Caught In A Lie

I Feel Something When You're Around

 "Ouch that hurts!" Danny was checking on my broken ankle.

"Well if you'd hold still it won't hurt so much!"

"Mianhae."

"Who's bright idea was it to go play soccer on an icy soccer field?"

"....Mine." That wasn't exactly what happened. I told everyone I slipped on ice, but truthfully on the last day of school before break someone tripped me as I was going down the stairs.

"This cold weather isn't gonna be good for your ankle so you should stay in bed if you want it to heal."

"Ok." Danny fluffed the pillow underneath my foot before he left.

"Lily! Here's your soup. Make sure you take this medicine after you finish." My dad came rushing in with a tray of food.

"Dad~ I hate soup."

"Nonsense everyone needs soup, how else are you going to get better?"

"Arasso" He left the tray on my bed before leaving. Not long after there was a knock on my door.

"Dad! I don't want more soup!" Just then Junhyung poked his head in. Along with my five other friends.

"Yah! Soup is good for you!" He mocked.

"Oh, it's you guys." I smiled. All seven of us haven't been in my room all at once in a while. Everyone had to squeeze together like sardines.

"How's your ankle Lily?" Doojoon took a seat next to me.

"I'm not dying it's just broken."

"I can't believe you were running on an icy sidewalk."

"...yeah. That's what happened."

"Lily can I sign your cast?!" Yoseob smiled brightly.

"Sure, you can all sign it."

"At least you won't have to walk to school everyday in a cast." Hyunseung smiled.

"Yeah, but she's gonna be stuck in bed all winter break." Gikwang said.

"Ugh! This is going to be the longest winter break of my life!"

"Don't worry Lily we'll keep you company." Dongwoon smiled.

"Thanks Woonie I appreciate that OUCH!!" Yoseob wasn't signing my cast, he was jabbing my ankle with the marker.

"Oops. I'm sorry Lily I must've pressed down too hard." I felt light headed for a second as a shooting pain shot from my ankle to my head like an electric wire.

"Yoseob be more careful!" Junhyung smacked his head.

"Lily waegeurae?!" My dad came in my room.

"Ani~ I'm fine..." I drew in a deep breathe as sweat trickled down my forehead.

"Guys why don't you let Lily rest for a while, and come back later."

"Arasso." They pouted in unison.

"Abbeonim. Is it alright if I just stay with Lily?" Doojoon pleaded.

"Alright...but be careful."

"Thank you." He bowed.

"I'll see you guys later." I gave a weak smile.

"Do you need something?" Doojoon smiled when we were alone.

"Anniya, I'm just gonna eat this soup." I grabbed my spoon, and chopsticks and dug in. It was so uncomfortable eating while laying down. "Lily, you're not a pretty eater are you?"  He laughed as I spilled a noodle on my sheets.

"Have I ever been?"

"Here" He grabbed my utensils. "Ahh?"

"Doojoon-ah you don't have to feed me." I blushed. No ones ever fed me before.

"Just open wide." He insisted. I did as I was told, and opened wide to receive a bunch of steamy noodles. "Masisseo?"

I nodded my head. "Masisseo."

"Aigoo, you may not be a pretty eater, but you look cute when I feed you." He smiled. After a few more spoon full's I couldn't consume anymore broth. I wasn't that much of a soup eater to begin with.

"Komawo." I said to Doojoon as he returned from putting my tray in the kitchen.

"I have to take care of you, it's my job." He spread out on my bed next to me.

"If my dad see's you on the bed with me he'll flip."

"I've been on your bed before."

"Yeah but now he knows we go out."

"Then, I'll just get off if he says something. There problem solved."

"Wah! How disrespectful." I tapped his head.

"Whatever, so you never told me the whole story of how you fell." My stomach twisted at his sentence. I felt queasy every time I had to lie to him.

"Oh, I was walking home on Friday, and slipped on ice. It was right outside our complex."

"Friday? I was with you all day Friday wasn't I?" Oh crap!

"Yeah, but after I got home I went across the street to Dongwoon's."

"Jeongmal.....?"

"Ne."

"......I wish I was there, you wouldn't be in this state." Phew! I thought he wasn't gonna believe me for a second.

"Doojoon...."

"Mm?"

"You wouldn't leave me right?"

"Of course not Lily! What's wrong?"

"Nothing...I just want to know that if I ever told you something important about me....you wouldn't assume things right?"

"Lily I'm not quite sure I know what you're talking about." He sounded confused. "I just know that I love you, and I wouldn't let anything get in the way of us. We weren't friends for this long for no reason, we were meant to be together. I can feel it in my heart." Way to make me feel even worse!

"It's funny how we've been friends for this long, and it took us so long to finally be together."

"Everything happens for a reason." 

I rested my head on his shoulder, and ended up falling into a deep sleep.

''FANTASTIC BABY! DANCE. WOOWOO. I WANNA DAN DAN DAN DAN DANCE! FANTASTIC BABY!''

"Omo!" Doojoon, and I popped up. 

"Ugh! Lily your ringtone is too loud!" Doojoon whined rubbing his puffy eyes.

"What time is it?" I checked my now silent phone, and saw that it was 3pm. I was supposed to go clean two hours ago, since it was Monday, and I didn't have school. I called Junsu last Thursday wondering if I got a break from cleaning too. To this he replied.

"Do you think our club isn't popular during the break? We need you to clean more than ever."

"Who was calling you?" Doojoon yawned.

"It was the wrong number." I pulled the covers off, and carefully slid my foot off the bed.

"Lily where are you going?" I ignored him, and hopped over to my crutches. "Lily!" I almost fell as my good leg was about to give in.

"Don't worry I'm fine." In order for me to make it to MIROTIC without arising Doojoon's suspicions I had to act calm. "I have to pee." I crutched over to my bathroom. Struggling with balancing my weight on one foot I brushed my teeth, and my hair.

"Hell no." I looked down at my pajamas, and decided I wasn't going to kill myself trying to squeeze my cast into my jeans. I was just going to put my coat over my ninja turtles PJ's, and call it a day.

"Lily, are you going somewhere?" Doojoon stood up.

"Yeah, I can't stay here anymore. I need fresh air."

"I don't think that's a good idea, you're crutches can't be too stable on ice."

"Doojoon. I can't take it anymore! I'm going crazy!"

"Fine. Only for a little bit, and you have to walk at a turtles pace." 

"Andwae. I want to go alone." He looked as of I slapped him in the face. It hurt so much. I had to lie in order to keep my secret. "I'll call you later..."

"Lily...what's gotten into you?"

"Nothing, why do you ask?"

"Well every time I here that song come from your phone you always get this scared look in your eyes, and suddenly don't want to be around me."

"...That's not true." He made his way over to me, and held my face.

"Lily, if someone is hurting you...tell me. Tell me now!"

"Anniyo. I told you I'm fine, I just need some time to myself...I promise."

"Fine...if you're telling me the truth, then let me go with you." He wasn't letting this go.

"I can't-"

"Go then. I hope whoever you're going to see can take care of you. Call me when you get back." He gave me a kiss on the forehead, and stormed out. It wasn't the same. His kiss was bitter, and left me feeling empty.

"...Doojoon, I can't tell you because...because I have to protect you guys." I mumbled to myself after he left.

---------------------------

Yay another chapter completed. I haven't been thanking everyone for their support like I should be. So I thank all of you for subscribing, and commenting from the bottom of my heart. Kamsahamnida *90 degree bow* I love all of you guys! In the words of Gikwang Bye-yeom.