First day of school

Second Chance

Chapter 5


“How is she fairing?”


“She’s progressing smoothly your highness, though, as expected, she is having a bit of trouble with the first task.”


“Has anything happened between them yet?”


The two angels warily glanced at each other as the exact same thoughts entered their minds.


“Erm…something did happen your highness.” Sunny cautiously stated.


“I heard she kissed her. Is this true?”


The two glanced at each other once more, Sunny urging Sooyoung to answer the goddess’ question. Sooyoung hesitantly nodded. “Y-yes, she did.”


The goddess turned to Sunny. “Was the kiss your doing, Sunny-ah?” Her tone was icy and accusatory.


The unexpected kiss disgruntled the goddess and she needs to know who was responsible for it. Sunny knew this and so she immediately shook her head in response. “Of course not your highness.” She quickly answered.


The goddess’ gaze fell on Sooyoung, startling the angel. “And you didn’t see this coming?”


Sooyoung gulped. “No, your highness.”


The goddess arched an eyebrow. “That’s quite odd don’t you think?”


“It is. To be honest I was very distressed when I found out about the kiss. I didn’t receive any visions warning me about the event at all. It was quite shocking.”


The goddess became silent. She sat there contemplating about the sudden turn of events. This was indeed something they weren’t prepared for at all. The plan they prepared prior to Taeyeon’s summoning did not include the “kiss.” What could this mean? If this wasn’t Sunny’s doing then who was it? Even Sooyoung didn’t foresee this coming. Could this be the works of the Gods?


The two angels glanced at each other, fully aware of the gravity of the situation. They knew the goddess was probably apprehensive about the “kiss” incident and the implications of that event. The kiss wasn’t part of the pre-mediated plan, therefore everyone is worried about the consequences it might generate.


The goddess suddenly glanced up, alerting the two angels.


“Sooyoung, have you foreseen anything unusual in the upcoming events?”


“Nothing out of the ordinary your highness.”


“I see. Well then continue guiding her and report back to me if there is any progress or any sudden changes.”


“Will do.” They both said at the same time.


The two angels bowed before exiting the royal chamber. Once the two angels were gone the goddess snapped her fingers, vanishing in to thin air. She teleported in to a golden splashed room; it was bigger and a lot grander than her white room. She stood at the center of the room in the midst of five figures seated on their own individual throne.


“She came.” Said the tallest of the five, amusement evident in his eyes.


The goddess sneered at him but he only smirked. She turned her attention to the man sitting at the middle and wasted no time confronting him. “Yunho! What is the meaning of this!?”


“Now, now Hyoyeon, is this how you speak to your superior?” Yunho asked with a stoic face. Clearly he wasn’t as amused at the girl’s callous tone as the other gods who were snickering at their seats.


Hyoyeon disregarded his statement and continued on with her confrontation. “The kiss, was that your doing or not?”


“Yes it was.” Yunho answered simply. “Do you have a problem with that?”


“Yes I do! This is my case, so why are you five getting involved in this?!”


Yunho just smirked.


Hyoyeon gritted her teeth and balled her hands in anger. She was furious that they, of all gods, interfered with her operation. This was her case! Not theirs! What rights do they have to call the shots and change the plans she had made!? This wasn’t the first time the five gods had tried to interfere in her plans. Her last mission almost failed because of their last minute “modifications.” She had to ask the other gods for help just so she could save her a** from the wrath of the superior gods for almost ruining the mission! And now they’re at it again. She won’t let them go this time.


“All of you are fully aware that Taeyeon is my case, so why? Why are you getting involved in this!? Answer me!”


“You know the reason why, Hyoyeon.” Jaejoong spoke up.


“That’s right. You should also know by now that Jessica is our mission. Everything concerning her is our concern as well.” Yoochun further explained.


Hyoyeon bit the inside of her cheek as she tried to contain her anger. “I know that. But why did you have to make such a drastic change? Why did you make them kiss? I don’t understand why you have to get involved! Do you know the consequences of what you’ve just done!?” Hyoyeon bellowed. Clearly her attempts at calming herself down aren’t working at all.



“We are fully aware of the consequences of our actions.” Junsu explained matter-of-factly.


“Then why did you do it?! Do you know how much this will affect my subject?! Because of the kiss, I’m going to have to change everything!”


Jaejoong angrily slammed his fist on the arm rest. Hyoyeon didn’t flinched and held her ground.


“Then change it! That is what you are there for! Your job is to help her overcome obstacles so she could successfully finish her mission not ours! Our primary concern is Jessica and not Taeyeon!” Jaejoong scowled.


Changmin quickly placed his hand on Jaejoong’s arm trying to calm him down. Jaejoong doesn’t usually yell, and when he does, it means things will spiral out of control soon.


“You—”


“ENOUGH!” Everyone turned to source of the booming voice.


Yunho, who was now standing, made his way towards Hyoyeon. He stopped right in front of her and looked down at her with such fury in his eyes. He wasn’t please with the way the goddess have been acting ever since she appeared in their chamber, nor was he please with her nonstop interrogation. Just because he’s been quiet, doesn’t mean he tolerates Hyoyeon’s disrespectful actions.


“You know everything we do is for the benefit of our subjects, in this case Jessica Jung. So if we make abrupt changes then that means we are doing it for Jessica’s welfare. If our changes affect your subject then you have to deal with it yourself. You are a goddess for a reason. Use your powers and your resources to fix whatever problems that might arise from our changes. You have two angels at your disposal, make use of them.”


Hyoyeon lowered her gaze in guilt. As much as she’d hate to admit it, Yunho was right. No matter the circumstances or changes that occur, it is her duty to fix it and make sure her subject returns to the right path when something unexpected happens. She had done the same thing in the past. Just because her decisions might affect the other gods’ subjects, it never stopped her from continuing with her plan. She has done it plenty of times in the past and not once did she think about the implications of her decisions and how it would affect the other gods’ subjects.


“Moreover, you do not have any right to question the Dong Bang Shin Ki’s decisions. We may be close friends, but we are still your superiors. You need to show respect when you speak to us. You do not yell at us nor do you vent your frustrations at us. Know your place Hyoyeon. Is that clear?”


Hyoyeon bit her bottom lip. She knew she was at fault here. “Y-yes, your highness. I apologize for my outburst.”


“Good. As long as you understand.”


Hyoyeon nodded. “I shall take my leave.”


Yunho nodded. With that, Hyoyeon vanished into thin air.


Changmin rose from his seat and walked over to Yunho. “Hyung, do you think we did the right thing?”


Yunho turned to his dongsaeng and smiled. “I guess we’ll find out soon won’t we?”


-----------------


It has been two days since the incident that occurred during dinner and Jessica still refuses to speak to Taeyeon. The spirit have tried everything to make the brunette talk to her again; she apologized numerous times, she begged, she tried to make her laugh, she tried to bribe her, and she even tried to scare her! Unfortunately her scare tactic only earned her a bump on the head when she tried to scare her with a cucumber. Nothing was working.


This is bad. Taeyeon thought. At this point she’ll never progress with her mission.


“Jessica-sshi, please talk to me.” Taeyeon pleaded as she gently poked the other girl’s arm.


Jessica ignored her and kept her silence. She was still indignant from Taeyeon’s behavior a few days ago. Nope, she isn’t thinking about Taeyeon’s outburst during dinner, she was more preoccupied about the kiss they shared not too long ago. For some reason, ever since the kiss, she couldn’t stop thinking about Donghae. She was angry at herself for easily kissing somebody like that. And a girl at that too! Not only was she mad at herself, she was ashamed of herself for actually forgetting about Donghae! She didn’t think it was possible but she did forget about him after the kiss. The argument she had with Taeyeon during dinner made her realize this.


Ever since then she’s been so preoccupied with the kiss and what it meant. She didn’t like Taeyeon, that she knows, but she is attracted to her physically. She can’t deny the fact that the girl was a beauty. And that’s what scares her. She doesn’t want her attraction to develop in to something more. She wants to move on, but she definitely doesn’t want anyone to replace Donghae in her heart. She loves him too much, and it’s the least she could do for what she had done to him.


“Jessica-sshi.” Taeyeon tried again.


Jessica abruptly stopped on her tracks. “We’re here.” She stated.


Taeyeon turned her attention to what Jessica was looking at. Her face brightened up immediately at the sight of the building. “Ah! So this is the high school Yoona is attending! Let’s go in!” Taeyeon turned to the brunette hoping she’ll give her some sort of response, but to her dismay the girl just walked on without even glancing at her. Taeyeon dolefully followed the brunette inside.


-----------------


“Jessica, are you sure about this?”


“Come on, Taec, just let me do this. Plus you owe me last time.”


The man uncomfortably shifted on his seat. His friend had just asked him for a favor, asking him to let her and her friend attend some classes in the school. He was the principal of the high school so he has the power over these things. He could just easily concede to her request, but he was hesitant. He wasn’t sure what his friend is up to and he’s not sure if he’d like the outcome of it. The last time Jessica had done something like this was during their college years. Her prank almost got her, him and their friends expelled from the university. Just thinking about it gives him the goosebumps.


“I don’t know Jessica…”


“If you’re worried about me tainting your reputation as a principal, I promise I will never let that happen. All I want is for me and my friend to be in the same class as this girl.” She said pointing at Yoona’s picture. “Please Taec.”


“You promise you won’t do anything stupid?”


“I promise.”


Taecyeon stared hard at Jessica for a moment trying to make sure her promise was sincere.


“I promise ok? Pinky promise?” Jessica held out her pinky across his desk. Taecyeon stared at it warily. He sighed and wrapped his pinky around Jessica’s pinky before the two sealed it with their thumbs.


“Fine, but only for a little while ok?”


“Yes! I promise! Thanks Taec!” Jessica said happily before running out of his office.


“That’s Principal Ok to you young lady!” Taecyeon yelled after her. He let out another sigh and slumped back on his seat. I really hope she doesn’t do anything stupid.


------


“Wow! I can’t believe you got the principal to agree to this! You’re really awesome Jessica-sshi!” Taeyeon exclaimed gleefully, patting Jessica on the back.


When Jessica felt Taeyeon pat her back she quickly turned around and grabbed the other girl’s wrist. Taeyeon froze at Jessica’s sudden action. Startled at the brunette’s icy glare, she instantly took a cautious step back.


“J-jessica-sshi…?”


Jessica took a step forward and stared intently at Taeyeon’s eyes making the other girl cower even more. “Let me get this clear ok, I am not helping you so that we could become friends. I’m not doing this to hang out with you or to bond with you. The only reason why I’m doing this is so that I can get you off my back quicker. So stop acting like we’re close friends because we’re not and we never will be!”


Jessica flashed Taeyeon another eye piercing glare before stomping off, leaving a stunned Taeyeon frozen in the middle of the deserted hallway.


------


“Alright, quiet down class. I need to make an announcement.”


The rowdy class immediately quieted down upon the entrance of their teacher. Everyone, including Yoona and her group of friends, gave her their full attention. The teacher smiled at their diligence.


“I have good news for you guys. Today, two new students are going to be joining our class!”


As expected, the class went on frenzy upon the sudden news. Everyone was whispering to each other about their thoughts on having new students. The majority are pleased and excited to welcome the new students, there were a few who were not, noting that the class was already big enough as it was.


“I hope they’re hot guys!” Hyuna gushed.


“Yeah, same here. The guys in our class are really not attractive, well except for Jiyoung and Youngbae of course.” CL glanced at the two mentioned boys and smiled at them dreamily.


“Eww, come on Chaerin, stop pinning for them. You know they’re both heartless players.” Eunjung piped in.


“I know, but still.” CL pouted. “And stop calling me Chaerin! It’s CL!” She said punching Eunjung playfully.


“Who do you think they are Yoona?” Hyuna nudged her friend.


“Hmm…from the teacher’s calm reaction, I’m guessing they’re either girls or nerds. If they were hot guys, Ms. Jung Juri would have spazzed about them by now.”


“Oh my gosh, you are so right! Aww!” All three girls whined.


“Alright class, calm down, calm down. I’m going to call them in now. New students, please come in.”


Everyone’s attention immediately darted to the front door anticipating the entrance of the two new students. The door slowly opened revealing two young ladies around the same height and the same age. One was a blonde and the other was a brunette.


Yoona’s jaw dropped at the sight of them. She definitely recognized the duo from a couple of days ago when she caught them following her. Back then she thought they were elementary school kids playing secret agent, therefore she treated them like little kids. She can’t believe they're in the same class! Does that mean we're the same age as well!?


“Oh my gosh! You’re right Yoona! They are girls!” Hyuna exclaimed. 


Yoona sat there stunned with her jaw still on the floor.


“And they’re pretty hot as well!” CL added.


“Yeah, too bad we’re all straight girls.” Eunjung pointed out. The three pouted simultaneously as the reality dawned on them.


“Please introduce yourselves.” Ms. Jung Juri instructed.


The shorter of the two stepped forward first. “Hi! My name is Kim Taeyeon! Nice to meet you all!” She said enthusiastically. She bowed and stepped back to her original spot.


The brunette stepped forward next. “Hi, I’m Jessica.” She said halfheartedly. She slightly bowed her head before moving back to her original spot as well.


“Well then, everyone please treat them well. Now, you two please take a seat at the two desks at the back of the room.” The teacher said pointing at the empty desks near the window. As the two silently made their way towards their desks, they couldn't help but feel self-conscious at how everyone had their eyes trained on them. The two pretended not to notice the hawk-like eyes that bore holes on their backs and made themselves comfortable on their seats.


“Well that went better than I thought.” Taeyeon commented. Taeyeon turned to Jessica, but the latter just shrugged her shoulders in response. “So, what should we do now?”


Jessica shrugged again. She really didn't have any plan sorted out. When she thought of this plan she didn't really thought it through.


“Aw, come on Jessica.”


Jessica turned to Taeyeon and glared at her. After shutting the latter up, Jessica placed her head down and went to sleep. She really couldn't get any wink of sleep from all of the thinking she did that night. Now that she's exhausted, she can finally get a proper rest.

Taeyeon sighed as she watched the brunette's shoulder rise up and down. As soon as Jessica's breathing became even, Taeyeon knew the girl has really fallen asleep. She shook her head disapprovingly at the sleeping Jessica before turning her head forward and focusing her attention on the teacher’s lesson.


------


“Ok Jessica-sshi, now is our chance!”


Taeyeon grabbed Jessica’s wrist dragging her across the room to where Yoona sat eating her lunch quietly. Yoona was sitting alone at the moment because her three friends went down to the cafeteria to grab some snacks. Taeyeon thought this would be a good opportunity to make friends with the girl. 

Taeyeon and Jessica sat at the desk in front of Yoona's desk. Yoona, who was about to swallow her food, choked when the duo suddenly appeared before her. 


Noticing the other girl’s discomfort, Taeyeon hastily got up from her seat and began patting her back. “Are you alright!?” She asked concernedly. 


Yoona nodded her head as she continued to cough. After a while of coughing, Yoona grabbed her water bottle and drank from it. “I’m a-alright.” She said panting.


Taeyeon smiled in relief. “Phew! That’s good!” She commented as she made her way back to the seat in front of Yoona’s desk. Once seated, she stretched her hand across Yoona’s desk for a handshake. “Hi, my name is Kim Taeyeon. And this girl right here,” Taeyeon said gesturing to Jessica, “is Jessica.” The brunette gave Yoona a curt a bow in acknowledgement. Yoona bowed back politely. “What’s your name?” Taeyeon asked innocently as if she wasn't already aware of the girl's identity.


“Erm…I’m Yoona.” Yoona replied as she shook Taeyeon’s hand warily. 


“Ah! Nice to meet you, Yoona–sshi!” Taeyeon shook her hand enthusiastically which caused Yoona to laugh awkwardly.


“Yea, nice to meet you too.” Yoona said as she eyed the two girls back and forth. Although they seem friendly, the two of them seems very suspicious. The last time she met them the two were stalking her. Or at least she thought they were stalking her. I mean, if they weren't stalking me then why in the world where they following me for a whole hour? Hmm…who are these two?


As Yoona contemplated by herself, Jessica took a glance at her and noticed the suspicious and the doubt in her eyes. She knew the girl was curious about hers and Taeyeon’s identity. She can't really blame the girl. Jessica herself was wary about Taeyeon's identity and intentions when she first met her, so it's only natural for the other girl to feel cautious as well. By the way Yoona has been staring at the two of them, Jessica could tell that the girl was definitely planning on interrogating them regarding the incident that occurred a couple of day ago. So before Yoona could open and ask a question, Jessica hurriedly got up and grabbed Taeyeon’s wrist, pulling the blonde up along with her.


“Well, that was a nice chat." Jessica stated. Taeyeon just stared at her weirdly. Jessica ignored Taeyeon's puzzled expression and smiled at Yoona. "It was nice meeting you, Yoona-sshi. We’ll see you later.” Jessica bowed, smacking Taeyeon on the head forcing her to bow as well.


“Eh! But—” Before Yoona could protest, Jessica stormed out of the classroom and dragged the confused Taeyeon out in to the hallway.


“Yah! Jessica-sshi slow down! Yah, why did you do that for! We could have been friends with her already!” Taeyeon complained as Jessica continued to drag her along.


Once they were far enough from the classroom, Jessica halted and immediately dropped Taeyeon’s wrist. She turned to Taeyeon and glared at her. “Are you really that oblivious? Did you not notice that the girl was suspicious about us? We almost got caught!”


Taeyeon’s eyes widened at the realization. “She was!? I didn’t know!” Taeyeon face-palmed herself. Gosh, she was oblivious indeed. “Good thinking pulling us out there Jessica. Phew!”


Jessica rolled her eyes.


Out of the blue, a voice interrupted their conversation.


“Jessica?”


Jessica froze on her spot. She knew that voice. It has been a while since she last heard that familiar voice, but she definitely recognized it. She could recognize it anywhere. Damn! How could she forget that he attends this school!? Jessica Jung you are an idiot!


Unconsciously, her hands began trembling and her heartbeat began racing. She was scared because she knew who it was. She didn’t want to turn around and verify who it was because if she does, she might actually break down right then and there. And so she pretended not to hear anything.


“Jessica?” The voice called out again.


Jessica's hands were starting to get clammy from the nervousness. She really hoped he would just leave.


Taeyeon eyed the brunette worriedly. There was a boy standing behind Jessica and it seemed like he knows who she was. Jessica doesn't seem to notice him at all, or she was probably ignoring him. Either way, Jessica was acting very peculiar and she doesn't know why.


When Jessica didn’t move, the individual made his way around her and stood in front of Jessica. Jessica’s eyes widened when she saw who it was.


I was right. She thought bitterly. Her heart dropped.





“Taemin.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Ooh! Goddess Hyo finally makes a reappearance and the DBSK Gods finally makes their debut! Yaay! Hmm...the gods doesn't seem to get along well. I wonder what's going to happen. Ooh! And Taemin finally makes his appearance! Yaay! More drama to come people! But don't worry, there will be more Taengsic moments in the next chapter! Taengsic's relationship will become better next chapter so look forward to it! 

Comment, comment! Thank you for reading! :)