Ch. 23 - Jealousy

Second Chance

Chapter 23 – Jealousy

 

Taeyeon sat quietly next to an equally quiet Jessica at the dining table, glancing at her every now and then as she ate her breakfast. Ever since that incident last night, Jessica hasn’t spoken to her. She tried to explain herself to her last night but the girl ignored her and went straight to bed instead. Even Krystal refused to talk to her. She at least wanted Krystal to explain to Jessica that nothing was going on between them, but the younger girl ran away the moment Jessica walked into the bed room.

 

Now she have no idea what to do. How the heck is she supposed to clear things up if none of the Jung sisters would cooperate or speak with her.

 

Aish. What the heck have I gotten myself into. She frowned glumly.

 

“Tae Tae, are you okay?”

 

Taeyeon snapped out of her thoughts when she heard Tiffany’s concerned voice echo from across the table.

 

“Oh, um, yeah. Everything’s fine.” She said and gave Tiffany a weak smile.

 

Tiffany had a doubtful look on her face. “Are you sure? You and Jessie are acting strangely odd today…” She noted.

 

Taeyeon panicked. Tiffany sure is catching on to their weird behavior very fast. She just hopes she doesn’t get too far with her curiosity.

 

“Er. Nothing’s wrong. We just didn’t get enough sleep last night…if you know what I mean.”

 

Tiffany’s face contorted to disgust. “Ew, ew, ew! Too much information Tae Tae!” She wailed in revulsion.

 

Despite herself, Taeyeon laughed. So did Yonghwa.

 

Just then, Jessica rose from her seat, catching everyone’s attention. She picked up her half empty plate and pushed her chair in.

 

“Jessie? Where are you going?” Tiffany asked her friend who had a blank look on her face.

 

“I’m not hungry.” Jessica mumbled before proceeding towards the kitchen.

 

Taeyeon quickly picked up her own plate and went after Jessica.

 

Tiffany and Yonghwa glanced at each other and gave each other a confused look.

 

“What the heck was that?” Tiffany asked, raising a brow.

 

Yonghwa shrugged his shoulders cluelessly.

 

Tiffany turned to the mute girl sitting beside her. “Krys, do you know what’s going on?” She nudged the girl.

 

Krystal momentarily looked up from her plate, but quickly lowered her head back down and gave Tiffany a shrug as a response as well.

 

Tiffany frowned.

 

======

 

Pressing the button down with her foot, the lid of the trash bin rose. Jessica hastily disposed of her left over into the trash bin and dumped the dirty plate in the sink along with her cup.

 

She was about to head out when Taeyeon came rushing in almost crashing with her.

 

“Omo, Sica.” Taeyeon said startled.

 

Jessica took a step back and kept her distance from Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon frowned at this. “Sica, can we talk? Please?”

 

Jessica avoided her gaze and proceeded to walk around Taeyeon. Taeyeon caught on and quickly blocked Jessica’s way, preventing the latter from escaping.

 

Jessica stared at the arm that was blocking her way. Her eyes slowly trailed up to Taeyeon’s arm all the way to her face, her eyes eventually locking gaze with Taeyeon’s.

 

She shot Taeyeon the iciest glare she could muster, but Taeyeon didn’t budge. She held her gaze.

 

“Sica, please hear me out.” Taeyeon pleaded.

 

Jessica gritted her teeth.

 

“I don’t want to hear anything from you.” She spat angrily.

 

Taeyeon flinched. She almost forgot that Jessica could have quite a temper. “Please, Sica…” She took a step forward and reached out for Jessica’s hand, but Jessica quickly recoiled her arm, wrapping it around herself instead. She took two steps back away from Taeyeon and looked away.

 

The blatant rejection hurt Taeyeon more than the harsh words.

 

“I swear there’s nothing going on with the two of us. What you saw last night—I don’t even know where that came from. I’m as equally surprised as you were by what happened.”

 

Jessica snapped her head up and sneered at Taeyeon. “Then why did she say she loves you? She wouldn’t say that for no reason, Taeyeon. You must have done something to encourage her.”

 

Taeyeon shook her head. “All I did was befriend her, that’s it. I did nothing else but that. Sica, you have to believe me. You know you’re the only one I love. No one else.”

 

Jessica looked away. She knew Taeyeon was telling the truth. She saw the entire thing, from how Krystal kissed Taeyeon without her knowledge up until her timid confession. But what confuses her was why Krystal would have those feelings in the first place? They’ve only known each other for a couple of days, barely a week! How could she develop romantic feelings for Taeyeon in such a short period of time?

 

She wants to find answers to her question, but she knew ignoring Taeyeon and lashing out on her wouldn’t answer any of it.

Jessica let out a tired sigh. “I believe you.”

 

A relieved smile graced Taeyeon’s lips upon hearing Jessica’s response.

 

“But Taeyeon…there has to be a reason. Why would she kiss you and say she loves you for no reason? You must have done something. Can’t you think of anything that might have made her believe so?”

 

“I…” Taeyeon paused and thought for a moment. She really doesn’t know what set off those feelings. All she has done was have small conversations with the girl, nothing more. She never looked at her in that way either, other than in a sisterly way. She treated Krystal the way she has been treating Tiffany and Tiffany turned out fine. What happened with Krystal?

 

“I don’t know what I did. I’ve only treated her in a sisterly way, as I have with Fany. That’s it. I’m really confused. I think it’s best if we talk to Krystal about this.”

 

Jessica nodded. “That would be a good idea.” She agreed as she looked off to the side thoughtfully.

 

Taeyeon kept her gaze on Jessica. There was still a question lingering in her mind that she needed answer.

 

She fidgeted on her spot nervously as she tried to voice out her concern.

 

“So…um…Sica? Um…you’re not mad at me anymore right?”

 

Jessica turned to her and raised a brow. “I was never mad at you.” She said flatly.

 

“Eh? Then why were you ignoring me last night and this morning?”

 

Jessica shrugged. “I was just irritated, I guess. I mean, won’t you be if you found out someone likes your girlfriend, more so when you witnessed them being kissed by another girl? I know it’s a little petty to be mad at something like that, especially since it was just Krystal, but still…I can’t help it. I have feelings too.” Jessica pouted.

 

Taeyeon grinned at the adorable gesture. “Aw, you’re so cute you know that?” She cooed as she stepped forward and circled her arms around Jessica’s thin waist. Jessica leaned forward, wrapping her arms around Taeyeon’s waist as well, and resting her chin on Taeyeon’s shoulder.

 

“Sorry for ignoring you.” Jessica said as she breathed in Taeyeon’s sweet scent that she had missed so much last night.

 

Taeyeon giggled at the tickling sensation Jessica’s breath was making on her neck. She kissed Jessica’s jaw and rested her own chin on Jessica’s shoulder.

 

“It’s okay. I didn’t take it to heart. But we should really talk to Krystal as soon as possible.”

 

“Yeah. Let’s do that later. Right now, you need to cook me breakfast because I’m still hungry.”

 

“If you were still hungry then why did you throw away your food?”

 

Jessica pulled away slightly and glared at her. “It’s your fault!”

 

Taeyeon giggled and held on to Jessica’s waist tighter. “How is it my fault?” She asked as she tilted her head to the side.

 

“Because you made me mad.” She pouted.

 

Taeyeon giggled some more. She really loves teasing Jessica because she makes the most adorable expressions ever.

 

Leaning in, she gave Jessica a peck on the cheek to appease her. “Okay, okay. It’s my fault. Don’t be mad anymore.” She said as she Jessica’s cheek affectionately.

 

The pout on Jessica’s face gradually turned into a smile at the sweet gesture, bringing a smile to Taeyeon as well.

 

“Now let’s go cook that breakfast of yours shall we?”

 

======

 

“What happened?”

 

“Nothing.”

 

“Oh, don’t give me that Krystal. From the way Jessica noona and Taeyeon noona were behaving, I know something happened. What did you do?”

 

Krystal side-stepped and tried to circumvent her older brother, but Yonghwa stretched his arm out preventing her from leaving the room.

 

“Aish, just let me be!” She pushed Yonghwa to the side and rushed out before he could regain his balance.

 

“Yah! Jung Soojung!” He shouted after her, but Krystal was long gone. He cursed under his breath at the turn of events.

 

“Yah, why are you yelling at your sister like that?”

 

Yonghwa stiffened. He slowly turned around and found Tiffany staring at him from the other end of the hallway, a disapproving look plastered on her face.

 

Mustering up the brightest smile, he replied, “Nothing happened noona. She borrowed my phone and she didn’t give it back. I’ll just get it back from her later.”

 

Tiffany’s expression softened. “Well, next time just ask her nicely. Don’t yell at her. You’ll scare her.”

 

Yonghwa nodded and walked towards her. “I will and I’ll apologize to her later as well. Come on, noona, let’s go watch some TV.” He took her arm and led her back into the living room.

 

======

 

Taeyeon looked over her shoulder and found Krystal briskly walking away. She quickly stumbled on her feet and grabbed Krystal by the wrist, jerking her back towards her.

 

“Who—” Krystal spun around and was ready to lash out on whoever touched her, but she quickly clamped shut when she saw who it was. “Tae-Taeyeon…”

 

Taeyeon gave her a weak smile.

 

Krystal looked away to hide the frown on her face.

 

“Hey…can we talk?”

 

Krystal shook her head. “I-I have nothing to say. It was just a mistake. Don’t worry, I promise I’ll tell my sister about it.” She yanked her arm back and proceeded to leave, but she was soon stopped by another figure standing before her.

 

“Krys…”

 

“Unnie…”

 

Jessica stepped forward. “Can we please talk? The three of us?”

 

Krystal looked over her shoulder over to Taeyeon and then back at her sister. She was cornered. She knew this interrogation was bound to happen, though she wished it didn’t have to happen now, but she has no choice. There’s no more escaping now.

 

Sighing, Krystal nodded and submitted defeat. “Okay.”

 

======

 

Krystal fidgeted uncomfortably under the scrutinizing gazes of her unnie, the girl she respected the most, and Taeyeon, the girl she had grown to like…even love. The two pairs of eyes boring through her head was making it difficult for her to talk about the matter at hand. She feels like a criminal who just committed a heinous crime and was being interrogated by two intimidating detectives. It was too pressurizing.

 

She shut her eyes tight and blocked out the anxious looks on her sister’s and Taeyeon’s faces. She really wishes she could just disappear and not have to deal with this.

 

She stiffened immediately when a warm hand caressed her left hand. She slowly raised her head and opened her eyes. Her older sister gave her an encouraging smile.

 

“Krys, it’s okay. We’re not going to eat you. Please talk to us.”

 

Krystal bit the inside of her cheek. “N-nothing happened. It was just a joke. I just wanted to prank the two of you.” She said, her gaze breaking away from her sisters making its way down to her hands that were resting on her thighs.

 

Jessica caught this and she knew her sister was lying. She always looks away when she lies.

 

“Krys, I know you better than this. You won’t just joke around with such a serious matter. Please, tell us what really happened. We won’t get mad.” Jessica promised.

 

Krystal raised her head once more and looked at her sister. “O-okay, fine. I’ll tell you.” She shifted her gaze towards Taeyeon’s direction swiftly, locking gaze with her, before tearing her gaze away and settling it back on her hands. “I admit. I-I like Taeyeon unnie…” She said in a low whisper.

 

Jessica nodded, urging her sister to continue. “Okay. How did this happen?”

 

Krystal’s eyes wandered to the carpeted floor. She shrugged. “I-I don’t know myself. It just sort of happened…I guess.”

 

Jessica and Taeyeon waited for her to continue.

 

“I-I guess, I liked the way she treated me so nicely and so carefully like…like I was someone special.” She shifted her gaze back to her fingers that were playing with the hem of her shirt and blushed at what she just said. “She was the very first person, who isn’t a friend or a relative, that has treated me in such a way…eventually, I-I took a liking in it…I supposed.

 

“I thought it was just crush…well I still think it’s just a crush even though it contradicts what I said last night.” She stole a quick glimpse of the two older girls before her to check their reaction. She quickly looked back down at her fingers when she locked gazed with Taeyeon. “What I said last night—I-I didn’t mean any of it. It was just a spur of the moment thing—I was just very confused about my feelings and I did something unforgivable and said things that were unthinkable. I’m really sorry for causing a rift in your relationship…I…”

 

She looked up at her sister. “Unnie, Taeyeon unnie is innocent. She didn’t know about my feelings and she didn’t kiss me either. I was the one who kissed her, so please don’t be mad at her. And…I promise I’ll get rid of these feelings of mine. I-I might need some time, but I’ll definitely get rid of them. I’m really sorry again for what I’ve done. You don’t know how horrible I feel about what I did. Please forgive me.” She rested her palms on her knees and bowed her head for forgiveness.

 

Taeyeon and Jessica glanced each other. The same thoughts ran through their heads as they stared at each other. Taeyeon nodded.

 

Slowly, Jessica got down on her knees in front of Krystal and wrapped her arms around her sister’s trembling shoulders, pulling the crying girl into a hug. Krystal knelt down on the floor as well and reciprocated her older sister’s embrace. She buried her face in her sister’s shoulders and cried.

 

“I’m sorry.” She whimpered through the fabric of Jessica’s shirt.

 

Jessica her sister’s hair and murmured, “Sshh…it’s okay, Krys. We understand and we forgive you.”

 

Krystal clutched tightly on the sides of her sister’s shirt and nodded.

 

As Krystal continued to cry, Jessica comforted her and rubbed circles on her back until she calmed down.

 

When Krstyal have finally stopped crying, Jessica pulled away and reached for her sister’s damped cheeks. She wiped the lingering tears away with her thumbs and flashed gave Krystal a comforting smile.

 

A weak smile donned her Krystal’s face. “I-I’m really sorry unnie...for everything.” She said as she rid the rest of her tears away with the back of her hand. “I-I will try hard to get rid of my feelings. I promise.”

 

Jessica shook her head. “Don’t force yourself to get rid of them. You’ll only hurt yourself more. Just…just try to change them into something else.” Krystal gave her a confused look so she continued. “Instead of thinking of them as romantic feelings, just think of them as sisterly feelings like how you see and treat Tiffany. It’ll be easier to move on that way instead of forcing yourself to forget those feelings of yours. Plus, I want you two to be close.” She said as she looked over her shoulders and smiled at Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon smiled back. “That’s right. Treat me the same way you’ve been treating me, but without the romantic feelings…more importantly without the kissing.” Taeyeon joked.

 

Despite herself, Krystal laughed at the joke. “Okay, I will. Thanks.”

 

======

 

After the trio’s heart to heart talk, everything went back to normal, at least for the most part. Taeyeon still felt a bit uncomfortable around Krystal knowing about her feelings for her and all, but she made sure not to reflect her discomfort in her actions. She knew Krystal still felt a slight discomfort as well, but she could see that the younger girl was trying her best to act normal and not show it. She, too, is trying her best to act as normal as she could so that Krystal would be able to transform her feelings for her to that of sisterly feelings much smoother.

 

“Hello Taeyeon unnie,”

 

Taeyeon whirled around and smiled at the younger girl approaching her.

 

“Hey,” She greeted back. She slowed her pace down and walked beside Krystal. “Did you buy everything you wanted?” She asked as she referred to the cluster of bags in Krystal’s hands.

 

Right after lunch, the five of them drove to flea market being held at the same town they visited the day before. They’ve been walking around for only about two hours but they’ve already bought a lot of things, well Tiffany, Jessica, and Krystal have at least. Yonghwa and her were the only one just window-shopping.

 

Krystal nodded cheerfully. “Yup! I’ve got souvenirs for all of my friends back in the States.” She said gleefully.

 

“That’s good.”

 

“You didn’t buy anything?” Krystal asked as she noticed Taeyeon’s empty hands.

 

Taeyeon shook her head nonchalantly. “I’ve got no one to buy it for.”

 

“No one? How about your family?”

 

“I don’t have a family.” Taeyeon blurted out without thinking.

 

Upon hearing this, Krystal halted causing Taeyeon to halt on her tracks as well.

 

“Is something wrong?” Taeyeon asked Krystal who was looking at her with an odd look on her face.

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

“Huh?” Taeyeon’s brows knitted together in confusion. “Sorry for what?”

 

“I-I didn’t you were an orphan. I didn’t mean to sound insensitive by what I just said…I’m sorry.”

 

Then it clicked. Taeyeon finally realized what Krystal was talking about.

 

Sh*t. Me and my stupid mouth.

 

“Err, it’s okay. You didn’t know…” She said as she looked away nervously and avoided Krystal’s gaze to keep herself from giving herself away.

 

Krystal, however, took her avoidance in a different context, thinking that Taeyeon was looking away to hide her sadness.

 

Taeyeon almost fell back on her heels when she felt Krystal’s body pressed up against her all of a sudden.

 

“K-Krystal?” She choked out.

 

“It’s okay, Taeyeon unnie.” She slightly pulled back and gazed at Taeyeon’s eyes with warmth and understanding. “You don’t have to feel alone and lonely anymore, because we’re your family now; me, Jessica unnie, Tiffany unnie, and Yonghwa oppa. We’re family.” She smiled thoughtfully.

 

Although Taeyeon knew Krystal have misunderstood her completely, she can’t help but feel a sense of warmth in her heart to hear Krystal say that they were family. For the first time since she was sent to Earth, she actually felt like she belonged somewhere. She no longer feels like a wandering spirit, lost and purposeless. Now she has a role, a place; she is now a member of Jessica’s family. That in itself was such a wonderful thing. She couldn’t help but be overwhelm by a wave of emotions as this realization dawned to her.

 

A genuine smile crept on Taeyeon’s lips. “Thanks.” She said honestly.

 

Taeyeon’s sincere words brought a blush to Krystal’s cheeks.

 

When she realized what she was doing she quickly disentangled herself from the embrace the two of them were still sharing. “S-sorry.” She apologized as she realized her mistake.

 

Taeyeon patted her arm comfortingly. “It’s alright. You’re trying. You’ll get there soon.”

 

With her head down, Krystal nodded.

 

======

 

“Jessie, how are you and Taeyeon doing? You two are not fighting are you?”

 

“What? Of course not. Why would you think that?”

 

“It’s because the two of you have were acting really strange this morning during breakfast. You wouldn’t even spare her a glance even though she kept glancing at you.”

 

“We’re fine, Tiff.” She said brushing the issue off completely. “I just couldn’t get any sleep last night so I was a bit cranky this morning and I accidentally took it out on Taeyeon. I already apologized to her.”

 

Though she was still doubtful, Tiffany nodded and left it at that.

 

Jessica was thankful her friend didn’t question her any further because she really didn’t want to tell her anything. Plus, she didn’t feel the need to since it has already been resolved. Plus, Taeyeon and her have already settled their own issues.

 

Speaking of the girl, where is Taeyeon?

 

She whirled her head around and searched the premises for her girlfriend. She was about to bypass the two women locked in an embrace when she recognized Taeyeon’s signature blonde hair.

 

Her eyes widened and her heart pounded loudly inside her ribcage as she took in the image in front of her. A knot quickly formed in her stomach and nervousness mixed with anger took over her whole being in an instant. She felt weird. This feeling of…of jealousy has not surfaced in such a very long time. She doesn’t even know why she was feeling this way to begin with. They were just hugging, nothing wrong with that.

 

It’s just a friendly, sisterly hug. Jessica tried to convince herself.

 

“Wow, those two have really bonded a lot. They’re even hugging now.” Tiffany proudly commented.

 

Though it was unintentional and though Jessica was fully aware of the innocence of that statement, she still couldn’t help but get riled up by it. Her anger rose quickly.

 

They’re just friends. She chanted in her head.

 

They’re just—

 

Her whole body instantly froze when a genuine smile graced Taeyeon’s lips and warmth enveloped her eyes as she gazed affectionately at Krystal.

 

Anger boiled within her within seconds. Before she could stop herself, she was already marching towards the two unsuspecting figures.

 

Taeyeon and Krystal turned their heads towards her direction when they noticed her approaching.

 

A wide smile formed on Taeyeon’s face. “Sica—”

 

Jessica didn’t give her time to finish her greeting as she violently grabbed Taeyeon’s wrist and pulled her possessively behind her. She flashed Krystal a murderous glare before dragging her clueless girlfriend away from the now confused Krystal.

 

======

 

Taeyeon winced in pain as Jessica dragged her away from Krystal. Her arm feels like it’s about to dislocate soon if Jessica continues to haphazardly pull her arm around in different directions.

 

“S-Sica-ah…you’re hurting me.” She whimpered.

 

At this, Jessica stopped abruptly.

 

If she didn’t have fast reflexes, Taeyeon would have slammed hard on Jessica’s back.

 

“Yah! Sica-ah! Why did you stop without telling me!” Taeyeon complained. “I almost collided with your back! I—”

 

Jessica let go of her wrist and folded her arms over her chest.

 

Taeyeon stopped her rambling when Jessica released the hold on her wrist.

 

“Sica?”

 

Instead of replying, Jessica latched her arm in Tiffany’s arm and pulled the puzzled girl with her. Tiffany looked over her shoulder and bowed her head apologetically at Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon stood there lost and dumbfounded. “What just happened?” She asked no one in particular.

 

A hand grabbed her shoulder and she jumped in startle. She turned to her side to find Yonghwa looking at her with an amused smile playing on his lips.

 

“You’re too clueless noona.” He said cryptically.

 

Taeyeon furrowed her brows. “Huh?”

 

She was really lost.

 

Yonghwa shook his head, a chortle escaping his lips in the process. “Nothing.” He said patting her shoulder once more before walking away to where Krystal still stood, frozen.

 

======

 

Jessica gritted her teeth as she watched Taeyeon, Krystal, and Yonghwa huddle together inside a tent as they browsed through rows of accessories and key chains.

 

Tiffany eyed her friend suspiciously. She’s been so sour ever since she woke up this morning and she’s almost postive it had nothing to do with her lack of sleep, despite what her friend said.

 

Her eyes shifted from Jessica to the tent where the trio was busy looking through the merchandise. Yonghwa walked away from the two women and went deeper into the tent where the men’s accessories were. She looked at her friend next to her and noticed that her gaze was still stuck at her girlfriend and her sister.

 

She frowned and glanced back at the two female in the tent just in time to catch Krystal latch her arm around Taeyeon’s arm, the older girl laughing hysterically at the action. She shifted her gaze back to her friend. By the time she looked at her friend, Jessica’s eyes were already shooting daggers at the two unsuspecting women. Her thoughts then went back to what happened earlier. That’s when it all clicked inside her head.

 

“Jessie…”

 

Jessica, too preoccupied with shooting lasers at Krystal’s back, failed to notice her friend calling out to her.

 

Fed up by her friend’s lack of response, she screamed in Jessica’s ear. “JESSICA!”

 

Jessica recoiled and winced at the booming of Tiffany’s loud voice. She’s pretty sure she just lost hearing in her right ear.

 

“What!?” She shouted back.

 

“Stop shooting daggers at your sister’s back!” Tiffany yelled back.

 

Jessica blinked. “W-what are you talking about?” She was taken aback by Tiffany’s statement.

 

Tiffany rolled her eyes. “Oh, please. You can stop denying it. I know what’s going on.”

 

“N-nothing’s going on.”

 

“Yeah, sure. You being jealous of Krystal is nothing.” Tiffany scoffed.

 

“W-what?! Who said I was jealous?”

 

“You are jealous, just admit it. I already know so you can stop lying already.”

 

D*mn it. When did she catch on?

 

Jessica sighed. “Fine.” She muttered under her breath.

 

“Now that you’ve admitted it, mind telling me what’s going on between you three?”

 

Since Tiffany already knew, Jessica decided to tell her friend what happened the night before up to the events this morning.

 

“Omo. So baby Jung has a crush on Taeyeon? Aww!” Tiffany guffawed as she melted at the thought of Krystal having her first crush.

 

“Yah!” Jessica punched her friend on the arm. “Stop gushing at them!”

 

“But it’s so cute! Krystal has never had a crush before!”

 

“Yeah, but her crush is my girlfriend! That’s unacceptable!”

 

Tiffany shrugged. “I guess it is. But it’s still adorable! Awww!”

 

Jessica scoffed. She can’t believe her friend was siding with her sister. She attempted to hit her friend again, only to be blocked by Tiffany’s purse.

 

“Yah! Stop hitting me!”

 

“Stop shipping them then!”

 

“I’m not! I’m just saying! It’s cute. So cute.” Tiffany giggled.

 

Jessica scoffed.

 

“But you,” Tiffany paused and sneered at Jessica. “You being jealous is not cute at all. It’s quite scary actually.”

 

Jessica crossed her arms and pouted. “Whatever.” She muttered childishly.

 

“So what are you going to do? You’re not going to hurt Krystal or anything are you?”

 

“Nope.” She paused and thought for a second. Moments later, an evil smirk formed on her lips. “I’m just going to keep her away from Taeyeon, is all.”

 

For some reason, Tiffany didn’t like the sound of that. She hopes no one gets hurt in the end.

 

======

 

Arm in arm, Jessica pulled Taeyeon along with her to random booths, browsing and trying on different products excitedly.

 

Jessica grabbed a random T-shirt from a shelf and held it in front of Taeyeon’s body.

 

“Hmm, this looks cute on you Taengoo.” Jessica said, her head tilted to the side in a cute manner as she eyed the shirt in front of Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon couldn’t help but guffaw at how adorable Jessica looked with her lips pursed, eyebrows knitted in the middle, and her eyes narrowed in concentration.

 

Jessica looked up from the T-shirt and met Taeyeon’s eyes.

 

“What do you think?”

 

Taeyeon gave her a thumb up. “I like it.”

 

“Do you really like it or are you just saying that because I think it’s cute.”

 

“A little bit both.” Taeyeon admitted.

 

Jessica pouted at her answer. “If you don’t like it, then we can go look for another one.” She muttered glumly.

 

The grin on Taeyeon’s face widened tenfold at the cuteness of her girlfriend’s demeanor.

 

Jessica proceeded to put the T-shirt back on the shelf, but was stopped by Taeyeon. Taeyeon took the shirt from Jessica’s grasp and planted a chaste kiss on Jessica’s lips.

 

Jessica blinked.

 

“I told you I like it didn’t I? Come on, let’s go pay for it.” Taeyeon said, nudging the still frozen Jessica.

 

Jessica didn’t move so Taeyeon kissed her again.

 

This time, when Taeyeon pulled away, there was a pink hue on both of Jessica’s cheeks, accompanied by a small timid smile. “Okay.” She finally conceded.

 

She was about to take a step, but quickly stopped when she noticed the pile of clothing they messily left on the counter. “Wait. You go put those back. I’ll pay for the shirt.”

 

Taeyeon looked at the clothes Jessica was referring to. “Okay.” She said as she went on ahead and gathered the clothes.

 

Jessica proceeded towards the cashier.

 

“Thank you for your purchase.” The sales lady said as she bowed slightly.

 

Jessica quickly returned the bow and grabbed the plastic bag from the counter. When she turned back around she saw Taeyeon and Krystal together, merrily putting the clothes back on the shelf.

 

Anger and jealousy resurfaced from the pit of her stomach. Clutching the plastic bag tightly with her hand, she marched to where the two were happily enjoying each other’s company and grabbed Taeyeon’s arm, pulling her out of the tent with her.

 

Taeyeon squealed when she felt someone snatch her arm. She was about to pull away when she realized it was Jessica who was pulling her.

 

“Sica-ah, wait. What about the clothes? And Krystal?” She asked as she looked back at tent that was getting smaller and smaller by each step.

 

“Krystal’s old enough to handle herself. And she can just put the clothes back by herself.” Jessica spat angrily.

 

Taeyeon frowned. Though she didn’t approve of just leaving Krystal to handle the clothes, she knew Jessica was right about Krystal being able to handle herself.

 

Taeyeon could only sigh as she let Jessica lead her off to God knows where.

 

======

 

On the way home, the five of them settled in a small restaurant for dinner.        

 

Before anyone could claim their seats, Jessica sat down on one of the chairs and pulled Taeyeon to the seat next to her. Yonghwa sat at the head of the table while Tiffany and Krystal sat opposite of Taeyeon and Jessica.

 

After they ordered, the five of them engaged in a light conversation.

 

“So, what did you guys buy at the flea market?” Yonghwa asked no one in particular as he took a sip of water out of his cup.

 

“I bought a lot cute accessories!” Tiffany started off the conversation. She took out her bags and showed the group a few of them.

 

“I bought souvenirs for my friends back in the States.” Krystal added on.

 

Taeyeon leaned on the table excitedly. “Oooh, did you end up buying those cute little tiki keychain figures that we were looking at earlier?”

 

Krystal nodded eagerly. She took out a few and showed it to Taeyeon and the others.

 

Jessica balled her hands into a tight fist and sat silently as she watched everyone observe Krystal’s key chains with much interest. While everyone’s attention was centered around the key chains, her gaze, on the other hand was locked on Taeyeon and Krystal’s hands that were constantly brushing against each other.

 

Resentment and hate burned in Jessica’s eyes as she watched the two continue to mindlessly engage in skin contact without care. Is she jealous? Yes, she is very jealous, but besides that, she is even more angered at the fact that everyone, especially Taeyeon, her girlfriend, had forgotten all about her presence.

 

Thankfully, the food arrived just then before she could do anything impulsive. Everyone went back to their respective seats and dug into their food.

 

Taeyeon was about to dive into her own plate when she noticed Krystal staring warily at her own food.

 

“Is something wrong, Krystal?”

 

Krystal looked up from her plate. “Uhh…there are cucumbers in my burger…” She said and pointed at her burger.

 

“Are you allergic to cucumbers too, like Sica?”

 

Krystal nodded.

 

“Here, why don’t we switch. You don’t mind pasta do you?”

 

“No, I don’t mind.”

 

This whole time Jessica was quietly watching as the two conversed. Her clutch on the fork tightened as the two exchanged plates. Unbeknownst to her, she didn’t realize that she has been shooting Krystal daggers this entire time.

 

Tiffany noticed this so she shot her leg under the table with every intent on kicking Jessica on the leg to knock some senses out of her before anyone could notice. Unfortunately, her terrible aim caused her to accidentally kick Yonghwa on the shin instead.

 

“Ow!”

 

Tiffany gasped when she realized her mistake. “Omo! I’m so sorry.” She apologized profusely.

 

Although her original plan failed, her mistake still managed to snap Jessica out from her murderous state.

 

She diverted her attention from Yonghwa and shot Jessica a quick look, which Jessica understood immediately.

 

Throughout the rest of the dinner, Jessica ignored everyone and ate in silence.

 

======

 

The car ride back home was painfully silent. The heaviness of the atmosphere almost seemed tangible. Not only that, the mood was so suffocating that at one point Taeyeon had to roll down the window just to get a breather.

 

Taeyeon was fully aware that something was wrong, but she didn’t know how to address it. Jessica has been acting like this since the morning. She thought they already settled everything but it seem like something else was bothering her girlfriend. At the flea market, she didn’t bother with it and just ignored it, but now that they’ve reach home and Jessica was still ignoring her, she felt worried.

 

“Sooyeon…” She called out to the girl picking her clothes out from the drawers.

 

Jessica continued to ignore her.

 

“Sica…what’s wrong?”

 

Jessica grabbed a pair of pink shorts and a gray t-shirt and headed to the bathroom inside their room. Jessica shut the door loudly behind her.

 

Taeyeon marched towards the door and attempted to open it to confront Jessica about her odd behavior, but the girl had locked the door before she could have a chance.

 

Taeyeon groaned. She retracted her hand back to her side and stared at the closed door. After a while, she her heels and walked towards the dresser. She grabbed her own changed of clothes and changed. After she was done, she stared at the closed door on last time before heading down to the living room where everyone was watching a movie.

 

======

 

Halfway through the movie, Jessica descended from upstairs. After contemplating by herself for some time, she finally decided to speak to Taeyeon about her issue.

 

She eagerly trudged towards the living room where everyone was intently watching a movie. She could hear sniffling coming from the room and wondered what they were watching.

 

As she entered the living room, her eyes scanned the room for her girlfriend. Her eyes landed on the two figures huddled together on the couch. Her heart dropped in an instant.

 

Krystal’s head was nestled in the crook of Taeyeon’s neck, the side of Taeyeon’s head leaning against Krystal’s head as she rubbed Krystal’s arm with her palm.

 

The sight broke her heart and she couldn’t contain her feelings anymore.

 

That was the last straw.

 

Without thought, she stomped her way towards the front door. She hastily slipped on her flats and grabbed the car keys by the counter. She shut the front door behind her with a loud bang causing everyone in the living to snap out of their depressed state that the Titanic movie has created.

 

Taeyeon disentangled herself from the bawling Krystal and got up from the couch.

 

“Was that Sica?” She asked the people in the room.

 

They all shrugged.

 

Shaking her head, she headed towards the door and slipped on her sneakers. When she reached the driveway, she found Jessica inside their rental car hastily putting on the key into the ignition. She quickly rushed to the passenger side of the car and jumped in before Jessica could take off.

 

Jessica snapped her gaze to her direction.

 

“What are you doing here?” She spat angrily.

 

Taeyeon brushed off the question and proceeded with her questioning instead. “Sooyeon, what’s going on? Why are you acting this way?”

 

Jessica gritted her teeth and ignored Taeyeon’s questions as well. She switched on the car and began backing up from the driveway.

 

“Sooyeon-ah, stop. Where do you think you’re going?”

 

“None of your business.” She shot back. Before Taeyeon could respond, she stepped on the gas and sped off.

 

Taeyeon stumbled back in her seat and groaned. Sitting up on her seat, she put on her seatbelt and remained quiet for the remainder of the ride.

 

Throughout the ride, Taeyeon kept stealing glances at Jessica. Almost two hours of driving has passed and Jessica has yet to say anything. At this point, Taeyeon felt that Jessica was never going to tell her anything unless she forced it out of her.

 

Taeyeon sighed.

 

“Sooyeon-ah, please talk to me. What’s wrong? Why are you being like this?”

 

Still, Jessica won’t respond.

 

Taeyeon was getting irritated by her silence. “Did I do something wrong?”

 

Jessica scoffed.

 

Taeyeon nodded. “So I did do something wrong.”

 

“You didn’t do anything.” Jessica muttered between gritted teeth.

 

“But you just said I did something wrong—”

 

“You didn’t do anything that’s what you did!” Jessica shouted all of a sudden.

 

Taeyeon blinked.

 

Now she was really lost. “What? What are you talking about?”

 

Frustrated that Taeyeon still hasn’t realized what was wrong, Jessica violently banged her hands on the steering wheel.

 

“You didn’t do anything! When Krystal hugged you, you didn’t anything! When she held your arms and touch you, you didn’t do anything! And when she was in your arms, you didn’t do anything either!” She bellowed.

 

Taeyeon’s brows furrowed in the middle. “I don’t understand what you’re trying to say.”

 

Jessica scoffed. “That’s the thing Taeyeon, you never understand anything! You never do!”

 

“You want to know why? I don’t understand anything because you never tell me anything! How am I supposed to know what’s going on with you if you never tell me anything, huh!?”

 

Jessica froze. That line. She has heard it before.

 

--OOO—

 

“I don’t understand anything because you never tell me anything! How am I supposed to know what’s going on with you if you never tell me anything?”

 

Jessica grabbed his leather jacket and threw it at him. “Just get out! Get out of here and don’t ever come back! Go to her for all I care!”

 

Donghae ran his fingers through his hair in frustration. “I told you nothing’s going on with us! She’s just my colleague! Why can’t you understand that?! I’m marrying you ain’t I!?”

 

Jessica pulled off the engagement ring from her finger and threw it at him as well. “Not anymore!”

 

Donghae scoffed.

 

“I said get out! Get out and don’t ever come back!”

 

Donghae shook his head and grabbed his jacket and the engagement ring sprawled on the floor. He looked back at Jessica one last time before making his way out the apartment.

 

Jessica locked herself in the bedroom and cried. Little did she know that that would be the last time she would ever see her fiancé alive.

 

--OOO—

 

“Sooyeon watch out!”

 

Hearing Taeyeon’s voice, she snapped out of her thoughts.

 

Her eyes widened when she saw another car speeding straight at them. On instinct, she shut her eyes and covered her face with her arms.

 

The last thing she felt before everything deteriorated was a warm body enveloping her.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Soooo, I did not realize how long this chapter was already until after I finished writing it and decided to edit it. -__- Hopefully it wasn't too tiring for you guys to read all that. Anyway, my goal is to finish this fic by the end of January, if not early February. I will try to update more often now that I'm on my winter vacation. Next chapter, the Gods will make a comeback. Yuri will make a comeback soon as well, so look forward to that. Btw, if you guys like this story, please click on that arrow thingy next to the title of my fic. Thank you!

I know I'm kind of late on this, but omg! SNSD's I Got A Boy! Yay! The music video was so awesome! *fangirl moment!* lol Btw, I've recently changed my bias as well. My new bias is now Jessica Jung! Her rendition of Someday just blew me away. I still can't believe she sang a Filipino song! That was so awesome! X) I will forever love Jessica for that! <3

Anyway, comments are very much appreciated! Thank you for reading and commenting! And welcome new readers! =]