16

Counting Her Days

Author's POV

The next morning, Junhyung hurriedly entered Jiyeon's hospital room feeling guilty for not being able to make it the night before due to an emergency shoot. 

As he opened the door, he noticed that the horizontal rays of the sun were hitting his sister's sleeping face directly. He frowned and immediately went to close the curtians, knowing Jiyeon wasn't supposed to be exposed to the heat. 

He then turned to face his sister who was mumbling something incoherent.

"Mianhe dongseng, I'm late once again." Junhyun muttered taking a step towards Jiyeon. 

Junhyung felt something beneath his feet and looked down only to see a pen and a very crumpled piece of paper but before he could read it, Jiyeon stirred and opened her eyes he hurriedly placed the paper inside his pocket and took a step towards Jiyeon.

"Jiyeon-ah, I'm glad you're awake!" Junhyung greeted excitedly.

"Oppa?" She asked, squinting her eyes.

"Yeah? Are you hungry?" He asked, looking around the room, stopping food on the table acroos from her bed.

"Anio..." Jiyeon trailed off, sitting up on her bed.

"Waeyo? Jiyeon what's wrong? Does any part of your body hurt?" Junhyung asked, getting ready to call the nurses.

"Oppa, Where's Omma and Appa?" She asked, looking around feeling like crying.

"Why are you looking for them?" Junhyung asked coldly.

"I miss them! I wanna see Jay too! and Hyuna!!! Oppaaaa~~ Why aren't they here?" Jiyeon asked, in the verge of tears.

Junhyung stared at his sister for what seemed like hours, trying to figure out why she was looking for these people.

"Oppa! I want them here!!!!" Jiyeon whined, tears finally leaking from her eyes.

"Jiyeon, what are you talking about? Jay is dead, Mom and dad don't care about us and Hyuna is a ." Junhyung said bluntly.

"You're a liar Oppa! I want them!!! I hate you! Liar!!!! Omma!!! Appppaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!" Jiyeon screamed, alerting the nurses outside their stations.

"What's happening to her what is she tlaking about?" Junhyung nasked with panick evident in his voice as a nurse pushed him back to calm his sister down.

"It's an effect to her sickness." A nurse replied, hurriedly changing Jiyeon's IV.

Junhyung stared at the scene before him with unshed tears and glassy eyes. Three nurses were hunched over his sister, injecting her with things as Jiyeon struggles and was screaming for their parents and siblings.

"Oppa! Help me! bad people are getting me!" Jiyeon cried out, kicking her feet almost hitting one nurse in the face.

"Jiyeon-ah, they aren't bad people, They're helping you." Junhyung explained fear seeping through his veins. 

Fear for his sister. 

Jiyeon looked paper pale and bruises were visible every part of her body, seeming like God glittered her with them.

Minutes passed and Jiyeon was forced into sleep.

"Is she okay?" Junhyung asked a nurse.

"Yes, we've just placed her into something like an induced coma so she would calm down. Sir, if anything like that happens again it would be advisable to just go with what she's talking about." 

"What do you mean?"

"She may go back to being a kid and forget everything and everyone she just met during her teen days." The nurse explained."

"Ah, araaso thank you." Junhyung dismissed the nurse.

"I'll protect you Jiyeon I swear." He whispered and sat on the sofa; closed his eyes and slept for the first time since his shoot.

 

---------------------------------------------------------

 

"YAH! Where are you two going?" Doojoon asked Dongwoon and Gikwang who were sneaking out his house.

"Uh... We were going to go meet up with Hyunseung." Gigkwang explained, rubbing the back of his neck.

"If you were going to meet up with his you shouldn't have came to my house in the first place!" Doojoon screamed, irritably seeing how two of his friends arrived just minutes ago and was now leaving... With out even saying hello or bye to him.

"And why are you bringing my mother's cooking?" He asked, eyeing the covered bowl Gikwang was holding.

"Uh, it's for Jiy-oung! Jiyoung hyung!" Dongwoon said when Gikwang slapped his back.

"Since when did you know Jiyoung?" Dojoon asked, raising his eyebrow.

"Since, Seungri hyung introduced us, Hyung we really have to go! The soup might get cold!" Dongwoon reasoned.

"Ani, Why would you go to Ji yong hyung when he's out of the country?" Doojoon asked, taking an ominous step towards them.

"Uh.. we meant another Ji yong!!" Gikwang reasoned.

"Nope, Both of you are lying and you are not getting out of this house unless you tell me exactly where you are going." 

They sighed.

"Fine. We're going to go give this soup to Jiyeon." 

Doojoon froze.

"You've been in contact with her?" He asked, feeling slightly betrayed.

"Yeah and she doesn't want to see you." Dongwoon stated bluntly.

"Why?" Dojoon asked, feeling hurt.

"We have no right to tell you why but you'll find out soon." Gikwang said, turning around and putting his shoes on while balancing the bowl

"What do you mean? Is she in the hospital again?" Doojoon asked, once again worrying and his heart beating rapidly.

"Hyung, just wait okay? Whatever she decides just wait."Dongwoon said, hating the fact that he had to lie.

"You aren't answering my question. Is she in the hospital or not?" Doojoon asked.

"Gikwang, Dongwoon you go and bring that to Jiyeon. Doojoon Jiyeon called me to tell you to meet her in the park tomorrow." Yubin said, coming out of her room.

"Why can't I see her now?"

"You're not ready." Yubin said, ushering Dongwoon and Gikwang, leaving Doojoon to wonder what exactly happened to Jiyeon.

 

------------------------------------------------------

JIYEON'S POV

"Kamsamnida Oppa." I smiled and thanked Junhyung Oppa; handing him his phone back.

"Why won't you just see that boy today?" He asked, emphasizing that boy. 

I laughed.

"Oppa, that boy has a name and It's Doojoon and you have the same age you know." I said, correcting him.

"Yeah, that boy, I know." He said nodding his head.

"Because I'm not in any condition right now and didn't the doctor say ki could go out tomorrow?" I said, making a point.

"Oh, right. So youre telling him tomorrow?" He asked.

I shook my head.

"Then why are you wasting your energy seeing him?"  

"Oppa, he's still my friend-"

"But why don't you want him to know?" He interuppted me.

"I just don't want to." 

"You love him." He stated.

My eyes widened.

"No I don't." 

"Jiyeon, you can deny it all you want but it would be useless in the end because you did fall inlove with him." 

"Oppa I barely know him. I mean I know him but I'm mostly sleeping and he's mostly taking care of me... How can love come out from that? We don't speak most of the time we're together oppa." I said, realizing thatIt would be stupid for me to say if I loved him.

"That's exactly why. He took care of you, you didn't need words to understand each other. You're comfortable with just being together."

"So you mean a realtionship can work with just that?" I ask.

He smiled.

"That's hoe I actually met Hara. Remember Dr. Park's clinic?"

I nodded for him to continue.

"Well, I was having a concert and I fell on stage; Dr. Park's clinic was the only clinic not crowded with fans guessing if that would be the hospital I'd go to- anyway Hara is a voulonteer nurse, she helped me blah blah blah and fromt here when ever I get hurt I go to Dr. Park's clinic and even though Hara treats my wounds most of the time no words were exchanged between us. I asked her out, she said yes and *BAM!" He explained with actions.

"Oppa, that's different! You're famous!" 

"Ani, I was still preparing to debut back then."

"But why did you have fans!?" 

"Because of the teaser- Why are we talking about me? The point is you can fall inlove with someone even with out words because actions are stronger Jiyeonnie." 

"Ah, whatever I don't love him okay? Plus if I did, I won't tell him cause I'd end up leaving him." I said, feeling depressed with the idea.

"JIYEON!" Gigwang and Dongwoon burst in shouting my name.

"Hey!" I greeted happy for the interruption.

"I better go, Jiyeon we'll talk about this on our way to the park tomorrow arasso?" Junhyung Oppa asked, giving me a stare which made me nod.

"We have soup!" 

"I'm here!" 

"Me too!" Hyunseung Oppa and Yoseob entered, pumping their fist in the air carrying a box of pizza.

"Is that for me?" I asked eyeing it.

"Yup! the vegetarian one while we get the hawaiian.

"It's still pizza anyway.... Junhyung Oppa why don't you eat before you go? It's almost lunch anyway!"

"ANi, I have to go change my clothes." 

"Okay. Bye!" He kissed my forehead and punched the boys on his way out leaving me confused.

Do I really love him?

 

----------------------------------------------------------------

AUTHOR'S POV

 

As Junhyun walked towards the elevator, a voice stopped him.

"Junhyung? Son, is that you?" He froze at the voice of his mom calling him.

"What do you want?" He asked, not turning around and meeting her gaze.

"Your sister caught the flu." His father replied.

"Okay." Junhyung started walking until his dad stopped him.

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

"I felt like frolicing in the hospital." Junhyung answered sarcastically, his fists clenching.

"Aren't you even going to visit your sister?" His dad said, tightening his grip around Junhyung's wrist.

He sighed, knowing his dad won't let go of him and he didn't want to end up with a fist fight. 

"Where is she?" 

"The room beside the room across from the nurse's station." His mom answered soflty.

He pulled out from his dad's hold and made his way To Hyuna's rom which was coincidentally beside Jiyeon's room.

"Oppa?" Hyuna asked, munching on cheetos.

"I thought you're sick." Junhyung stated.

"Well, yeah I am." She answered.

"What kind of sick person eats junk food?" Junhyung asked.

"Be kind to your sister." His dad replied strictly. Junhyung now clenched both of his fists and inhaled trying to control his temper. Here they were worried about Hyuna who didn;t look sick at all while Jiyeon is in the room right beside them, dying. 

'Wonderful just wonderful!' Junhyung thought, feeling his anger directed towards Hyuna.

"I don't care if I'm being kind or not, you aren't paying for my bills so I'm not going to listen to youj." Junhyung answered then turned to Hyuna and snatched the bag.

"YAH!" 

"Yell, all you want, It' would just bring the doctor in and ban you from all junk food." Junhyung warned.

Silence consumed the whole room, until a yell from the next room broke it.

"I want my Oppppaaaaaa!!!!! I don't know you!!!!!!!!!!!" Jiyeon yelled, throwind her pillow towards Yoseob.

"Arasso! we'll call him!" Yoseob screamed over her screams.

"I'll call the nurses!" Gikwang volounteered.

Junhyung immediately got his phone and declined the call before it could ring and rise any suspicions.

"That girl has been yelling since early morning! I swear if she doesn't stop, I'll charge in and shut her up myself!" His dad proclaimed, frowning.

"Yobeo, this is a hospital, you can't just do that." Their mom said.

"Yes, this is a hospital not a MENTAL hospital." He answered, frowning.

"How can Hyuna recover?" He continued.

Junhyung reached his boiling point.

 

 

HEEEEYYYY!!!!!!! CLIFF HANGERS ARE THE BEST! WELL.... FOR THE AUTHORS ANY WAY.. SORRY FOR THE TYPOS IT'S REALLY LATE ACTUALLY IT'S EARLY IN THE MORNING... LIKE 12:11 AM ANYWAYYYYYYYYYYY NOT PROOF READ.

I LOVE YOU!

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!