5

Counting Her Days

 

As my tears were falling, I felt like a heavy weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

I cried for the comfort I’ve always wanted.

I cried for the love I never received.

I cried for the way my father gives me cold looks.

I cried for the way my mother never comforts me.

I cried for everything that has happened in my life.

My tears wouldn’t stop, all these years I’ve pent and bottled up all my emotions, making sure no one would see them. Not even Yubin unnie.

Doojoon oppa pulled me tighter against his chest as I fisted his sweater ad cried even harder.

I don’t even know him.

He doesn’t know me.

But he gave me something no one has ever given me.

He is gave me comfort.

As minutes passed, I calmed myself down and pulled away, my cheeks, puffy and red from all the crying. Doojoon oppa stood up and came back with a glass of cold water; I accepted it gratefully.

“I-I’m sorry, I sh-shouldn’t have said anything.” I stuttered, hiccupping while trying to catch my breath.

“Why are you apologizing!? You should report to the police! What your father is doing can be considered child abuse!” He exclaimed angrily, putting both of his hands on my shoulders.

“I will never do that. No matter how hard I try to turn this world around, He is my father and I am his daughter.” I explained, sighing and feeling exhausted.

Doojoon oppa opened his mouth, but I cut him off because my hands were suddenly griping his left arm.

It’s happening again.

I couldn’t breathe.

Black dots are starting to swim in my vision.

I felt like I was being stabbed in the head and hit by a truck, my heart feels like it’s burning. I opened my mouth only to let out a strangled cry as my eyes grew wide. I brought my right and pounded my chest, hoping the feeling would stop.

But it didn’t.

I see Doojoon oppa yell things at me but that’s it. I see him, I don’t hear him.

I slowly felt myself fall on the ground both my hands now griping my chest. Tears were falling from my eyes as I saw Doojoon oppa trying to put me in a sitting position.

What is happening to me? This isn’t normal anymore. The more I thought about it, the more my head pounds.

My hearing started coming back, but now my vision started blurring.

“Ji Yeon! Can you hear me!? What’s happening to you?” I heard a panicked Doojoon yell.

With my blurred vision, I saw two figures looming behind him, but I couldn’t be too sure.

“Doojoon! Go call an ambulance! Balli!” I heard Yubin unnie’s voice order.

“Ji yeon-ah? Can you hear me? Please be okay.” I heard a male voice whisper. Not Doojoon’s but Gikwang’s.

“Hold on-“

Those were the last words I heard before I once again fell into the endless pit of blackness.

 

 

Fire. That is all I see. Fire.

I looked around and saw my little brother grasping for his breath, trying to get out of his room.

“Jay! Wait there! noona is coming to get you!” I yelled, feeling the heat crawl all over my body.

My tears were falling, mixing with my sweat as I heaved my way to my younger brother who was helplessly waiting for me with unshed tears in his eyes.

“Noona!” I heard my younger brother yell. My heart clenched at the sound of his voice.

“Ji Yeon noona!” He yelled once again. I quickened my steps, avoiding balls of fire that were falling from the ceiling but the closer I got to him, the farther he seems to be.

“I’m coming!” I yelled, feeling myself loose oxygen.

“Jiyeon noona!” my eyes were starting to close, my breathing was becoming ragged, I was falling on the ground. Heat surrounding me and the image of my brother calling out for me, crying for me was implanted on my mind as I woke up from the nightmare. Only to enter another nightmare called my life.

“Jiyeon? Doojoon! Call the doctor!” Yubin unnie ordered as I tried to sit up but was held down by Gikwang.

“Don’t sit up Jiyeon, You don’t have energy right now.” He said, concern lacing his voice.

“What happened JiYeon?” Yubin unnie asked. I looked straight at her concern filled eyes and shrugged my shoulders.

“So Jiyeon, I see you’re awake.” The doctor said, entering the room and that’s when I realized, I was in a hospital.

“Yeah.” I replied somewhat awkwardly.

“Okay, from what I’ve heard, it seems like you had an unusual seizure.”

I had a seizure? But I’m pretty sure I didn’t feel my  mouth twist.

“I had a seizure?” I asked, not believing his words. Why in the world would I have a seizure?

“Yes.” He answered, writing stuff down on his clipboard.

“How did I get a seizure?” I asked truly confused. Even though I get a lot of bruises, I still make sure I’m able to drink my vitamins.

“Well, that I don’t know so we’ll have to keep you confined in here for at least three days.” He said, glancing at his clip board.

“Th-three days!? B-but I have to go home! My parents can’t know about this a-and th-they’ll kill me and-“

“Don’t worry Jiyeon, I told your parents that you’re going to be with me for one week.” Yubin unnie said and I immediately relaxed. If you’re curious my dad would take any opportunity to get me out of the house with out it seeming so harsh, since some of his friends actually know I exist.

“Okay, since that problem it out of our hair, let’s start the testing tomorrow. Rest Jiyeon, you need it.” The doctor said, eyeing me with a stern glance.

“De.” I answered, bowing and thanking him.

“Omma, kwangie Why don’t both of you go home? I’ll stay here and accompany Ji Yeon for the night.” My head snapped to the chair beside my and found Doojoon who hasn’t spoken a word at all.

“Eh? It’s okay, if you go with them-“ I started but he cut me off.

“Omma you need your rest too, Kwangie sleep in my apartment tonight so My mom won’t be all alone arraso?” Doojoon ordered. Yubin unnie merely nodded. I’m pretty sure she was tiredand wasn’t up for an argument.

“JiYeon, I’ll be back tomorrow. Take care arraso?” She said, planting a kiss on my cheek.

I smiled and hugged her.

“Yah, get well okay? I wanna take you out on a date!” Gikwang oppa said teasingly, earning a slap from Doojoon.

“Hyung!” Doojoon rolled his eyes and I laughed.

“Annyeong!” I called out as both Unnie and Gikwang exited the room.

“You know, it’s okay if you go after them, I don’t mind being alone.” I started after a few minutes of complete silence.

No reply.

“I’m serious oppa. I’m used to it.” I continued.

He sighed.

“Jiyeon, from now on, I don’t want you to get used to things like that arasso?” Doojoon said, standing and sitting beside me on my bed.

I tried to sit up but failed so instead I looked up.

“Things like what?” I asked confused.

“Things like being alone.” He answered moving a strand of hair from my forehead and tucking it behind my ear.

“You’ve had a rough day. Go to sleep Jiyeon.” He said, smiling at me and squeezing my right hand which I didn’t even know he was holding.

“I’ll be right here.” With his words, I let exhaustion sweep over my body and my heart flutter at his words.  I quickly fell asleep even though I just came from one.

 

 

HEY!!!!! SO HERE IT IS! TADAAA!!! I KNOW THE STORY IS PROBABLY BORING YOU BUT I NEED IT TO DEVELOP FIRST. I SWEAR IT WILL GET BETTER :D

Schokimonster : THANKS!! and yes, even though I live in the phils. english is my first language. it's funny though how I learned my mother language when I was like 6 or 7... hehehehe. ^.^

xXMuz1cS0ulXx : THANKYYOU!!! ^.^

riddlerani : aweee THANKS!!!! :D

saranghaepperu : THANKYOU! :D

 

i love you!

please don't forget to comment and subscribe!