Pretend

You Cured my Heart and Mind
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jae's POV

 

 

 

I woke up and she's nowhere in sight.

 

 

 

I wasn't surprised actually - with the way she acted around me last night I knew the possibility of her leaving without me is high. But I wondered what's the reason she felt that way...

 

 

 

i thanked the old lady and went to the train station. As expected an earlier train already left.

 

 

 

She didn't really wake me up. It made me more curious about her but right now all i wanted was to go home and change since i still have work later  and maybe see Sandara tonight.

 

 

 

---------------------------

 

Sandara's POV

 

 

i was expecting him to call me and the truth was If he didn't soon, i wanted to call him too - just to hear his voice but i can't think of any excuse to do so.

 

 

"I'll try later at work if he don't call." I told myself with a smile then proceed to prepare for my night shift at work.

 

 

 

It wasn't a busy shift, since it was late at night , my partner at the counter just took his15 minute break.

 

 

 

I had time to  read some books i found fascinating lately - books about amnesia. Since learning that some memories are missing from mine, it became a topic that intrigue me.

 

 

Byul said the memory I couldn't remember is not something I should regret not remembering , that I was better not knowing it.

 

 

 

 

But still , it was my memory and it made me anxious at times not knowing what i forgot and why Byul says what she says - it made me more curious.

 

 

 

 

 

I knew there are types - and what i have is selective type.

 

 

Some says i might recall what it is if I can find the trigger- but i'm also scared since it says on the books  that its usually caused by something traumatic and i wondered it must be severe.

 

 

 

 

"Sandara, can you help me here." My manager said from  the back - i look around and saw one couple near the window. No one was about to go in anytime soon.

 

 

 

 

"Can you help me place all of this at our storage area?" He was wearing a cast on his left arm, and with the other he was pointing in a set of boxes." Those are some of our documents that will be sorted soon. I wanted to do it but ..." He gestured at his arm.

 

 

 

"No problem." I answered with a smile. "Man the front first then call me if there's a customer, okay."  He nodded  so I proceed with his task. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It was on my last trip to the storage room that it happened. I felt dizzy and I spread my arms out to try to hold on to something - but what I was able to hold couldn't handle my weight so I continured to lose balance and I fell.

 

 

 

 

 

 

And then nothing.

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------

 

 

Dara's POV

 

 

 

 

 

I opened my eyes and was greeted with an unfamiliar surrounding . My hand automatically went up to the back of my head - i winced when I felt a small lump there. I was wearing Sandy's coffee shop uniform.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Great! Just great - i sarcastically thought. I have to do her work here and hope i'll be able to make anything drinkable.

 

 

 

 

I dusted myself as soon as I'm up. Considered my options. I should just go home and say I'm sick - i'll jeopardize Sandy's work here if I tried acting like her.

 

 

 

 

 

 

My head still hurts so its not that much of an act when I faced Sandy's manager and told him  i was suddenly not feeling well. I acted apologetic and he knew my history so he allowed me - but we have to wait for my partner to come back.

 

 

 

 

 

How much I prayed that no customer will come. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

When the front door opened ,  i gave a sigh of relief and smiled when it was a guy wearing the same uniform as me entered -

 

 

 

 

 

 

Which was immediately wiped off when right behind him walks in Jaejoong.

 

 

 

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter