Ch. 24 - Promises and decisions

Second Chance

Chapter 24 – Promises and decisions

 

Blinking once, twice, thrice, her surrounding slowly solidified. She rubbed her tired eyes with her hands to rid the rest of the blurriness.

 

Everything soon became clear.

 

Where am I? She wondered.

 

Carefully, she pushed herself up from the floor, which, she noted was white as well.

 

Her eyes wandered around the room, surveying her surroundings.

 

Everything around her is white and the room is quite spacious. Her eyes narrowed. Actually, she’s not even sure if this is room because as far as she can tell, there are no walls.

 

She tilted her head back and stared at the ceiling. She squinted her eyes and covered the top of it with her palm as she tried to locate the ceiling. There was none. The space above her head went on and on forever. Only a bright light shone above her.

 

What is going on?

 

She slowly lowered her head down. As she did, two black orbs stared back at her giving her a shock.

 

“AAAHHHHH!” She screamed and pushed the other person away from her.

 

The other person stumbled backwards and landed on their back.

 

She looked to her side and found another pair of black orbs staring back at her.

 

“AA-”

 

Before she could scream, a hand shot out and covered , stopping her from doing so.

 

“Yah! Will you quit screaming like a little girl!?” Yelled the person clamping shut with their palms.

 

Taeyeon blinked. That voice…

 

That’s when she recognized who it was.

 

“Asgnwoieapfnie!”

 

The person recoiled their arm and wiped their palms on their white robe. “Ew! You got spit all over my hand!”

 

“Sooyoung!” Oh was she glad to see her, well, a familiar face that is.

 

Sooyoung looked up with a scowl as she still tried to rid of the spirit’s saliva from her hand. “That’s the name, don’t wear it out.” She muttered.

 

“Oww…Tae Tae, why did you push me?” Complained the person slowly getting up from the floor.

 

Taeyeon shifted her gaze to the other person. As she suspected, it was Sunny.

 

“Sunny! Omo! I’m so sorry!”

 

Taeyeon scrambled to her feet and quickly helped her up.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

Sunny nodded. After she dusted herself off, she was up in the air again floating alongside Sooyoung. The two angels hovered above her.

 

“Can you guys tell me what’s going on? Where am I?”

 

“Where do you think you are?”

 

Taeyeon looked around once more. She still has no clue where she was. She shrugged.

 

“You’re back in heaven Tae Tae.” Sunny answered.

 

“W-what!? Back in heaven? Why?!”

 

“Don’t you remember? You were just in a car accident.”

 

--OOO—

 

“You want to know why? I don’t understand anything because you never tell me anything! How am I supposed to know what’s going on with you if you never tell me anything, huh!?” Taeyeon glowered. She inhaled and exhaled deeply as tried to calm her nerves down.

 

Her eyes softened when she noticed the girl blanking out, just staring ahead.

 

“S-Sica?”

 

Jessica didn’t respond. She was still and frozen, her eyes glazed over for some unknown reason.

 

Taeyeon became worried.

 

“Jessica!” She shook her arm lightly.

 

Still no response.

 

Now she was panicking.

 

A bright light suddenly came out of nowhere, blinding her. When she looked forward, she could see another car coming at them. She tried to pry Jessica’s hands off the steering wheel, but her hands were stiff as ice. They wouldn’t budge.

 

“Sooyeon watch out!”

 

That’s when Jessica snapped out of her reverie.

 

But it was too late. She knew they won’t be able to escape the impending accident.

 

Not knowing what else to do, she unbuckled her seatbelt and jumped on Jessica’s lap, sandwiching Jessica’s body between her own body and the seat. She wrapped her arms around Jessica’s body and held on tightly. She shut her eyes tightly and prayed for the best.

 

--OOO—

 

“Car accident…”

 

Now she remembers.

 

“W-what happened to Jessica? I-is she alright? She has to be right?”

 

She looked up at the two angels before her expectantly, her eyes shifting from one angel to the other.

 

Sunny gave her a small smile. “She’s fine Taeyeon.”                

 

At that reassurance, she heaved out a sigh of relief. But then a thought came to her mind. If she’s here, does that mean she’s…

“What about me? Am I…dead?”

 

Sooyoung shook her head.

 

“No, you’re not dead. You’re already a spirit Taeyeon. You can’t become a spirit twice. Plus, that wasn’t even a real body that was involved in the car accident.”

 

Somehow, she was relieve to here that. “Okay. Then why am I here?”

 

“The Goddess wishes to speak with you, so she pulled you out of your body.”

 

Her brows furrowed. “If I’m out of my body, then who’s down there on Earth with mine?”

 

“A rookie angel. Don’t worry, she’ll take good care of your faux body.” Sooyoung smiled confidently.

 

Sunny was skeptical though. “Are you sure, Soo? I mean, Gayoon is pretty new. What if she messes up?” She pointed out.

 

“Oh please.” Sooyoung rolled her eyes. “There’s no way she could mess that one up. All she has to do is sit in that body and pretend to be asleep. You have to be really dumb to mess that one up.”

 

Sunny shrugged. “If you say so…but I still think we should have sent Jiyoon instead.”

 

Taeyeon shook her head. “Wait, guys. We’re getting out of topic here. So when do I get back to my body?”

 

“After the Goddess is done with you.” Sooyoung replied.

 

“When will I be able to speak to her?”

 

Sooyoung’s eye twitched. She was getting irritated by her incessant questionings. “As soon as she’s out of the meeting with the higher ups.”

 

“How long with that be?”

 

“Not anytime soon! Just wait okay!? And stop asking questions!” Sooyoung snapped.

 

Taeyeon quickly went mum.

 

“I really hope she won’t get scolded too much.” Sunny muttered worriedly.

 

Sooyoung turned to her. “Don’t worry, she’ll be fine.”

 

======

 

“Your excellence.” Hyoyeon greeted politely as she got down on one knee. Placing her right palm across her chest to her shoulder, she bowed to her Goddess. Not too long ago, her angels informed her of the Goddess’ order to meet with her in her chambers. When she arrived, she saw the DBSK brothers filtering one by one into the room as well.

 

Her gaze flickered towards Yunho’s direction where the two locked gazes for a quick second. She wasn’t surprised to see the brothers in there with her for she was already aware of the reason behind the sudden meeting. She just hopes the Goddess’ won’t unleash her wrath on them.

 

The Dong Bang Shin Ki brothers mimicked her actions and knelt beside her.

 

“Your excellence.” The five boys simultaneously greeted.

 

The six of them remained kneeling and waited for the Goddess’ order.

 

“Rise.” She commanded them.

 

All six Gods rose from the ground and stood straight as they waited patiently for the Goddess to speak her mind.

 

There was a moment of silence before she finally spoke. “I’ve heard, from one of my commanding angels that you two do not get along very well. Is what he says true?”

 

Yunho and Hyoyeon glanced at each other knowingly.

 

Yunho spoke first. “We get along fine, your excellence. We just…have some disagreements regarding our method of dealing with the humans.”

 

The Goddess crossed her leg over the other and stared intently at Yunho and Hyoyeon. She wasn’t convinced. That much the two could tell.

 

“I see.” She said and paused. “Then…would any of you care to explain to me why your disagreements almost cost a life of another human being?”

 

All six Gods froze. Though her blank expression revealed otherwise, they all knew she was displeased with the news. Coldness that could freeze the entire universe was laced in her voice. Not only that, her dark eyes glinted threateningly like a knife under the dim light of her chambers. She was mad. They know they’re screwed.

 

Hyoyeon gulped. felt dry at the intimidating presence of the Goddess. In the past, she used to be the one doing the intimidating, it was never the other way around. Having to stand before this intimidating presence scared her out of her wits. So this is how all my subjects feel when they’re at my presence.

 

Yunho felt the same sentiments but neither of them reflected their nervousness outside.

 

The Goddess took their silence as an acknowledgement to her earlier statement. She flicked her wrist and motioned for someone to step up. “Leeteuk, come hither and tell them again what you’ve just informed me not too long ago.”

 

An angel with golden wings appeared and stood by the foot of the Goddess’ throne. He knelt and bowed.

 

“Your excellence.” He greeted.

 

The Goddess bowed slightly in response.

 

Still kneeling down, he spoke. “Exactly 9:15 this evening, Jung Jessica-ssi and Kim Taeyeon-ssi were involved in a car accident at the main highway at Chuncheon, where Jessica-ssi, almost lost her life if not for Taeyeon-ssi’s courageous act of saving her.

 

“Jessica-ssi suffered minor injuries. Unlike Jessica-ssi’s luck, however, Taeyeon-ssi  was unfortunate enough to sustain major injuries. She is currently in a critical condition and is being treated in an ICU in Asan Medical Center in Seoul.”

 

After he finished with his report, the Goddess returned her gaze towards the six Gods. The Gods kept their gazes low and avoided eye contact with the Goddess.

 

“Now that you all know the situation…would any of you like to explain how this came to be?”

 

Hyoyeon and Yunho glanced at each other before settling their gazes back to their Goddess.

 

Hyoyeon took a deep breath and stepped forward. “I’ll begin…”

 

======

 

They just arrived in Asan Medical Center in Seoul after being transferred from a small clinic in Chuncheon. The clinic didn’t have the necessary equipment to operate on Taeyeon so they decided to transfer her to Seoul. Jessica was the one to suggest they bring her to her hospital since it was the closest. The paramedics agreed, and before long, they’ve already arrived in Asan Medical Center.

 

The nurses hastily wheeled Taeyeon’s stretcher into the hospital with Jessica glued to Taeyeon’s side. One of her one hand held Taeyeon’s tightly. She’s been holding on to that one hand ever since she awoke on a stretcher and found out Taeyeon has been seriously hurt.

 

Just then, Heechul came rushing out to assess the situation.

 

When Jessica saw him, she immediately ran to him and clung to his shirt.

 

“Heechul, you’ve got to let me save her.” It was more of a declaration than a statement asking for permission.

 

Heechul gave her an incredulous look as if she had two heads. “No. I won’t.” He tried to push her aside, but was pulled back by Jessica.

 

“Yah—”

 

“Please Heechul! You have to let me! I-I have to save her!” Tears were already trickling down her eyes. She was desperate. At any cost, she can’t lose Taeyeon.

 

Heechul stared at her intently. As much as he pities the girl, he knows where he must stand regarding the situation. “No. The protocol needs to be held. Now move!” Pushing her aside, Heechul hurried over to Taeyeon’s stretcher. The nurse began filling him up on what happened.

 

Jessica was almost fell when Heechul pushed her aside. She was shocked and hurt that Heechul would actually refuse her and disregard her pleas. How could he? They’re best friends!

 

She balled her hands into a tight fist and gritted her teeth. No, she’s not going to take no for an answer. She will get her way and save Taeyeon’s life, even if it meant breaking the protocol.

 

She marched to where Heechul stood speaking to the head nurse. She grabbed his arm violently and whirled him around to face her. She grabbed his shirt collar and pushed him.

 

“I don’t care about the godd*mn protocols Heechul!” She yelled at the top of her lungs.

 

The entire hallway went quiet at the sudden outburst. All eyes were now focused on the raging brunette.

 

“I need to save Taeyeon. She…” She glanced at Taeyeon’s unconscious form. Seeing her all bruised up and bleeding twisted her heart painfully. Her eyes flickered back to her senior. “S-she’s very important to me, Heechul. I-I need to save her. It has to be me. It has to.” Her eyes watered even more as she dug her fingers into Heechul’s shirt.

 

Heechul didn’t seem like he was affected. He remained composed and expressionless as she stared at Jessica’s tearing face and disheveled self.

 

“No.” He replied simply.

 

The blatant rejection threw her off her feet. Her face fell and the grip she had on Heechul’s collar loosened. Before she knew it, she found herself falling to her knees and crashing to the floor. She lowered her head and allowed her tears to fall from the confines of her eyes.

 

Just then, Tiffany, Krystal, and Yonghwa came rushing in. As soon as they saw Jessica on the floor, all three rushed to her side.

 

“Unnie…” Krystal touched her sister’s arm tenderly, but Jessica didn’t lift her head up.

 

Heechul looked down at Jessica’s slouched body and felt a tug at his heart. He felt sorry for her, but he can’t yield to her request. He just can’t. He made a promise to her, a promise to never yield to her request if one day she ever asks for the same thing in the future. He still clearly remembers the day he made that promise. It was as a clear as the starless dark sky. So he won’t. He won’t break his promise.

 

He let out a sigh as he realized that Jessica has long forgotten the pact that they have made a year ago in this same hospital, but at the rooftop. He knelt down on both knees in front of Jessica and gingerly lifted her chin up with his finger.

 

“Jessica. I can’t let you operate on her.” He said once again.

 

This caused another wave of tears to overflow from Jessica’s eyes. “W-why?” Her voice was strained and broken.

 

“Because I promised you I won’t. Remember the promise you made me make on the rooftop?”

 

Jessica’s expression mirrored confusion.

 

Heechul heaved out another sigh. She has definitely forgotten about the promise.

 

“You made promise to not let you make the same mistake you did a year ago with Donghae. Remember now?”

 

Jessica’s mouth dropped open at the realization. It was all coming back to her now. The promise she made her friend make at the rooftop.

 

======

 

“Heechul?”

 

Heechul turned his gaze to his friend sitting beside him. “Hm?”

 

“Can you promise me one thing?” Jessica asked, her gaze still focused on the dark night sky.

 

“Um, sure. What is it?”

 

Jessica’s became solemn. “P-promise me…that…that if I ever make another request like I did today…that you’d do everything…and I mean everything in your will to refuse me. Even if…even if I beg or break down, promise me you won’t let me make the same mistake I did last week. Promise me you won’t let me operate on any of the important people in my life ever again. Promise me.”

 

Heechul’s face grew grim. She still blames herself for Donghae’s death. Technically, it was his fault for allowing her to break protocol and operate on Donghae despite the fact that she was emotionally unstable. It was the most horrendous call he ever made and he feels guilty for it. He really thought Jessica was going to blame him, but surprisingly, she didn’t. Instead, she took all the blame and condemned herself for it. For that, he felt even more guilty.

 

“Heechul…you promise?” Jessica turned to him and waited for him to respond.

 

Heechul opened his mouth. “I-I promise. I promise with my life I won’t ever let you make the same mistake ever again. You can count of me.”

 

“Thanks.” Jessica smiled sincerely.

 

======

 

The tears in Jessica’s eyes have ceased.

 

“Do you remember now?”

 

Jessica closed and didn’t respond. Her silence was her answer.

 

“I care about you. I really do, but…but I can’t break my promise. I’m sorry Jessica, but I won’t let you make that same mistake again. It was a fault on my part for allowing you to do it in the first place, but now I’ve learned my lesson and I won’t allow for the past to repeat itself.”

 

Jessica’s lower lip quivered and her tears resumed itself. She lowered her head and sobbed.

 

Heechul gave her hand a gentle squeeze. “I promise I’ll save her. I’ll save her in your place.”

 

Jessica lifted her head up and gazed into her friend’s determined eyes. She gave a nod as an acknowledgement.

 

Seeing that, a smile made its way to his face.

 

“Heechul-ssi,” A voice uttered from behind.

 

He turned his attention to the nurse.

 

“We’re ready. S-she’s ready when you’re ready.” She informed him.

 

With that, he rose from the ground and motioned for everyone to take their place.

 

Jessica watched as everyone disappeared behind the swinging doors.

 

Save her, Heechul. Please save her.

 

======

 

Everyone became quiet after Hyoyeon and Yunho finished delivering their sides of the story.

 

According to Yunho, he planned of Jessica’s death. He planned for her death as a repercussion for causing an innocent life, Donghae’s life, to perish. He felt that it was only justified for Jessica to pay for her wrongdoings. Although he was responsible for her, he does not condone of her actions. Not only did she lead him to the impending accident, she also caused his death for making a bad judgment of taking on his operation even though she knew she shouldn’t.

 

Everything was going according to plan. Her depression was supposed to lead her to suicide…that is until Hyoyeon’s human appeared and decided to interfere. Everything went awry after her appearance and before he knew it, Jessica was on the road to recovery, happiness even. He was infuriated when he found out about the abrupt change in his plan. He couldn’t let injustice for Donghae’s death to just go to waste. He just can’t.

 

His anger was fueled even more by Jessica’s selfishness. Wanting Taeyeon for herself and only herself, her mind became clouded with enmity. Her selfishness has made her blind from her younger sister’s woes. She tossed her aside for her greedy want to have Taeyeon to herself and left her in shambles. Seeing how messed up Jessica has become, it angered him. He needed her to pay for her wrongdoings. Therefore, he set everything up; from Taemin’s attack to the recent car accident. Those were part of his plans.

 

Hyoyeon knew of his intent to kill Jessica, therefore, she interfered before he can accomplish his plan. In her defense, she explained that Taeyeon and Jessica were fated to cross paths. According to the heaven’s cupid, a red thread connected the two together. It was never Jessica and Donghae, it has always been Jessica and Taeyeon. That’s why she couldn’t allow for Jessica’s death. She was an important asset for her human’s recovery. Yunho eventually discovered her plan to interfere with his own and that’s when the rivalry ensued.

 

Since then, the two have done everything in their powers to accomplish what they want, even as far as disregarding and forgetting the main purpose of their jobs.

 

The Goddess seemed unaffected by their statements, but inside, they knew she was thinking, contemplating about the next course of action. All they could do now is wait. Wait for the Goddess’ decision.

 

After what seemed like forever, the Goddess rose from her seat and descended the steps of her throne. The Gods bowed as she approached them.

 

“Long ago, I made a very crucial…world changing decision. A decision that has never been made by the previous Gods before me. It was absurd, but I knew it needed to happen. At the time I thought…no… I believed that my decision would change the world for the better, but recently, I’ve noticed that it evoked the opposite effect from what I originally intended.

 

“Years ago, as you are all very well aware of, Earth was consumed by evil and hatred. Year after year, the humans waged wars with each other for greed and other selfish reasons. They killed their own flesh and blood, killed innocent people and spread animosity amongst their own people. It was a heartbreaking site to witness and I knew if it were to continue…if we do not interfere to stop the madness that the world has gotten itself into…the world would deteriorate to dust and ashes.

 

“I couldn’t possibly allow for such a thing to happen to our beloved Earth. That is why I made a new order. I declared that we, Gods, will do everything in our power to prevent the humans from following the wrong path and steer them to a better one. In my mind, the Gods made far better choices than the humans could ever make, hence why I appointed each one of you Gods a group of humans you would be responsible for until their deaths.

 

“It worked for the first few decades. The Gods did their best to accommodate for their human’s needs while at the same time preserving world order. However, things changed. Gods themselves became selfish, wanting this and wanting that for their own humans. Since we stood for justice, we also brought it upon ourselves to judge them for their wrong deeds even though it wasn’t our place to judge them. We have no right to judge them.”

 

Yunho gulped. He knew that statement was directed at him.

 

“Whenever we felt injustice, we interfered, whenever our humans became threatened, we interfered. Everything became a mess. None of you noticed it. But I have. I’ve noticed everything spiraling down. The only reason why I haven’t spoken up regarding this situation amongst the Gods was because I saw no reason to. You were still able to accomplish your goals with little to no cost at all, despite your rivalries. Nothing drastic ever happened…until now.”

Hyoyeon gulped, while Yunho fidgeted uncomfortably on his own side.

 

“You two have been very selfish this past decade. I’ve seen you two go head to head with each other just to have your way. You’ve become so clouded with your desires that you almost caused an innocent life to perish. No matter how justified you may think your decisions may be, causing someone else’s death is never justified.

 

“The both you—no—all of you Gods have forgotten your main purpose. Do you not recall what we do? What we stand for? Our jobs are not to kill humans, it is to treasure the sanctity of life and to fight within our will to protect and preserve each human life on Earth. That is our purpose. But you six…and the rest of the Gods…have forgotten that. For that, I am very disappointed with each and every one of you.”

 

Hyoyeon and Yunho’s mouths opened agape in shock. They glanced at each other for a moment before lowering their heads in shame. Because of their own selfishness, their own greed, they have almost forgotten their purpose. The one thing they’ve been fighting for, for years; which was to preserve human life.

 

The Goddess heaved out a sigh and shook her head in disgrace. “I cannot allow the both of you to continue on.”

 

Hyoyeon quickly snapped her head up. “W-what do you mean your highness?”

 

Yunho has lifted his head up as well.

 

“In the past, I made it possible for you Gods to seal the humans' fates as you see fit. But that won't be the case anymore. From today on, I declare that Gods will no longer interfere with the human affairs. We will no longer make decisions for them. As far as I’ve observed, the humans have made far better decisions than we, Gods, will ever make. Taeyeon, a mere spirit, is a testament to that. I command you two, and all of the Gods to cut all ties you have with your humans. From this point on, we will only interfere when the humans are in dire need of our assistance. Until that day arrives, we will keep to ourselves and allow the humans to do what they please.” She eyed the six Gods before her. “Is that clear?”

 

Yunho opened his mouth to protest, but was stopped by the raised palm of the Goddess. “Is that clear?” She reiterated.

Despite their objections in their hearts, they all agreed.

 

“Yes, your excellence.” They bowed.

 

“Hyoyeon.”

 

Hyoyeon cautiously lifted her head up to meet the Goddess’ eyes.

 

“Finish your plans with your human. After you’ve settled everything, cut all ties you have with her. Understood?”

 

“Y-yes, your excellence.”

 

“As for the rest of you five,” Her eyes shifted to the DBSK brothers. “You cut your ties with Jessica and all of your other humans now. Understood?”

 

“Yes, your excellence.” They simultaneously responded.

 

“Good. You may go.”

 

Bowing one last time, the six Gods vanished.

 

“Leeteuk.” The Goddess called out.

 

The golden winged angel reappeared. “Yes, madame.”

 

“Inform the rest of the Gods of my new order.”

 

“As you wish, Goddess Boa.”

 

With that, the angel disappeared.

 

======

 

Sooyoung and Sunny flew to their Goddess as soon as she entered the chamber.

 

“Your highness!” They both bowed.

 

“H-how did it go?” Sooyoung was the first one to ask.

 

Hyoyeon’s gaze flickered to Taeyeon’s form, who stiffened at the sudden attention. “I will discuss it with you two later, privately.”

 

Sooyoung and Sunny both nodded.

 

Hyoyeon made her way to her throne and sat upon it.

 

“Y-your, highness.” Taeyeon bowed politely.

 

“Taeyeon.”

 

Taeyeon lifted her head up.

 

“In a few days’ time, you will meet your third person. She…she is a very important person. Much, much more important than your previous people.”

 

Taeyeon furrowed her brows. Much more important than Jessica and Yoona?

 

“Just like Jessica, she carries a heavy burden, a regret, and you must help her move on. Help her realize the life she needs to lead. But…but be careful. She is very unstable at the moment. You need to be delicate with her or else you might make her harm herself.”

 

Taeyeon gulped. Why does she suddenly feel nervous?

 

“Just keep that in mind when you deal with her, alright?”

 

“I-I will.”

 

Hyoyeon cracked a smile. “Good. Sunny and Sooyoung will bring you back to your body in just a little bit.”

 

“W-wait!” Taeyeon slapped a hand over for yelling at the Goddess.

 

Hyoyeon quirked an eyebrow.

 

“I’m sorry.” Taeyeon apologized sheepishly.

 

Hyoyeon waved her off. “What is it spirit?”

 

“I-I was just wondering about my Second Chance…” She spoke carefully as to not upset the Goddess.

 

“What about it?”

 

“D-did I really blow it up? M-my Second Chance that is. Will I really no longer be able to live again on Earth?”

 

That one particular question has been lingering in her mind every since she woke up in this place. She wanted to know if perhaps the Goddess would give her another chance to live. She’s desperate. She doesn’t want to part with Jessica, especially now that she has grown attached to her. She wants to be with her, she wants to live a life with her, but that is only if the Goddess would somehow take pity on her and give her one more chance to redeem herself. That’s what she’s hoping for when she raised the question.

 

The Goddess’ face was blank. They held no emotions in them whatsoever, much to Taeyeon’s dismay.

 

“I’ve given you your Second Chance, Taeyeon. You know the repercussions of breaking the conditions.”

 

Taeyeon’s face fell. She felt disheartened. So that is it? No more chance? She couldn’t believe it. Despite herself, she started tearing up.

 

“Spirit.” The Goddess suddenly called out.

 

Taeyeon brushed away her tears and lifted her head up to meet the Goddess’ eyes.

 

“Y-yes, your highness?”

 

“I’ll give you one more chance.”

 

Taeyeon blinked.

 

“W-what?”

 

Hyoyeon rolled her eyes. She really hates repeating herself. “I said I’ll give you one more chance. Listen well, spirit. Prove to me your worthiness and maybe…just maybe I might change your fate.” She challenged.

 

Taeyeon’s brows furrowed in confusion. “H-how do I do that?”

 

The signature smirk of the Goddess returned to her face. “That is for you to figure out yourself, Taeyeon.”

 

“Eh?”

 

What is that supposed to mean?

 

Without waiting for a reply, she called for her two angels. “You two! Go take her to the portal.” She instructed the two angels.

 

“Yes, your highness!” Sooyoung and Sunny both grabbed an arm and dragged a squealing Taeyeon out of the Goddess’ chamber.

 

The Goddess’ eyes lingered at the spot where Taeyeon once stood.

 

Kim Taeyeon, don’t fail me now.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Well there you have it! If you guys have any questions regarding the scene with the Gods, feel free to ask me. I will try my best to answer your questions and clarify any confusions you may have. I want to let you guys know that I will be putting all of my focus on Second Chance for the rest of January and maybe the first half of February if need be, so I won't be updating Secret Lover in a while. At least not until I finish Second Chance. I apologize for the inconvenience. If you like the story, please click on the arrow next to the title if you haven't done so yet! Thank you! =]

*Also! If you haven't seen it yet, I made a TaengSic collection! I will try to update that too in the course of January. One Kiss, I believe, will only be a three-shots fic. Click here v

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/361228

Anyway, comments are very much appreciated! Thank you for reading and commenting! =]