15

Counting Her Days

"Hyuna." I said, blinking at her trying to not let fear over take me.

"Yeah, it's me." She said, looking at me like I was trash.

"What do you want?" I asked, heaving a sigh.

"You ! Just because you now have the attention of 5 hot guys you think they like you!?" She screamed raising her hand to slap me.

I flinched when I fell on the cold hard ground, immediately checking if I was bleeding anywhere. 

"You realy think you're going to fit in? huh?" She asked, kicking my leg. I stood up and glared at her.

"What are you trying to say hyuna?" I asked, glaring at her when I felt my leg throb.

"That Doojooon was my boyfriend and you stole him from me!" She screamed.

"He barely notices me now!" She continued, taking a step towards me.

"I didn't steal him from you." I said in a calm voice which seemed to ignite her anger to another level.

"You ! I actually liked him! I strted to fall for him then one day he broke up with me saying he doean't want me and I find both of you enter a hospital and you were clutching your stomach! You !" She screamed pushing me to the ground. 

I immediately stood up and glared at her.

"Hyuna, I never stole him from you. You don't know anthing that's going on in my life and you have no right to accuse me of anything." I said in a dangerous voice, making sure she understood.

"Liar!" She screamed, slapping me hard, making me stagger and fall to the ground. 

'What's happening here?'

'OOOH, cat fight.'

'Woah Hyuna looks mad.'

'See? That's what happens to s.' 

I looked up and saw that there were already people gathered around us- I never noticed before but let me tell you they were a lot. I tried to stand but Hyuna kicked me preventing me to do so.

I coughed and felt started to taste blood on my lips.

NO No No No No this can't be happening now.

"What you can't stand now?" She screamed, kicking me again.

"Please stop." I pleaded, hearing laughs from some people.

"NO." She stated, kicking me again.

Tears were falling from my eyes, this is possibly my last day.

My head started to hurt, My stomach was churning, My vision was blurring and my breathing was slowing down.

I was bleeding.

'Please make sure you don't bleed.' The doctor's words resonated in my head reminding me that a minute from now I can be named as the first student who died in school

"I WILL NOT STOP!" Hyuna screamed. Her heels were about to hit me on the face until someone stopped her.

A foot blocked Hyuna's heel and pushed her down, making her fall back on the lockers.

"Touch her again and I swear you'll regret you're even alive." 

"Jiyeon?" Dongwoon asked, cradling my face softly in his hands.

"Help me. Please." Instead of helping me up Dongwoon, let go of me and charged over to Hyuna glaring at her.

"I never hit girls but in this case, I wouldn't be hitting a girl. I'd be hitting a monster." He said, slaaping her so hard that it mmade her fall on the ground while people around us gasped.

"What's happening here!?" The principal appeared, taking in the situation. When his eyes landed on me though, he immediately went down on his knees with wide eyes.

"What happened to you!?" He panicked.

"I'm bringing her to the hospital and It would be great if you suspened Hyuna for beating her up." Dongwoon said, sliding his hand behind my knees and back and carried me.

"Dongwoon?" I asked, as my vision became black.

"Jiyeon hold on." He said, his voice cracking in the end.

"I will." I said, trying not to be consumed in the darkness.

"Dongwoon? Jiyeon?" I turned my head and saw a worried Gkwang Oppa.

"What happened?" He asked.

"No time to explain, can you drive us to the hospital?" He asked.

"Why not the clinic."

"Just friggin drive us there!" Dongwoon demanded.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Jiyeon." The doctor said, entering the room.

"Yes?" 

He sighed.

"Doc, just please say it straight out. I already know I'm dying I think any changes would make it any different." I said flatly as I heard Gikwang Oppa gasp.

"Your cancer has reached stage two." I slumped my shoulders and smiled at him.

"Jiyeon, we need you to stay in the hospital." He said.

"I can't I have school-" 

"Jiyeon, I know you want to live as normally as you could but I can't let you do that. You are already so weak as it is and I'm not letting you out of this hospital. A group of doctors are trying to see if we can make you under go chemo therapy." He said as I felt Dongwoon's hand slip in mine.

Funny how he's always there when depressing news arrives.

"So you're saying I'm going to be in the hospital for possibly the rest of my life?" I asked.

"No, You can go out but we have to monitor your condition and I can't do that if ou come to the hospital every other day bloody and more bruised. understood?" He said giving me a stern stare.

"Yes." I answered. 

 

The next few days, I stayed in the hospitals and was visited frequently by Dongwoon, Gikwang Oppa, Yosoeb,Hara unnie, Yubin unnie, Hyunseung Oppa and Junhyung Oppa and I am happy to say that over those days they all grew closer. 

"When are you going to tell him?" Gikwang asked, sitting on the bed.

"Never." I said, continueing with my salad. Yes, I am under a vegetable only diet.

"You know he's been looking for you right?" Dongwoon said, staring at me.

"Who?" I ask, truly forgetting who we were talking about.

"Jiyeon!" THey both raised their voices making me flinch.

"Mianhe." I apologized and flicked the TV on forgetting what happened minnutes ago and beamed as I saw that looney toons was playing. 

"Jiyeon." Gigwang Oppa said, sighing.

"Hm?" I asked, my eyes fixated on the TV.

"Jiyeon-ssi? We're here to take anothe blood test." The nurse said, entering the room and turned the TV off.

"I DON'T WANNANAAA!" I screamed,feeling tears brim.

"But we have to Jiyeon-ssi."

"But I don't wanna!" I flailed my arms around and refused until Gikwang Oppa and Dongwoon had to hold me down The nurse injected me with something that made me feel woozy and then everything was black.

 

AUTHOR'S POV

"What happened to her?" Dongwoon asked as he properly placed Jiyeon on the bed.

"Her cancer is starting to complicate." The nurse said, getting some blood from Jiyeon.

"What do you mean?" Gikwang asked.

"One of the effects of her tumor is cognitive decline which means her mind set may go back to being a kid." 

"You mean she's going to go crazy?" Dongwoon asked, with wide eyes.

"No, not really just maybe more kid-like but with her other sickness we never know. It's been happening frequently though when you aren't herre. She acts like a kid then all of a sudden she goes back to being herself now." The nurse said, looking at Jiyeon sadly.

"Is she ever going to get well?" Dongwoon asked, feeling sad for his friend.

"We're trying our best and so far her body's showing positive feedback from all the medicine we gave her." 

"That's good guess." Gikwang said.

"Boys, sorry but visiting time is over and I was informed it would be her brother sleeping her tonight?" The nurse said, shooing the boys out. 

"Arasso." 

Jiyeon felt two feather- like kisses placed on her forehead. When she heard the door to her room close, she opened her eyes and looked down. She turned her head and opened the drawer beside her; found a pen and paper.

 

DEAR EVERYONE, 

SO YOU KNOW TOMORROW OR MAYBE EVEN RIGHT NOW I'M NOT ACTING LIKE MYSELF.

I DON'T KNOW IF IT WOULD BE PERMANENT OR NOT. ( I HOPE NOT) 

HAH! I DON'T EVEN KNOW IF I'M STILL ALIVE...

I JUST WANT ALL OF YOU TO KNOW THAT I REALLY DO LOVE YOU. 

I KNOW I'M GOING TO GET FRUSTRATING TO HANDLE BUT I KNOW YOU'RE GOING

TO STICK WITH ME UNTIL THE END RIGHT? YOU'LL BE THERE FOR ME WHEN I TAKE MY LAST BREATH RIGHT?

TOMORROW I MAY WAKE UP AND NOT KNOW ANY OF YOU... 

TOMORROW I MAY NEVER WAKE UP... 

BUT I NEVER GOT THE CHANCE TO THANK OU AL PERSUNALY.

I NEVR GOT TO SAY I LOVE OYU.

EYE LOV U !!!!!!

-JIYOOO

 

Jiyeon stared at the paper and pen she was holding forgetting why she had it. She shrugged her shoulders and drew some heart and butterflies on it. She drew a family with three children and when she got bored; threw it on the ground as she sank on her pillow wanting to sleep like a child would on a sunday afternoon.

 

HEYEYYYYY!!!!!! THE STORY IS NOT OVER! YOU GUYS MIGHT ASSUME.... :D OH AND JUST SO YOU KNOW, THE END PART OF THE LETTER SHE WAS STARTING TO LOOSE HER SELF AGAIN :D

I LOVE YOU!

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!