28

Counting Her Days

The following day, the Cha family was inside the airport private lounge, waiting for their private plane to be ready.

"Oppa, what did you say to you fans?" Jiyeon asked Junhyung who was currently trying to adjust his camera. He took taking pictured of Jiyeon to heart.

"Oh, I just said that I'd be taking a break in the mean time." He explained, frowning at the problem of his camera which he couldn't seem to fix.

"Do they know you're marrying Hara unnie?" Jiyeon asked, glancing at Hara who was helping Misun prepare drinks for them.

"Of course they do, at first they didn't accept it but in the end they wanted me to be happy. and either way they really can't do anything about it because I love her." Junhyung explained. Jiyeon smiled sadly, wishing she too had that kind of love. 

"Jiyeon, why can't you just tell him?" Junhyung suddenly asks, finally giving up on his camera and decided he would buy a new once they land.

"Tell who what?" Jiyeon asked, trying to feign innocence.

"Fine be that way." Junhyung said pouting and crossing his arms ust as Hara and Misun arrived with the tea.

"Yah, stop pouting you don't look good." Hara said, making junhyung pout even more.

"Where's Appa and Hyuna?" Jiyeon asked, noticing for the first time that her twin sister and dad are not in the vicinity.

 

----------------------------------------------

"Hyuna where are you going?" Kang- Dae asked, wondering why Hyuna suddenly slipped out of the room.

"Oh, I have to do something before you leave." Hyuna explained, obviously in a hurry.

"What do you need to do?" Kang- Dae asked suspiciously.

"Something." Hyuna replied vaguely before running away and hurriedly called Doojoon.

But no one would pick up.

 

----------------------------------------------

"Doojoon! Hyuna is here for you!" Yubin screamed, getting ready to leave for the airport to bid Jiyeon goodbye.

Doojoon sighed, remembering he promised to take Hyuna out. 

"Coming!" He screamed back, picking up his wallet and his phone; putting them inside his back pockets.

"Hyuna, is your family in the airport yet?" Yubin asked, gesturing for Hyuna to take a sit on the couch.

"Yeah, actually, they've been there for three hours cause the plane would be boaring two hours from now, they were avoiding long lines." Hyuna said, smiling sadly, wishing she could go with them but she wanted to finish her school first.

"Okay, I'll go ahead now arasso? Are you telling Doojoon?" Yubin asked, knowing Hyuna. even though she's been a brat all these years, Yubin could always see through her.

"Telling me what?" Doojoon asked, decsending from the stairs.

"Yes I am and I don't care what they all say, this is for the good of everyone." Hyuna replied, carefully excluding Jiyeon's name, knowing Doojoon would just walk out on her.

"Hyuna would you please stop talking like I'm not in the room?" Doojoon stated, feeling kind of irritated.

"Arasso, I'll be going now! Goodluck! hwaiting!" Yubin cheered, giving both her son and Hyuna a smile before leaving the door.

"So, what do you have to tell me? Are you going to cancel? cause I really don't mind." Doojoon said, lazily, sitting down and plopping his feet on top of the coffee table.

"It's about Jiyeon." Hyuna said, feeling confident and determined.

"What about her? I don't want to talk about her." Doojoon said coldly, ready to walk out.

He stood up and was about to head back up to his room but Hyuna stopped him.

"WILL YOU PLEASE JUST LISTEN!?" Hyuna screamed, getting to her feet, glaring at Doojoon.

"Fine. I'll listen but just now Hyuna."

"Jiyeon and my family are leaving for the states." Hyuna started but before she could say anything else, Doojoon interrupted.

"So what's it to me? Are you leaving too?" Doojoon asked, feeling his heart rate speed up in a bad way, hearing that Jiyeon is going to leave.

"There's a reason why they're going to leave oppa. A very important reason." Hyuna said, feeling her confidence go down the drain. Now, she is a nervous wreck.

"Of course there's a reason, No one would just leave a country because they feel like it and for absolutely no reason at all." Doojoon replied smartly.

Hyuna took a deep breath, inhaled, exhaled, inhaled, exhaled and closed her eyes, hoping she was doing the right thing. when she opened her eyes, no one was before her. She heard a slam behind her and realised that Doojoon left her. Panicking, Hyuna ran after Doojoon out the corridor. 

"Oppa wait!" She yelled, trying to reach the elevator doors which were closing but Doojoon merely shrugged.

The doors closed.

Hyuna then took a detour and looked for the staircase. She was in the fourteenth floor, so  she ran down as fast as she could just so she could catch Doojoon. she could feel her phone vibrating through her pocket jeans but at that moment, she didn't care. She has to tell Doojoon and she's telling him the minute she sees him.

Finally, reaching the ground floor, Hyuna got a glimpse of Doojoon turning left through the glass walls of the building. She ran out and ran after Doojoon bumping everyone around her.

"Oppa!" She screamed, running faster towards Doojoon who placed his ear phones on.

"Oppa!" She screamed again but he still didn't respond.

Hyuna, spotting a group of teenagers ahead, called for their attention.

"Excuse me! please stop him!" Hyuna yelled, pointing towards doojoon who was leisurely walking towards the teenagers.

 

----------------------------------------

"Excuse me." A boy with light brown hair, tapped Doojoon on the shoulder. He looked up and raised his eye brows.

"Wae?" He answered coldly.

"Hyung, that girl has been chasing you." the boy replied, pointing towards Hyuna who was still running to their direction.

Doojoon, turned back and sighed upon seeing Hyuna.

"Kamsahanida!" Hyuna thanked, bowing towards the boy.

"No problem." the boy replied and left with his friends, knowing Hyuna and doojoon had serious talking to do.

"You've been running after me all this time?" Doojoon asked, seeing how Hyuna was panting and sweaty.

"Y-yes." Hyuna answered trying to catch her breath.

"What do you want Hyuna? your wasting my time." Doojoon said.

"She has cancer." Hyuna blurted out, bending down to rest on her knees.

"J-Jiyeon?" Doojoon asked, suddenly unaware of his surroundings. All he could hear was the word cancer, he felt his inside turn numb and dull. He was frozen and didn't know what to do.

"Yes. S-She has cancer." Hyuna repeated, a little louder, now standing up straight.

"Oppa, that's why she rejected you. She has cancer. She didn't want you to know." Hyuna said, remembering her first heart to heart talk with her twin.

"I- I where is she now?" Doojoon asked, his voice shaking feeling like his insides are breaking.

"In the aiport, waiting for the flight to board.Oppa, there's 1 hour left, we have to go now!" Hyuna said.

"I- We have to go." Doojoon said hailing a cab.

-----------------------------------------

 

Doojoon and Hyuna ran through the airport as fast as they could hoping they could reach the family just in time.

"Where are they?" Doojoon asked feeling lost since all he was doing was following Hyuna.

"In the private waiting room." Hyuna said, turning a corner.

"Don't we need a ticket?" Doojoon asked, ready to speed to the ticketing office and buy one just so he could go through the guards.

"No, I'm not coming with them that's why they're staying in the area where we don't need tickets." Hyuna explained turning another corner as Doojoon avoided bumping into a tourist.

Minutes passed Hyuna finally stopped infront of a door with a smile on her face.

"We made it." Hyuna whispered more to herself than Doojoon. She slowly turned the knob with shaking hands and as she opened the door...

"It's empty. Hyuna why is it empty?" Doojoon asked, looking around the room.

"I don't know." Hyuna replied following Doojoon's lead. Their hand carry bags were still in the room but nothing there wasn't anyone inside. Suddenly Hyuna remebered her vibrating phone.

She took her phone out and wondered why there were 20 missed calls and a bunch of text mesages. She pressed one message open, and let out a small cry of sorrow it read:

 

To: Hyuna

Fr: Junhyung Oppa:))

Jiyeon had an attack we're in the hospital.

she's in a critical condition.

Where are you!? COME NOW! 

 

"What is it?" Doojoon asked, taking a step towards Hyuna.

"They brought her to the hospital, we have to go." She said, taking hold of Doojoon's hand and ran towards the exit to hail a cab and hope that when they arrive Jiyeon will be okay.

 

 

HEYY!!! SO THERE'S LIKE TWO OR ONE MORE CHAPTER LEFT! AND YES IT'S A CLIFF HANGER.... WHAT DO YOU THINK WILL HAPPEN NEXT? I HOPE WHAT EVER IT IS WOULD COME AS A SURPRISE TO YOU!!! :D

I LOVE YOU!

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!