19.

Voice Of My Heart

 

Sungyeol settled in his seat uncomfortably.

"Just do your best, yeol. You always do.", the leader rested his hand on Sungyeol's shoulder and he gave him a smile.

"We're going live in, 3, 2."

"Good evening listeners! Once again, welcome to our radio show. And today, we have your favorite, Infinite, with us!"

"Hello everyone, we're Infinite!", they spoke into their respective microphones.

And the radio show went on for almost 2 hours.

 

"What a great night it was with these guys. They're definitely a fun group."

"Sadly, we're coming to an end and Infinite has to go. Is there anything you guys want to say to your fans?"

The maknae and leader said some loving words that fans always liked hearing.

Just before they ended the recording, Sungyeol raised his hand.

"Sungyeol-sshi, do you have something to add on?"

"Actually, I have something to say. Is it okay to drag this on for about 10 minutes?"

Everyone in the studio looked at him, "Is it something important?"

"Yes. Very important."

"Producer, can we give him another 10 minutes?"

And the man in the control room nodded.

"Okay then, Sungyeol-sshi. You have 10 minutes. Go on."

He cleared his throat and looked at Sunggyu who gave him a slight nod.

"There's something I've been hiding from everyone for the past year. After saying this, people might start looking at me differently or even judge me in a bad way but I feel that I have to say the truth. And I'll come straight to the point."

He swallowed his nervousness and shut his eyes, "I've had a girlfriend."

Sungyeol discussed this with Myungsoo then with the rest few days before and everyone gave him full support of it.

It was his choice, right?

"I believe whatever you choose to do is right, yeol. I will talk to the boss after that.", Sunggyu said.

 

"She's wonderful. She's the one girl that any guy would ask for. I would always talk to her about the troubles and stress I have every single day if the guys are busy, and she would always be there no matter how late our schedule ends, which I'm really grateful for. But I did something that really broke her heart. I cheated. I cheated on her for someone I barely knew for a month. And this wonderful girl was actually my childhood who knew me inside out. She trusted me, so freaking much. Every night I went out to the club, she waits for me till I get back because she was afraid something happened to me when I didn't answer her calls. I didn't thought it was a big deal until she left me. She left the apartment that we used to share our memories together. The place we once called our home. The reason I'm telling all these is because, I regretted doing whatever I've done when we were together. I lost the most precious girl due to my own greed."

 

Sungyeol was choked up when he ended that sentence.

Sungjong who was sitting beside him gave his arm a squeeze, "It's okay, take your time."

 

"I. If you're listening to this, Inyoung. I really hope you'll forgive me. For whatever I've done. I'll be at my apartment later on, and I'll wait for you to come. And I won't leave until I see your face again."

 

The DJs were shocked, including the crew.

"That's it for our show tonight. Have a great night, everyone!"

"And we're off!", the staff outside mouthed.

Sungyeol was still trembling when they were leaving the studio.

Myungsoo came and gave him a hug, "You've done well, hyung."

"Do you think she'll come?"

"She will.", Woohyun said from behind, "I know she will."

"Guys, stop talking. We have to get Sungyeol to his apartment!"

When they rushed into the van, their managers gave Sungyeol a look before giving him a slight smile.

"We heard what you said on air. You're going to get in trouble, you know that?"

Sungyeol answered with a nod, "But it'll be worth it."

"Get on, we gotta bring you to your apartment."

 

------------

 

"Sungyeol-ah, fighting!!!! Give us a call when you've succeeded!"

The guys waved again before the van left the apartment building's carpark.

Sungyeol took a deep breath as he entered his apartment which he hasn't gone back in awhile.

"I should probably clean up a little."

When he was finally done cleaning, it was past two in the morning and Inyoung wasn't here yet.

He sat on the couch and stared at his phone, hoping there will be a call or a text maybe.

The tiredness took over him and he closed his eyes.

 

The door to the apartment opens and Inyoung walked in to see Sungyeol sleeping on the couch.

Seeing him again after a few months made her smile.

She then went into his bedroom to grab a blanket before laying it over him.

Sitting beside him, she took in the face she missed so much.

"Where have your chubby cheeks gone to."

Inyoung slowly the back of hand on Sungyeol's face, careful to not wake him up.