18.

Voice Of My Heart

 

"And right now, we have Infinite with us!"

The crowd roared as the boys entered the studio with a smile on their face.

"It's been some time since you guys have had an interview, haven't you?"

They scratched their neck and laughed.

"Well, let's start with, Sungyeol-sshi! How have you been!"

The boys turned to him and he casually laughed, "Lazing in bed everyday when there's no schedule. Thinking what name should I give my pet fish."

And he started imitating how his fish looks like which made everyone in the studio laugh.

 

"Great job, guys. You've been given a day rest tomorrow, so please take this time to rest well, araso?", one of the manager told them as he closed the door of their van.

When they turned to look at Sungyeol, he was back to how he was.

Ever since, Inyoung.

The boys knew Sungyeol was only acting like he was fine in front of the crowd and cameras, even their managers.

"Maybe someone should talk to him.", Sungjong whispered to Myungsoo as he turned to look at Sungyeol sleeping against the window.

 

"Myungsoo! Get some ice cream!", the leader ordered.

"Why is it always me?!"

"Just go already! Get someone to go with you.", Sunggyu nodded his head towards the room Sungyeol was in.

"Hyung, are you asleep?"

Myungsoo walked into the bedroom to see Sungyeol just listening music while lying on his bed.

"Hmm? No, not yet. Why?"

"Do you wanna head down to the mart with me? Sunggyu-hyung made me buy ice cream, again."

He thought for a while before standing up and grabbed a cap to cover his head, "Let's go."

"Be careful, kids!", the leader shouted as they left the house.

 

Sungyeol walked in front of Myungsoo and he was actually walking really fast.

"Myungsoo-ah, why are you walking so slow? It's cold."

"Coming!", Myungsoo then hurried over to his side.

Silence filled the air until Myungsoo spoke.

"I'm sorry."

Sungyeol turned his head a little to look at Myungsoo, "For?"

"I didn't mean to scold you back then, hyung. I just, no. We really care for Inyoung. Especially Woohyun-hyung."

At the mention of Inyoung, Sungyeol stiffened.

He missed her, a lot.

"Have you seen her lately?"

"Yeah. She lost a lot of weight though. I heard that she fell ill for almost a month. Woohyun-hyung even went home to made sure she was alright."

Sungyeol then lifted his head, "We're here. Let's get those ice cream and get back."

When they were done getting everything they needed, Myungsoo tried his best to talk to his hyung about Inyoung.

"You didn't ask me out to accompany you to get ice cream, did you?"

"Was I that readable?"

And that made Sungyeol laugh, "You're just being you, Myungsoo. And I guess that's why girls like you, huh. Why Inyoung likes you too."

"Wait, what? Inyoung likes me?", Myungsoo stopped in his tracks.

"Everyone's been telling me, you two are the new couple."

"Hyung! We are not in love. Yes, I care for her because we're close but not that. I'm taking over Woohyun-hyung's place when we're in school."

"Is that so?"

"Sungyeol-hyung.", Myungsoo called out and Sungyeol stopped walking, but not turning his head.

"Don't you miss Inyoung?"

Of course he did. 

He wanted to go to her house right then and hug her tight.

Taking in the smell of her favorite perfume.

Everything.

But he knew it wouldn't be easy, Inyoung wouldn't forgive him that easily.

"I'll help you."

Sungyeol then turned around, "Help, me?"

Myungsoo nodded, "I'll ask the rest, of course. We'll get Inyoung to forgive you."

"You will?", his eyes brightened. 

"But you have to promise me one thing."

"Anything."

"Never ever[i] break her, again. She won't be able to take it anymore."

"I promise. I, promise."

Myungsoo knew he had to get the rest of Infinite to help his hyung, no matter what.

 

-------------

 

"You want us to what? I am not doing that!"

Woohyun stood up and was about to leave before Myungsoo pulled him back down.

"But hyung! Sungyeol-hyung's really determined about it this time. I know it. He promised."

"Promises are meant to be broken, Myungsoo."

"But-"

"I'm with Myungsoo on this one, Woohyun.", the second oldest raised his hand and everyone turned to him.

"I was about to wake Sungyeol up this morning and I saw a few polaroids on the floor. Then I saw that it was all the polaroids he had taken with Inyoung when they were still together. There was even a few when they had taken when you guys were little, Woohyun. And when he went to shower, I flipped over his pillow, it was all the photos that him and Inyoung had taken together. You know Sungyeol, he's like Myungsoo when it comes to photographs. He keeps the best memories close to him, always. I think he really wants her back, Woohyun. I've never seen him like this before. And I don't want him to go back to his old days, anymore. That wasn't the Sungyeol that we knew."

"Hyung's right. I'm in too!", the youngest raised his hand.

Hoya shrugged and raised his hand, "I want the playful Sungyeol back too."

"Sunggyu-hyung?", they turned to him.

And he raised his hand, "Oh, come on, Woohyun. It's about time Sungyeol gets some love, no? And in order for that, we'll need you too."

Woohyun crossed his legs, "I swear I will kill him if he ever break Inyoung. I ing swear."

"Don't worry, hyung. Sungyeol-hyung promised he won't. He promised.", Myungsoo repeated.

When Myungsoo said it, everyone in the room knew Sungyeol really did mean it.

 

 

Guys, sorry for this 3-months late update :(

Another sad news is, this story is ending in about 2 more chapters?

Please don't kill me /_\