Chapter 26

My Afterlife with Lee Joon

 

Chapter 26

 

It felt completely comfortable to be back at the MBLAQ dorm, even though it had been a long time since I had actually visited during the night. After placing down my clothing on the couch, I padded through the house looking for signs of the living. The three remaining boys were asleep already, and their manager was snoring loudly. Sighing, I went back to the couch and picked up my top, quickly changing and settling onto the furniture to sleep. I hoped I would get enough rest, and my issues with Changsun would seem easier to deal with in the morning.

As soon as I opened my eyes, I was in an unfamiliar house. It was tiny but quaint, and typically girly. Bright colours were everywhere along with numerous soft toys. As I made my way quietly around the small living space, I was soon joined by another occupant. Glancing at her arrival, my eyes widened at seeing the same foreign girl again. I was incredibly confused as to why I kept ending up around her, and surmised I must have been dreaming again.

She moved towards the kitchenette, reaching to turn on the jug on the bench and yawned lightly. The girl was similar to me in many ways; we both had naturally wavy hair, though hers was more of a rich chocolate colour. Her eyes were an equally bright brown, and even though they were evidently tired, they held a spark to them that lacked within my own. Her height was only just taller and her frame was a little more voluptuous. I found myself intrigued with the foreigner, and that seemed to outweigh the question of why I was seeing her again.

“Camille!” another voice called out and I turned to see her friend appear from a bedroom door. I couldn’t understand much of the rest of their conversation, given that my own knowledge of English was limited. However I smiled, thinking her name was completely fitting.

I sat down on a chair at the bench and listened to the girls, wondering what was so interesting to be discussing so early in the morning. Eventually after eating their breakfasts and downing some coffee, they both disappeared into their rooms and then returned, ready for their day.

“I don’t know if she’s here or not hyung. Let me check. Yoomi!”

The new voice in the room made me blink away from the girls and I looked around myself, noting I was back at the MBLAQ dorm. I couldn’t quite comprehend what the dreams meant, but Sanghyun distracted me from focusing on it any further, his eyes darting around the room.

“Look, how is it likely that I’m going to find her eh? She could be anywhere. Have you checked with Seungho hyung? He’s claiming he can see her now.” Sanghyun tapped his foot whilst still scanning the living room. I sat up and sighed. Reaching out for the remote control on the coffee table next to me, I threw it over to the opposite end of the couch. It was enough to catch the boy’s attention. “Ah, looks like she’s here after all. The remote control went flying through the air. I’ll ring you back.”

I watched quietly as the frazzled and half asleep boy walked towards Cheolyong’s door, reappearing and dragging an equally exhausted looking rapper into the room. I smirked, wondering how this was going to go.

“Yoomi is apparently here, and since I can’t talk to her myself, you talk to her,” Sanghyun instructed and the younger boy scratched his head.

“It’s not even six in the morning.”

Sanghyun groaned. “I’m well aware.”

“I’m sorry Changsun rung and woke you both,” I mentioned and watched as Cheolyong leapt with fright. He rubbed his eyes and then looked about the room.

“Why are you here Yoomi? Is something wrong?”

“I needed a break from Changsun’s controlling ways.”

“Well, I’m glad you came here,” Sanghyun announced after his friend repeated what I said. Both of us looked at the boy in surprise. He coughed weakly. “What? Would you want Yoomi wandering around out there?”

“You finally accept her existence hyung!”

“Hah, like I had much choice to, this whole group loves her.”

“And now you do too!”

He shook his head. “I’m warming to the idea.”

“That’s good enough for me!” I cried and Cheolyong shared a grin with me. The youngest then sat on the couch beside me and turned to face me.

“What’s wrong?”

“Changsun was being stubborn.”

“Hah, were you too?”

“Don’t worry; it’s healthy to have a break from living with just him. You don’t mind, do you?” I became anxious, hoping he wouldn’t send me away.

Cheolyong shook his head rapidly. “I don’t mind, and it seems like the hyungs don’t either. However, I think Changsun does.”

“He sounded like he was going to burst a blood vessel,” Sanghyun added to the conversation as he drank his water in the kitchen. “I’ve never heard him sound so concerned with another woman since Jihyun.”

I scrunched my face up at the name.

“I reckon he likes Yoomi,” Cheolyong stated with a smirk. Even though he couldn’t see me, I blushed deeply. “Do you agree Mi?”

“Uhhhhh.” I didn’t know how to respond. “I’m dead, remember?”

“That wouldn’t stop me. I remember what you look like! No wonder he’s upset.”

“Cheolyong, that’s so wrong on so many levels.”

“What is?” Byunghee’s appearance made me jump and I quickly diverted my eyes to the ceiling. It wasn’t the first time I’d seen him without a top, though I didn’t want to relive the bathroom incident again.

“Hyung, we’re not alone you might want to cover up.” I snapped my eyes to Sanghyun, his continuing comments overwhelming me.

It seemed to have the same affect on his friends. Byunghee approached the boy, reaching for his forehead. “Wah, you are feeling a little hot. Are you alright Hyunnie?”

“Har har. Be more concerned with Cheolyong believing Changsun has a crush on Yoomi.”

The eldest glanced at his maknae and then shrugged. “Makes sense.”

“Why is this plausible to you both?!”

I giggled, relieved that the boys weren’t completely repulsed by the idea.

 

It was almost two days before I saw Changsun again. I hadn’t left the dorm when the others had gone to work, and had busied myself with cleaning. I had come to realise that I had some seriously odd coping mechanisms, but at least others benefited from my hard work. Cheolyong had even commented on how good it was to have me back full time, though he and the other two spent most of their time telling me how Changsun seemed moody and to go and apologise quickly.

The truth was, I wasn’t even sure how to face him. I was still annoyed that Jihyun was being an issue, but I knew I had allowed that to escalate. I missed Changsun terribly, but I was being stubborn and the only time I had left the dorm was to go visit Seungho. Even he was soon telling me not to drag things out.

I had to wonder just how much everyone had picked up on Changsun’s affection towards me.

After making all the beds in the dorm, I decided to take a visit to Seungho at the hospital. He had been making more progress with his injury, and I was hopeful that the doctors had been able to get him walking better by now. Intrigued to find out whether Seungho had improved, I was impatient for the entire bus ride to the hospital, and all but ran down the hallways to his room. Composing myself outside the door, I knocked before entering the room.

He wasn’t alone. Seungho glanced at me smiling and then looked at Changsun who seemed to freeze in the chair beside the bed. I swallowed roughly and closed the door behind me.

“Hello Yoomi, it’s nice to see you.”

I nodded, my eyes briefly connecting with Seungho’s before falling back to his other visitor. Changsun got up and approached me quickly, his arms wrapping around me tightly. I was surprised by his bold move, though I found myself soon clinging to him. I took in his scent, not aware that I had missed such a smell before.

“So I was right then, something is going on between you both.” Seungho’s voice interrupted and I blushed, pulling away from Changsun to decipher the older boy’s reaction. He was smiling. “If I couldn’t see you Yoomi, I wouldn’t understand how.”

“Hyung, I don’t-”

“It’s not going to leave this room, until you want it to Changsun-ah. I’m guessing you both know what you’re doing together, and the risks.”

I smiled and Changsun nodded. He looked down at me and brushed my hair away from my face. “The risks have become worth it.”

“Aigoo!” I glanced at Seungho who was pretending to vomit. He then grinned. “I’m jealous. Who’d have thought that Changsun could find someone so unique and make the idea seem normal in my eyes?”

“It’s not just Seungho who sees this though,” I mentioned and Changsun’s eyebrows knitted together. “Cheolyong thinks he’d do the same if he could see me too. And Byunghee wasn’t very phased. I’m starting to become a popular choice! If only guys had been after me like this when I was alive!”

Changsun wasn’t as impressed, though he obediently told Seungho my statement. The eldest laughed, clutching his back in pain all the same.

“Looks like your worries about feeling something you shouldn’t were for nothing Changsun.”

I glanced up at my boyfriend to seem him blushing. “Do I want to know?”

“I uh, I think it’s time for Yoomi and I to let you rest hyung, we have a lot of time to catch up on.”

I smiled as he took my hand in his. I felt warm again and I didn’t know why it had taken me so long to realise just how much I needed to be around him always.

I couldn’t imagine anything being about to separate us now.

________

 

Author's Notes...
Hey everyone, I've had a really long, busy day so I'm just gonna post this and go to bed as it's another early start tomorrow! I hope everyone enjoyed how Changsun and Yoomi made up... and didn't gag too much like Seungho hehe. And finally Sanghyun is accepting our Yoomi, hooray! Hope you're all well!!