."

He waited.

5 minutes past and you were ready.

"Okay. Listen carefully, alright?", you told him and he nodded with his arms slightly crossed and head leaning forward.

"I'll be lying if I say I don't like you and not having the same feelings as you do. But I'm scared."

"Scared? Of what?"

"What will happen to our friendship if we together? I've heard everything about best friends turning into couples and they end up being complete strangers after that. I don't want to happen to us, Sungyeol."

He then took your hand, "I wouldn't let that happen. You have to trust me."

You wanted to say, "I trust you. I trust you more than anything in this world.", but you just couldn't.

You slipped your hands away from his, "I don't think I can do this, Yeol. I want us to remain how we are now. Best friends and nothing else."

"But we can still be best friends even if we're a couple, Inyoung."

"I know our relationship will change once we get together. I know so.", you shook your head and got up.

"I'm sorry, Yeol. I really am.", you gave him a last look before leaving the campus.

 

Woohyun found out that Sungyeol confessed to you and called you right away.

"Hi oppa."

"Don't you hi oppa me. When did it started? Why didn't you tell me anything? Does mom and dad know?"

"Wait, what are you talking about?"

"You and Sungyeol!"

"But we're not even together."

"You're not?"

"No. It's just that, he confessed and I sort of rejected. Is he alright?"

Woohyun then looked over at Sungyeol who was joking with Dongwoo and Hoya.

"He's laughing so I guess he's alright. God, you made me worry."

"About what? And I'm at the age to date now, oppa. You don't have to worry."

"Still! You're my one and only dongsaeng. Any guy who wants to date you have to come through me and Boohyun-hyung first."

"Really, oppa?"

You two then spent some time chatting on the phone before he told you he had to sleep.

"Thanks oppa. Really."

"Call me if you need someone to talk to. I might not be there to chat with you but do know I'm just a call away, araso?"

You couldn't help but smile, "Yup. Goodnight."

 

The next lesson came by and the teacher told you to choose a partner to work with.

Before you couldn't even choose your partner, Myungsoo took your arm and raised it.

"Teacher, I'm with Inyoung.", and the teacher nodded before writing down the names of you two.

Other girls in the room cursed and complained because they wanted to get Myungsoo as their partner.

"Uhm, thanks for asking?", you turned to him.

"Sorry Inyoung but I really really do not want to be partners with any of them."

You laughed when you saw how scared he was to be partnered with any of the girls.

"I already have an idea for this project though, so all you gotta do is model for me."

"What?! Me model?!"

He nodded, "You're perfect! We just need a male model and we can start our project."

"You're kidding."

"How about Sungyeol?"

"NO."

"He's tall, he has experience of being an model, he'll be the greatest candidate. I'll tell him later."

"Myungsoo!", you said his name a little too loud which made other classmates to stare at you.

You hid your head in embarrassment, and Myungsoo could only laugh at you.

*This will be the best chance for them to start talking again.*

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

So yeah, basically Sungyeol confessed to you and you liked him too but you don't want you two to be a couple.

Just yet :}

Do continue reading and leave your comments, guys!!!!