1 Year Later

I Feel Something When You're Around

"Ok on the count of 3." I smiled to Doojoon, Hyunseung, and Junhyung who were all holding their envelopes with shaking hands.

"Lily why aren't you nervous, your school is the hardest to get into out of all of us." Junhyung whined.

"Are you kidding me?! If we don't open these in three seconds I will die of !"

"Ok, ok 1, 2, 3!" Doojoon counted off. We tore open our letters like mad men, and began reading them.

"Dear Lily,

Hello and greetings from NYU Undergraduate Admissions!

first and foremost- congratulations on your acceptance to NYU for the fall semester! We are thrilled to congratulate you on this achievement!" 

The rest of the letter was a blur. I couldn't believe I actually got accepted to NYU. Me!! I heard Hyunseung cheer, and Junhyung in a breath. He obviously got rejected. Secretly I wasn't too sure he would get in. He never cared about grades, and was the 4th to last in our year. They both applied to local colleges, but Doojoon and I stayed in silence as we both read our NYU letters. It was decided that we would both go study abroad at NYU together.

"Lily, what does yours say?!" Junhyung finally noticed my silence.

"Hyung, what about you?!" Hyunseung asked Doojoon.

"I...I got into NYU!!!" I screamed. I started jumping up and down, like a crazy person, and Hyunseung, and Junhyung were jumping with me. My dad came in and started dancing. He always wanted one of his children to go to NYU. It's where he met my mom a long time ago.

"Lily!!!" They all chanted. I suddenly realized Doojoon was still on the floor looking at his letter in disbelief.

"Guy!! Stop for a second!" I went over to Doojoon. "Yah, you didn't get in did you...?" He slowly shook his head. All the happiness I felt for those few minutes was out of me, and reality came crashing down. Doojoon didn't get in. We planned on moving to New York together as a happy couple, going to school together, and once we graduate we could come back home to our old friends. Now all I could think of was being alone in New York.

"I don't believe you."

"Read it." He handed me his letter

"Doojoon,

The admissions committee at New York University has carefully considered your application and supporting credentials, and it is with regret that I must inform you that we are unable to offer you admission to NYU this year. I am sorry about the disappointing news."

Jeez his was completely different. They didn't even bother writing Dear Doojoon! I new in that second that I couldn't go alone to NYU. There were plenty other local schools I could consider.

"I won't go then." I hugged him tightly not wanting to ever let go. I so desperately wanted to go to NYU, just not without Doojoon. "I'll stay here with you."

"No. You have to go."

"Mwoh?! I said I won't go so we can be together! Don't you want that?!" 

He held my face, and brushed my tears away with his thumbs. "You know I would love that, but at the same time I can't hold you back."

"You're not holding me back! I can go to Seoul University. That's just as good as NYU!"

"No, not everyone has the choice of studying abroad. You need the brains, and the money. You have both, so that's why I'm telling you to go."

I pulled his hand away from me. "I can't go without you.."

"You'll be fine, you're smart, and I know lots of people are going to love you."

"I don't care about who will love me! I love you and that's all that matters!"

"I love you too...that's why I can't let you ruin your future by staying here.." I could tell it was hard for him to say that.

"But what will happen to us?" My worst fear was that we would grow apart.

"If you need me I will be on the first flight over there, and I don't care what hour of the day it is I will always anticipate your call. Nothing is going to happen to us."

"Promise?"

"Yes I promise." He gave me a kiss on the forehead, and I knew that he wouldn't be doing this unless he really cared for me. I knew that even when we're apart our hearts would still be together.

----------------------------------

TT_TT The end has finally come, and I hate how I ended it! Aigoo, ok I don't hate it, but idk. I just wanted it to be a happy ending, but not too happy. Doojoon, and Lily ended up together at the end, but not 100%. Ok BAP is up next. Maybe in a few days or tomorrow. IDK I already have the plan for it I just need to get writing. (T_T the last time I'll be saying this T_T) In the words of Gikwang bye-yeom.