30

Counting Her Days

JIYEON'S POV

"Noona?" Someone shook me. I looked down towards the source of the voice and felt my eyes widen when I saw Jay. 

"Noona annyeong!" He repeated, tackling me in a hug which I wasn't able to return because of shock.

"J-Jay?"I stuttered, sitting up. I looked around and breathed in the fresh air. I don't know where I am. I must be dead, everything around me is so perfect, the cherry blossoms lightly blown by the wind, Perfectly green trimmed grass, and a pond shimmering under the beautiful sun, birds flying, rabbits hopping-It is just too perfect.

"It's beautiful right noona?"Jay spoke.I turned to him and smiled.Then it hit me.

Jay.

"Dongsaeng!" I exclaimed, immediately crushing Jay in a bone crushing hug. I don't know how many minutes I've been hugging him but tears slowly fell from my eyes as memories from the fire and the guilt I felt was  slowly coming back to me.

"Mianhe dongsaeng." I apologized, hugging him tighter.

"Don't say sorry noona, I'm very happy here. Especially now, since Hyuna noona is here too." Jay answered, pulling away from me.

"Hyuna?" I asked, sniffing and looking around. Hyuna is here too? Why would she be here.

"Hi." A small voice said from behind me.

"Noona! balli! we have no more time!" Jay said making a gesture with his small hands. 

"Eh? No time for what?" I asked.

"And why am I here?" 

"Am I dead?"

"Is this a dream?"

"Hyuna why are you here?" I questioned, glancing from Hyuna to Jay.They both looked stunning. Jay in his white little suit while Hyuna looked gorgeous in a white maxi dress, They were both barefoot though I don't know why. I wanted to ask them, what Jay meant by little time and why they were in white clothing while I'm still in my hospital gown. I have so many questions! but Hyuna merely smile and pulled me towards her. 

"This is our first hug isn't it?" She asked, while I nodded and placed my arms around her.

"Yonnie, I'm sorry for everything. I'm very sorry. If I could do more for you to forgive me I would. I love you." She said, pulling away.

"Hyuna, I've already forgiven you before you even asked for forgiveness and you don't have to do anything. I just need you with me in my journey." I said, but instead of a reply, Hyuna stepped back and smiled as she got Jay's hand.

"I'm with Jay now Yonnie." Why is this girl talking crazy? She can't be with Jay, he's dead. even though he's alive right now.

"That-"

"Oh! It's time! bye noona! Saranghe!!" Was the last thing I heard before a very bright light shone before me that I had to shield and close my eyes, unable to stand it. 

When I placed my hands down, the first thing that greeted me was another light. Except this time, the scent of alcohol replaced the fresh air. I wasn't standing anymore, I was lying down, and I felt numb. 

"Jiyeon?" 

"She's awake! Gikwang call a doctor!" Someone who sounded like Doojoon Oppa yelled. No, I am sure that was Doojoon Oppa.

"Jiyeon? Do you hear me?" Another voice that sounded like my mother spoke. 

"How about me? do you here me?" I'm sure that was Yosoeb Oppa who spoke.

"Guys, do you mind giving her space, she barely opened her eyes yet!" That was Junhyung Oppa. 

"Yeah, let her breathe." Hyunseung Oppa. That was Hyunseung Oppa.

Okay, so Doojoon Oppa, Hyunseung Oppa, Gikwang Oppa, Omma, Yoseob and Junhyung Oppa are here. Where's Hyuna's voice? I don't believe in the dream no that was just a dream. I wanted to open my eyes fully and stand up but they felt too heavy. I couldn't do anything so I moved my hand to signal that I do here them.

"I heard she's awake!" Dongwoon Oppa. that was Dongwoon Oppa.

"The doctors are coming!" Appa said as the sound of a door being slammed followed.

No, that was just a dream, Hyuna couldn't have. No. 

 

FLASHBACK

"Jiyeon, we're going to have to wait for a donor to show up, hang on arasso?" I weakly nodded my head and breathed through the oxygen mask.  My head was throbbing, and my insides were aching badly second, minutes, hours pass.I don't know- time seems to have stopped I want to scream but I'm too weak. From my peripheral vision, the double doors of the room opened and a stretcher was being wheeled in. 

There was someone on the stretcher, A girl. 

Dull figures suddenly started roaming around the room, doctors, wearing their gloves while some nurses were reading a file.

The stretcher stopped beside me. I wanted to turn my head and see who the girl was, she looked very familiar but I can't be too sure. I suddenly felt a hand wrap around mine, at first I thought it was the doctor's but then realized it was some body else's, The hand around mine squeezed my hand, I didn't know who the girl was but it felt comforting, I don't know what's wrong with her but I squeezed her hand back to comfort her too. Then everything went black.

END OF FLASHBACK

 

"Jiyeon, if you can hear me, move your pointer finger." I moved my pointer finger as tears started falling from my half- lidded eyes. I couldn't see anyone's face. I forced myself to open m eyes but they wouldn't budge, they are just too heavy. 

I wanted to ask. Ask where Hyuna was and I I couldn't hear her voice. Maybe she's just with Hara and Yubin unnie. 

Yes, that's right, she's with Hara unnie and Yubin unnie.

"Okay, you can hear me that's good, I'll try to move you arasso?" I raised my thumb.

"Hara, please pass me that pillow so I could put it behind Jiyeon's head." So Hara unnie is here but Yubin unnie isn't.

"Yubin-ah excuse me." I slowly felt my head being raised as my heart rate started beating faster, tears that have gathered finally fell and fell and fell. My half- lidded eyes were now like  broken faucets. 

"Jiyeon, relax does it hurt?" I tried to open my eyes once again and finally, they opened. I heard the collective sighs of relief from around me but my tears still continued to fall.

"Jiyeon, does it hurt?" I shook my head no as I slowly relaxed with my new position. I opened my mouth but nothing would come out. It felt rough, dry and it hurt. 

I wanted water but I also wanted answers.

"Where's Hyuna?" I choked.

Everyone visibly tensed at the mention of her name and I got my answer the second my mother broke down crying. 

 

Days later, everyone tried to be happy because Jiyeon was alive and was officially proclaimed a cancer survivor but the grief of Hyuna's death still hung on the air. They missed her but is very thankful for what she has done. Jiyeon and Doojoon never got the chance to talk because everything that happened was too overwhelming. 

Doojoon, asked everyone to give them time to talk and they gave in happily knowing Jiyeon would want to talk too.

"Jiyeon, I want you to tell me the truth. Why didn't you tell me you're sick?" 

"B-because I- I - uh I just didn't want to." Jiyeon answered, looking away.

"Please Jiyeon, just tell me." Doojoon pleaded, tilting her chin and staring intently into her eyes which made her melt.

"I- because I'm going to be a burden to you." 

"Since when were you a burden to me Jiyeon?" He asked, holding her shaking hands.

"Since I literally came into your life." She answered looking down once again.

"Why did you think that? and you thought it was okay to 'burden'  all our friends too?" Jiyeon shook her head and bit her lip.

"Why Jiyeon? Why didn't you tell me?" Doojoon asked.

A nurse suddenly opened the door and noticing the atmosphere she apologized for the interruption and stated she'd be back later but before she closed the door, two white butterflies enter the room. One butterfly landed on her shoulder while the other one landed on the joint hands. 

Jiyeon started at the butterfly on their hands and glanced at the butterfly on her shoulders and smiled sadly.

"It seems like Hyuna and Jay are telling you to tell me." Doojoon said. Coincidentally, the butterflies flapped their wings and remained still after that.

Jiyeon took a deep breath.

"I didn't tell you because I was scared to loose you. I was scared that you might leave me because I'm too annoying. I realized I love you too much and would rather have you leave me because I was hurting you than have you leave me because you're tired of me." 

Doojoon didn't reply. He just stared at Jiyeon, stood up and bent down to her level. Jiyeon looked up and was shocked at the close proximity she had with Doojoon. 

Doojoon suddenly leaned in and placed his lips lightly on top of Jiyeon's lightly caressing her face, as if she would break any second. Jiyeon wrapped her arms around him as both the butterflies, flew towards the window sill.

"I love you. Why do you think I'd ever get tired of you?" Doojoon asked but before Jiyeon could answer, he leaned in for a second kiss. 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

HEEEEY!! SO IT'S FINALLY OVER!!!!! SORRY IF YOU FIND THE ENDING Y... AND ALL... BUT ANYWAY THANKYOU TO ALL OF  YOU WHO READ THIS STORY SINCE THE BEGGINING AND SUPPORTED ME! THANK YOU SO MUCH! :) 

P.S. I am fully aware that there is no such thing as a brain transplant. this is all fiction and none is to be taken seriously :) I'd state this in the first chapter but you know it'd give away everything :)

I LOVE YOU!

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT ;)