9

Counting Her Days

"Noona!" I turned my head away from the beautiful view of the city and came face to face with a burning house. I gasped and stared at my home, sowly crumbling to pieces right before me; Searching for my younger brother.

"Noona!" He yelled again.I frantically ran toward the burning house but soon realized that I myself was surrounded by fire.

"Jay! Wait for me! I'm coming for you!" I screamed, feeling my throat close up; my eyes were starting to tear up from the sting I felt from the smoke but I didn't care. My brother needed me and I'm not leaving him. I continued running towards the house, dodging the fire as much as I could. Some parts of my body was already burned but at that moment I felt numb.  I ran and ran but somehow I can never reach the house. 

It seemed so far away.

"Noonaaaaa!" The heart wrenching cry my brother yelled made my heart twist and my insides churn. I didn't respond, I merely ran faster. But as I did, my breath was starting to run out. As I finally reached the house, my knees buckled.

I fell.

I couldn't get up.

I tried but  It was useless.

"Noona help me! Noona! " He screamed, making me bite my lip and run faster.

'Wait for me Jay! I'm coming!' I wanted to yell.

But I couldn't.

The smoke made its way inside my nostrils and I suddenly couldn't breathe.

I tried to get up once again, ignoring the heat but just as I stood on my feet, I fell back down, feeling like all oxygen from my body has been drained.

 "Jay, I'm sorry..." I whispered and watched helplessly as my brother burned before me, crying for help.

But I didn't help him.

I couldn't help him.

Tears of sorrow and regret poured out from my eyes.

My heart clenched, bled; I felt like I was being stabbed repeatedly.

Again and again.

I cried there, on my knees, sitting helplessly not able to stand.

Not able to move.

I was paralyzed.

The smoke was too much. I was only a meter away from the front door but it seemed like a mile.

I couldn't save myself.

I didn't plan to.

"Jiyeon!" I heard someone yell. I turned my head and saw Hyunseung Oppa entering the house bringing a blanket. He wanted to save me.

I'm not worth saving.

I coughed out and fell into darkness with the imagaes of my brother haunting m., hoping never to wake up.

To just die.

But I didn't

Ib woke up.

"Jiyeon!" I looked up as Dongwoon entered the hospital room, carrying a bouquet of flowers in his left hand and a bunch of balloons in the other. I smiled, despite my nightmare.

"Yah! You woke her up!" Doojoon Oppa scolded, waking up from his sleep.

I chuckled.

"Oppa, you were the one sleeping not me." I stated, smirking at him.

" You woke up!? Why didn't you wake me up too!?" He scolded, playfully glaring at me.

"Oppa, I only woke up literally 30 seconds before you did." I replied, rolling my eyes at him.

"Yeah hyung, I didn't wake her up." Dongwoon said, grinning like an idiot as he made his way towards me and wrapped me in a hug.

"I'm glad to see you." He whispered making me smile at him, while Doojoon Oppa just stared at us.

"Yah! since when did you know each other!?" Doojoon oppa demanded, frowning at us. Dongwoon and I just glanced at each other and smiled.

"SHE WOKE UP YESTERDAY DIDN'T SHE!?" Doojoon Oppa yelled, pointing an accusing finger towards Dongwoon.

"Uh..." Was Dongwoon's smart reply.

The whole time, I watched the exchange with a small smile on my face. As Dongwoon continued making reason up, occasionally glancing at me to help him, which I just gave an innocent smile in return; I suddenly remembered my dreambrother.

I smiled.

I have more or less nine months to live maybe this could be a good thing.

I would finally be seeing my brother again!

"Jiyeon?" Doojoon Oppa suddenly called me out.

"Huh?" I asked.

"Are you okay?." Dongwoon Oppa asked, making Doojoon Oppa glare at him.

"You were talking!" I reasoned, giving them a face.

"We've been calling your name for five times!" They said together making me flinch.  

"Yeah I'm okay, just tired." I gave them a smile, deciding not to strees about living or dying.

 

-------------------------------------

 

"Oppa, can we please drop  by Seoul Doctors hospital?" Hara, asked giving Junhyung the puppy dog eyes.

Junhyung chuckled.

"Sure, but I'm running low on gas and there isn't a gasoline station in this area." Junhyung said.

"So?" Hara asked, not seeing the revelance.

"That would mean I'd have to go down with you. I can wait outside if your friend isn't comfortable." Junhyun offered.

"Oh, is that it? I'm fine with it and I'll ask Jiyeon if it's okay for you to see her." Hara replied, getting a mirror out of her purse and fixing her hair.

"JiYeon?" Junhyung asked glancing at his girlfriend.

"Yeah- wait isn't that your sister's name too?" Hara asked, scrunching her face.

Junhyung nodded.

"Gosh, no offence but people should start naming their kids originally! I mean how many people in Korea have the same name?" Hara cimplained, frowning, fixing her eyebrows.

"Yeah, I guess so." Junhyung replied, entering the hospital parking lot. 

The ride in the elevator was a one sided one. One sided being, only Hara was babbling while Junhyung was thinking. 

'It can't be her.' He thought, nodding absently at what Hara was babbling.

'But I haven't seen her at all these pass few days.' He reasoned going to the negative side.

'But she said she was staying at Yubin Noona's." He reasond to himself again.

'But that one night she was vomiting.' He remembered, his frown, growing deeper, as he followed Hara out of the elevator and stopping before one of the doors that had a huge number of 589 posted on it.

"We're here, Oppa, you wait here I'll go ask her if it's alright." Hara said, studying him.

He's been strangely silent.

"Okay." Junhyung replied, leaning on the wall beside the door, not noticing the patient tag on the side saying Cha Jiyeon. 

------------------------------------------

"Jiyeon!" Hara unnie suddenly burst throught the door, with a big smile on her face.

"Unnie!" I squealed then opened my arms so I could hug her.

"Why is it when you're in the hospital I'm always the last one to find out?" She asked.

I shrugged my shoulders.

"Oh, anyway, My boyfriend is outside, is it okay if he comes in?" Hara asks.

There's no prblem right? Even though I look literally like a living dead.

I mean I have 9 months left, might as well make more friends.

"Sure." 

Hara, greeted, Doojoon who was in an argument with Dongwoon and ran uickly towards the door.

"Oppa! come in!" She said, poking her head out the door.

"Arasso." I heard a familiar voice say. 

It can't be him, can it?

I turned to Doojoon and Dongwoon who were both arguing over who'd sleep over tonight; my hair falling, hiding my face from Hara unnie and her boyfriend who didn't enter yet.

"YAH! Doojoon oppa! Dongwoon, can you stop that? we have guests!" I swear this is the first time I've seen Doojoon oppa act like a kid. Yeah even though we just met, he's been nothing but serious all this time.

"Jiyeon!" Hara called my attention.

I swivelled my head towards her and froze.

"Junhyung Oppa?" 

"Jiyeon?" 

----------------------------------------------------------

 

CLIFFF HANGERRR!!!!!!!! I ALWAYS WANTED TO DO THIS! <--------- SUCCESS! :D ANYWAY.... HERE, HOPE YOU FELT SOMETHING IN THIS CHAPTER :D OH AND I DIDN'T PROOF READ BECAUSE EVERY TIME I READ, I CHANGE ALMOST EVERY LINE AND IF I DO THAT, K'LL NEVER BE ABLE TO UPDATE SO I'LL EDIT SOMEDAY :D

Lildevilxoxo : Thankyou :D hope you liked this chapter as well ^.^

chudo-Ned-  : YAY! emotions! :D

MomoLove : Caroline? you mean Jiyeon? and her life is pretty complicated isn't it?

beastlyteenrshinebig : HAHAHAHA. don't worry, you aren't alone. I'm not a fan of Junra too but grew to accept it... well since Junhyung isn't my bias so yesh... and about not reading it properly, I'm always like that, I have... selective reading? hahahahahahaha! ^.^

fatinnasrah : Seems like Junhyung is in for something big.... ^.^

 

I LOVE YOU!

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE! :D