17

Counting Her Days

Junhyung reached his boiling point.

"WHY DO YOU HATE JIYEON SO MUCH!?" He asked, stepping closer to his dad.

"SHE'S YOUR DAUGHTER AS MUCH AS HYUNA IS YOUR DAUGHTER AND JAY AND I ARE YOUR SONS!" He continued.

"What did she ever do to you dad? huh? What makes you hate her so much?" He asked, in a calmer voice, trying to remember it's disrespectful to punch his father.

"And Omma, why don't you ever do anything? Standing at the sides observing your own daughter grow up abused? Do you even care?" Junhyung asked, giving his mother a disgusted look.

"Stop all the drama Oppa, we all know Jiyeon is with some guy ting herself around." Hyuna commented making Junhyung's temper sky rocket even more.

He slapped her. Hyuna's eyes widened as her hand went up to cup her redenning cheek; Their mother gasped.

"WHAT RIGHT DO YOU THINK YOU HAVE TO SLAP YOUR SISTER LIKE THAT!?" His dad demanded, shoving him back.

"That slap was nothing compared to what you did to Jiyeon. That was nothing compared to what Jiyeon is going through." He muttered and left the room before he couldn't control himself and might forget that they're even related in the first place.

"I am not through talking to you!" Theair father screamed.

"I am." He answered, before he shut the door and was met by Yosoeb who was pressing stuff on his phone.

"Hyung!" He called out, finally noticing Junhyung.

"Wae?" He asked, knowing full well why.

"Jiyeon, suddenly doesn't know us! Shes been looking for you- Hyung just skip your schedule for today." Yoseob pleaded, worry seeping through his voice.

"I will." Junhyung replied, not aware his mother has followed him out the room and heard everything Yoseib said.

Junhyung opened the door to Jiyeon's room only to see her surrounded by nurses and a doctor while their friends was at one corner of the room.

"Jiyeon, calm down arasso? We'll call your brother." The doctor said, trying to calm Jiyeon down since they couldn't inject her with anything fearing it might overdose her system.

"Oppa!" Jiyeon said suddenly happy when her eyes landed on Junhyung. Everyone heaved a sigh of releif when they saw Junhyung.

The nurses left and the doctor left, while Junhyung inched his way to Jiyeon who looked like a child that was lost- found; their mother still unoticed since everyone was watching Jiyeon, waiting for her to throw another tantrum.

"How are you feeling dongsaeng?" He asked, giving her a smile but instead of it being returned, Jiyeon's eyes widened and her arms spread forward as she stared pass him Gikwang, Yoseob,Hyunseung and Dongwoon all slipped out silently knowing this was a family moment.

"Omma!" She called out, wriggling her arms.

Junhyung turned around and froze. ' I should have been more careful.' He thought standing protectively before Jiyeon, blocking their view of each other.

"You aren't needed here." He said, ice cold making everyone in the room shiver except for Jiyeon, who was trying hatd to get a view of her mother.

"Omma! Oppa! I can't see her!" Jiyeon whined which immediately melted his heart, He turned to her and cupped her cheek.

"Jiyeon, Omma can't stay here-"

"My baby." Her mother whispered making Junhyung stop mid sentence and turn to stare at their mother.

"Jiyeon." Their mom whispered, staring at Jiyeon who was covered in bruises, head to toe; pale as a sheet, lips slightly blue due to lack of oxygen but wore a genuine innocent smile full of excitement and hope.

"Omma!" She squealed wanting to move towards her mom.

"What happened?" Her mom asked, as she went closer to Jiyeon shakily, trying to make everything sink in. Her daughter was in a hospital looking bad.

"She has cancer." Junhyung muttered, looking away.

"Omma, wae are you crying?" Jiyeon asked pouting.

"I'm sorry." Her mom said, encasing Jiyeon in her arms.

"Why are you sorry?" Jiyeon asked, tilting her head to the side. Suddenly feeling tired Jiyeon pulled away from her mom and yawned.

"Omma, Oppa I wanna sleep but you both have to be here with chocolate when I wake up arasso?" Jiyeon asked, making Junhyung chuckled despite the tension thick in the air.

Their mom nodded silently, tears streaming down her face.

"What happened to her? When was this?" Their mom asked, stuttering over her words as jiyeon closed her eyes.

"She has cancer and ITP, apparently this happened before she entered her junior year." Replied Junhyung.

"What are you doing here? Why do you care?" He asked bluntly.

"Where's that bastard." He contunued.

"I've always cared-"

"You never defended her."

"I couldn'-"

"You didn't want to." Junhyung cut her off, fist fists clenching.

"Let me finish!" She hissed and looked towards Jiyeon.

"You have to understand, I couldn't do anything even if I wanted to." Junhyung wanted to say something but he held hid tongue and nodded for her to conitue.

"Remember how your brother died?"

"Of course I do." He growled.

"Did you know how the fire started?" She asked, Junhyung shook his head no.

"The firemen told us it started because of the oven over heating. One of the maids informed us one of the twins were baking and it was Jiyeon." 

"JIYEON WAS WITH ME AND HYUNSEUNG IN THE BACKYARD!" He screamed, letting it all out.

"I know that now." She replied.

"What?"

"We always thought it was Jiyeon because before the fire started she asked us if she could baked but your father said no and we thought it was her, until today when I saw there was a burn on Hyuna's shoulder and it looked too old to be new."

"So you immediately blamed Jiyeon."

"We didn't know Junhyung- It was hard for us, your borother died. Your father was almost to the point of delerious, He blamed Jiyeon for killing his son." She reasoned.

"And as revenge he is slowly killing his daughter with out even knowing it." He muttered.

"THAT STILL DOESN'T GIVE YOU A REASON TO ABUSE HER! EVERYTHING YOU DID TO HER LEAD TO HER SICKNESS!" He screamed, knowing Jiyeon won't wake up; for the first time, Junhyung since Jay's death shed tears of sorrow and anger.

"YOU CAUSED HER THIS! SHE CAN DIE ANY TIME BECAUSE YOU ASSUMED!" He screamed, glaring at his mother with so much hatred.

"Why didn't oyu ever ask them anything?" Junhyung asked.

"We asked Jiyeon but she said she didn't remember anything. We asked Hyuna and she said she was paying with you- little did I know it was Jiyeon."

"No matter who it was mother, no one deserved to be treated like Jiyeon was! You treated her like an animal!" He screamed.

"I'm sorry." She whispered, crying and holding Jiyeon's hand which automatically tightened around hers.

On the other side of the door, their father stayed frozen, guilt eating every nerve in his body. The whole time he thought it was Jiyeon- He never accepted his son's death that he resulted to hurting his own daughter. He onlt came to Jiyeons room by accident hearing the yells of junhyung but now it has turned into something complicated- Something that would eat him up alive. He sat on one of the waiting chairs and burried his head in his hands.

"My daughter." He whispered, tears falling to the ground.

 

------------------------------------------------------

"Oppa?" Jiyeon woke up and saw Junhyung serving theri mother water.

"Omma, so- that really happened?" Jiyeon asked, smiling slightly.

"Jiyeon I'm really sorry."

"Omma can we just not talk about it? If you didn't already know, I'm dying and I'd really want it if we just leave it all to the past?" Jiyeon said, smiling at her genuinely.

"Of course." Her mother answered, smiling while tears were falling from her eyes. She was lucky to have a forgiving daughter.

 

JIYEON'S POV

"Oppa, I'm supposed to be meeting Doojoon Oppa today!" I said, swinging her legs over the bed. My heart pounding as every second passed.

"YAH! Wait till the doctor gets here!" Junhyung Oppa said, stopping me before I could move any further.

"Why-"

"You still have your IV connected pabo!" He said, laughing along with my mother who was fixing up a snack.

"Oh, right." I mumbled blushing.

"So, who's Doojoon?" Omma asked, giving me a knowing smile.

"Oh, no one just Jiyeon's boyfriend." Junhyung Oppa said making me blush even more.

"Ani!" I denied.

"Your blushing!" Omma teased, laughing with Oppa. 

If only they knew what I was about to tell him would break my heart...

 

---------------------------------------------

"Omma, how do I look?" Doojoon asked his mom who was cooking. He was wearing a white polo with dark washed skinny jeans; with black converses.

"Good and why are you caring?"  Yubin asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Omma , I'm confessing." He muttered, making Yubin frown in worry.

Her son has fallen in love.

 

 

HEEEEEYYY!!! SORRY FOR THE LATENESS! JUST KNOW NEXT CHAPTER IT'S ALL DOOJOON X JIYEON! :D

I LOVE  YOU!

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!