Chapter 11

My Afterlife with Lee Joon

 

Chapter 11.

 

During the next couple of days, Changsun didn’t get the chance to visit his new home, though he spoke about it to anyone who would listen. I liked how excited he was over it, though many people had started questioning the issues around it. I never told Changsun that he had started a rumour mill, knowing if he found out I was reading everyone’s expressions a little too much, I would be in big trouble. As it was he seemed quite put out by Cheolyong and I conversing.

However, when Monday arrived, I was shocked that Changsun hadn’t gotten up out of bed. The others were quickly disappearing one after the other, and Cheolyong didn’t even have the time to talk to me when I asked why, his mind shut off as he panicked after sleeping in. Once the house fell silent again, I frowned, and quietly made my way over to Changsun’s bedroom door. Sanghyun had left it open and I peered around the threshold, finding the sleeping boy a special sight to see. Slipping into the room as quietly as I could, I crouched down beside Changsun, admiring his face. His eyelids were twitching a little, but his breathing was deep and calm, making me feel incredibly relaxed. I couldn’t help but reach my hand out to trace his eyebrows lightly, my index finger travelling down his strong nose and hesitating above his lips.

I sighed.

“What are you doing?” a mumble fell from Changsun’s lips and I shrieked, toppling backwards and hitting my head on the open door. I let out another yelp, my hands going up to clutch my injured spot. I felt a pair of arms wrap around me and I was shifted across the floor, onto the side of Changsun’s bed. Opening my eyes, I noticed the boy was now sitting up and gazing down at me in concern. “Where does it hurt?”

“Uh.” I tried to think of what was meant to be hurting, but all I could hear through my mind was that I was in Changsun’s warm arms. I shook my head to clear it, and then remembered hitting the left side on the door. My hands fell to my lap as Changsun’s went to examine my affected area. I smiled weakly. “It doesn’t hurt now; I guess it was more of a shock than anything else.”

“Oh, well that’s good,” he said, giving me a smile. “Are you sure you’re okay? You look a little weird.”

I couldn’t very well tell him it was because of the close proximity of his singlet-clad upper body. It would only make his head swell.

I decided to change the topic. “How come you’re not going to work today?”

“I have an incredibly rare day off,” he announced happily and then sprawled back out in his bed. “I don’t plan on moving at all.”

“Really?” I was a little surprised by this. “What about going shopping?”

“Have you ever seen me do that? In case you don’t know Mi-Mi, I’ve never bought my own clothes since debut. Do I look like I’m about to start doing that now?”

I ignored his nickname for me and poked his arm instead. “I’m pretty sure people aren’t going to furnish that house of yours for you though.”

“Juri-noona already told me that she was going to buy me something for it. Besides there is the internet I could use to look for everything.”

“So cheap,” I muttered under my breath and then smiled at the boy. “Oppa, you said I could help decorate. Why don’t we go choose some stuff together today? Then maybe you’ll get to spend your first night in your new home soon. I know it’s something you want to do.”

“Why, did you read my mind?” he accused and I let out a gasp of air.

“Give me it back! Where is it?!” He knew exactly what I was referring to and clutched at his upper chest. I hadn’t even noticed the chain around his neck. It surprised me to see that he was still wearing it.

“No, it’s mine!”

“It was the bargaining for our agreement! You’re doubting me-”

“Well you did start using Cheolyong’s brain to talk to him.”

“That’s different!” I proclaimed, even though it really wasn’t. I didn’t want to admit that to him however. “Give it back now!”

Changsun grabbed my wrists just as I went to reach for his neck, spinning us both around so I was now underneath him. He was breathing heavily above me and I stopped moving altogether, my eyes wide with surprise. For a moment we merely stared at one another and then Changsun smiled at me, leaning down closer. I snapped my eyes shut and waited for the impact.

“You’re so easy to read Park Yoomi,” he murmured and I kept my eyes closed, feeling stupid for even thinking Changsun would actually kiss me. I wished for the floor to open up beneath me and swallow me into hell. It would be a much nicer place to be than right here. “I’m going to change now. Go get dressed if you want to go shopping.”

I cracked an eye to look up at Changsun. I didn’t expect him to still be that close and visibly flinched. He smirked. “Does, does this mean you want to go then?”

“Who would have thought that I would actually do the shopping for my own home after all,” he said to himself and got up, leaving me dazed on his bed. For a moment I just laid there, revelling in what just occurred. And then a smile crossed my lips, knowing that he was doing this because of me.

Even though it was wrong to, I couldn’t wait to help Changsun decorate his home like a couple would. It was the closest I would ever get to a real interaction with him that I could treasure.

 

With his headphones in and a scanner gun in his hand, Changsun glanced in my direction nervously. I hadn’t expected the task to seem so daunting to the taller boy, but I guessed it was the second time in years that he was spending a fair amount of money that he had saved. I smiled; the boys had always said in interviews that Changsun was a complete penny pincher.

“Let’s do this then!” I tried to seem encouraging, but Changsun only swallowed roughly. “Come on, this is going to be fun!”

“I don’t know about this anymore Yoomi, it would be easier to shop for furniture online.”

I walked off and was delighted to see him rush after me. I headed to the closest bed and sat down on it, bouncing lightly to test it. I then grinned. “But online you can’t try anything out. Sit down.”

“Aish.” He sat down all the same and stopped scowling. “It’s not bad, but I don’t like the bed frame.”

“Easy fix, what about this one over here?” I jumped up and went over to a bed with a thick wooden frame. It was modern in design but at the same time seemed to boast a natural feel. Thinking of the house, I knew that it would look good up on the second floor.

Changsun sat down on it and nodded once. “I like it.”

“You can’t buy something just by sitting on it. Lay down,” I instructed and Changsun looked at me as if I had sprouted an extra head. I yanked him back and he fell down beside me. I lay down and smiled at him. “Now imagine sleeping here, could you?”

He merely stared at me for a moment and I wondered why. Clearing his throat, Changsun sat up. “It’s embarrassing laying here in a store where I’m already being watched.”

“Forget them,” I suggested and sprawled out on the bed. “It’s so luxurious. And not bad in price either. I love this bed!”

“Then we’ll get it,” he announced, and I sat up quickly, my eyes filling with delight. “Now come on before I attract more attention.”

I got up and walked beside him, smiling happily before poking his lower arm playfully. “I don’t think you could gain any more attention even if you tried.”

“Thanks for reminding me.”

 

By the time we finished shopping it was a close to dinner time and Changsun was not only exhausted but seemed disheartened. I instantly felt bad, and knowing how much he had spent on the basics, made me feel worse for dragging him out. We had gotten some great deals and at the time I felt like he had been as excited as I was. Now I wasn’t so sure. Changsun went into the bathroom and soon after I heard the shower turn on, so I sat down on the couch and turned to the television. Pulling my legs up to my chest, I rested my chin on my knees and paid little attention to the news, whilst trying to deal with my feelings. I was worried I had been too forceful with Changsun and his spending, and aimed to apologise as soon as he ventured out of the bathroom. I knew I couldn’t turn back time and make sure I hadn’t of gone with him, but the least I could do was attempt to make him feel better.

As soon as the bathroom door opened I glanced in his direction, only to snap my eyes back to the television screen quickly. He was being irresponsible with my un-beating heart again. I tried my best to calm down, and to not take another look at his upper body, but it was a little hard to avoid when he came towards me whilst rubbing his hair dry with his towel.

“Yoomi-ah,” he called and I took a shaky breath before glancing at him. I attempted to keep my eyes above his neckline. “The furniture company just called as I was getting out of the shower. They said they can bring some of it over tonight. I agreed to meet them there.”

“Uh okay.”

He leant over the back of the couch, his damp hair brushing against my cheek at how close he got. “Pack an overnight bag.”

“What, why?!” I felt colour rush to my cheeks at the suggestion and Changsun chuckled, straightening back up and rubbing his hair dry. He then threw the towel at me.

“I’m going to stay there tonight. And you’re coming with me.”

“Do, do I uh, have to?” I stuttered, panicking for no reason. Or at least I was attempting to tell myself that he was being innocent. Somewhere inside his brain.

“I told you that I don’t trust leaving you here with the other boys. So yes, you have to.”

I got up slowly, and went into Changsun’s room to get some clothing together. He was humming to himself as he went through his wardrobe, choosing a black tee to go under a thick gray cardi. I stared back at my own belongings and picked up my pink duck pyjamas, stopping as a thought finally dawned on me.

Changsun and I would be completely alone with no one to disturb us. I snapped my eyes to the cheerful boy for a moment, horror filling my entire being.

What exactly would happen tonight?

 

__________

Author's Notes... 

I've been helping Mum with her catering for her 50th birthday so I'm just posting this now before heading off to do more and get changed etc. Hope everyone is well! I love the above chapter. We get to see a little more of Changsun's thought process and the typical naive main is trying to decipher exactly what he's up to. Though it seems in the end she might have some ideas? Wonder what will happen. You'll have to find out on Tuesday! Hah!

Replies...

@Rirakuma; Well it does seem that Changsun is determined to make Yoomi live with him, doesn't it? Sigh it is really sad... I wonder how this will all pan out? Thanks hun!

@Maggie; I apologise in advance if this is a lame reply to your epic comment. Be excited about both? And I look forward to your email hehe! Exactly why I wrote that bit of news in... when I heard he has his own place, I was like asa! perfect way to take this story down that particular path lol. It does seem very couple like, and Yoomi would love for that. Perhaps that's Changsun's plan. To give her that happiness? Or is there more to it? I'm not sure (I'm lying through my teeth, I so know lol)  I'm glad you'll huggle Yongie for me ^_^ And thanks, I'm overwhelmed with my marks... though it does mean I've not written in a LONG time. Planning to get some done soon! Yep, my birthday is the 18th June. Gonna be 26, so don't feel that old!! Aww thank you, I'm glad you've fallen in love!! 

@E_magine; Welcome to the fiction, I'm glad you left a comment even though you're not up to date, thank you!! Hope you're still enjoying it!!