13

Counting Her Days

"Jiyeon?" I heard Hyunseung Oppa call. 

My heart rate suddenly picked up, how does he manage to do that everytime we talk?

"Is she going to be okay hyung?" That was probably Yoseob.

"I don't know! How should I know!? She's not answering me!" Hyunseung Oppa screamed, making my head throb; I groaned.

"Jiyeon? Gwenchana? Jiyeon-ah?" 

I slowly opened my eyes but I couldn't see anything, It was too bright.

"Jiyeon? You're awakeee!!!!!!" I then felt someone shake me, making my head throb a hundred times worse.

"S-stop." I said through gritted teeth; squinting my eyes.

"YAH! You're hurting her!" 

"Mianhe."

The shaking stopped but the head ache didn't; I sat up hoping to make it stop but it was in vain. I closed my eyes, trying concentrating on my breathing.

"Jiyeon? Are you okay? What do you feel?" Hyunseung Oppa asked, studying my face and putting a strand of hair behind my ear. If I wasn't too consumed in p[ain right now, I swear I would have blushed.

I managed to nod my head."

"Yoseob, you go back to sleep, I'll take care of her." Hyunseung Oppa said, not taking his eyes off me; I looked down.

"Why would I trust her with you?" Yoseob asked, raising an eyebrow.

"You might her hyung." He continued, sounding serious, making me want to laugh.

"PABO! She's my bestfriend! Just go Seobbie please." Yoseob, eyed him suspiciously, shruged his shoulders then left the room. And the second he left the room, we were left with silence. Nothing but silence.

"Yah, look at me." Hyunseung Oppa brought my chin up to his level as we locked gazes.

"You're looking really pale Yonnie." He stated, using his nickname for me and let me tell you, it feels so good to hear it again.

"Must be the lighting of the room, It's pretty dim oppa." I reasoned, looking up the ceiling for effect.

"Yonnie, I'm your best friend. I know when you're not feeling well." He said, looking at me intensely making my insides tingle- something I have never felt before.

"Then why did you ask?" I replied, looking at him but instead of answering my question, he ignored it.

"I saw the bruises." He stated. The atmosphere suddenly turned tense/

"What bruises?" I asked, hoping he wouldn't make a big deal out of them.

"Jiyeon, just please tell me, who did those to you? Why are you covered in bruises?" 

"How did you see them?" I asked, trying to stir the conversation.

"When you fainted, the sleeves of your cardigan fell- Jiyeon don't even try to change the ing topic!" He screamed, suddenly standing up. I flinched. 

I opened my mouth but closed it, feeling dizzy. 

"Like you said, I fell. You know how clumsy I am." I said, making it sound like a joke.

"Jiyeon, between you and Hyuna I know you're aren't the clumsy one." He said, giving me a hard stare.

"Oppa, you've been gone for years and in those years, I became clumsy." I reasoned once again.

" it! Jiyeon! That's the problem! I've been gone for only what four- five years? I barely know you anymore!" He screamed, sounding frustrated. 

"Oppa, if you haven't noticed, we've only seen each other for two times since you came back and barely spent time together." I said calmly trying to ignore the pain.

"And whose fault is that?" He asks sarcastically, glaring at me.

So what he's blaming me now? A wave of anger suddenly washed over me. I stood up; approaching him so we were standing face to face.

"How is it my fault!?" I screamed, venom seeping through my voice. Adrenaline pumped through my veins as I glared at him ready to defend myself; careful not to let my condition slip out.

"Because you are always TING YOURSELF AROUND! You just gave your ity away like it was a candy you can buy everywhere! but guess what! It isn't!" I took a step back with wide eyes. ? ting myself around? 

"What are you talking about?" I asked, frustrated, angry, irritated -confused. 

"Hyuna came crying to me, telling me to help her change you." 

What?

"What?" I voiced out my thoughts, truly confused now.

"She told me you haven't been sleeping in your house for 2 weeks. She said she saw you and her boyfriend going inside the hospital for abortion." 

"What are you talking about!? I don't have a boyfriend!" I screamed, angry tears falling from my eyes. He was accusing me of things I was against. 

He was accusing me of killing an innocent life.

He was accusing me of being Hyuna.

"I didn't even know she had a boyfriend! and Oppa, think! do you really believe I can kill a life!?" I screamed, feeling hurt. It feels like a thousand knives is being stabbed on my chest. Every knofe twisting in it's own direction. Literally the life out of me. 

"I don't know... I don't know Jiyeon!" He yelled, running his hands through his hair. How did a simple conversation turn into this?

"Exactly! YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING!" I screamed at the top of my lungs, falling on the floor panting. My tears weren't stopping. They wouldn't stop.

Suddenly, I felt tired.

Tired of everything. 

Tired of arguing.

Tired of hiding.

Tired of trying to prove myself innocent.

Tired of screaming though I know no one is listening.

"Jiyeon-"

"I have cancer." I stated before he can say anything more.

"I have cancer and I can't get treatment because it might complicate my other condition." I stated, staring blakly at the floor as fresh tears blurred my vision. At that point, reality came crashing down. I'm going to die. I felt like a heavy weight was placed on my shoulders. I felt like I was drowning but no matter what I do, I couldn't swim towards the surface because I'm in the bottom of the ocean. 

"What?" Hyunseung said, coming near me but I ignored him and continued talking.

"My days are counted and I can't do anything about it. Everyday I wake up hoping I'm still in the world. Hoping I'm still given another day to correct my mistakes. To make my parents love me again."

I laughed  humorlessly.

"To think people my age are supposed to worry about boyfriends, dates, graduating and gettng invited to the party of the year."

"Jiyeon-"

"But here I am, worrying whether I'll have a seizure a minute from now. Worrying whether I would be able to think straight tomorrow whether I'll have a cognitive decline. Whether I'll die alone or in the middle of the streets." 

"Jiyeon-" Hyunseung started, but I cut him off. Everything I said was just pouring out of my mouth. I couldn't control myself. 

"Do you know how hard it is to try to stay strong? And how easy it is to just end it all with a blade? Two weeks ago, I was at the hospital because I had an attack. I don't know what Hyuna was talking about but I can never abort my own kid." 

"Jiyeon?" I looked up and saw three pairs of eyes on me. I looked away; hunched over my knees and cried some more.

"Dongsaeng, why didn't you tell me?" Junhyung Oppa said, wrapping his arms around me.

"Jiyeon, you're going to be okay. We'll find treatment." Yoseob said, rubbing my back comfortingly.

"Mianhe, Yonnie." Hyunseung Oppa said, making Junhyung Oppa and Yoseob move so he could hug me. 

"You'll be okay Yonnie. We'l help you get through this arasso?" I nodded my head, leaned towards him and felt the darkness consume me.

 

 

HEEEYYY!!!!!! SORRY LATE UPDATE! AND UHHH YEAH YOU KNOW WHAT? i'LL STOP PROMISING WHEN THE CHARACTERS WILL COME OUT CAUSE THE SCENE SEEMS SHORTER IN MY HEAD..... BUT WHEN I WRITE IT... BAM! FOUR TO SIX PAGES IN MICROSOFT... SO YEAH... HOPE THIS CHAPTER ATLEAST MADE YOU WANT TO PUNCH ME FOR MAKING HER LIFE MISERABLE. >:l

Oh! one more thing! Their ages here don't matter cause I kind of didn't think it through except :

Yubin: 50

 Hyunseung, Junhyung, Hara and Doojoon: 21

Yoseob, Hyuna, Jiyeon, Dongwoon: 20

So technically, by school I mean college :D

I LOVE YOU!

Please don't forget to comment and subscribe!