11

Counting Her Days

I tossed and my bed, thinking about everything that happened today. 

Everything being the kiss.

When I reached the mansion, Yubin unnie informed me that my parent's recieved another call regarding a new emergency and that they were needed right away. That made me breathe a little easier, knowing today, no one would beat me up.

Hyuna was in one of her friend's house so, lucky for me I wouldn't get to hear her voice two days tops.

I turned and faced the ceiling, sighing; Dojjon oppa's face suddenly filled my vision.

EFFFF MY LIFE.

"JIYEON! WHERE IS THAT CHILD!" I cringe internally at my father's voice and quickly sat up from my bed, expecting him to burst through my door.

I guess the emergency was fixed.

"JIYEON!" My father bellowed once again. I stood up from my spot; heart hammering in my chest, I took shaky steps towards my door, hoping, wishing that this was just a dream. If I get hit tonight, I don't know what would happen to me. 

Wait, no this is good I could go and die right now, see my brother. 

Say sorry.

I quickened my steps but suddenly the faces of the people who's been around me these pass few days entered my mind.

I froze, my hand on the door knob. 

I don't want to leave them yet.

Even though I just met them, they gave me one of the most beautiful things I could ask. they gave me friendship I've been yearning for.

"JIYEON! GET OUT OF YOUR ROOM OR I'M COMING IN!" He yelled, kicking my locked door. 

My eye widened at the venom seeping from his voice.He

He's no longer the father I used to know.

He never was.

He changed in one night. 

I took a step back and hesitated before taking another one.

Cautiously, I kept taking steps back until my back hit the wall across my door.

"JIYEON!" He yelled again, now banging on my door.

My breathing started coming out in heavy pants, If I go out and face him, I'm going to die.

If I let him come in, I'm still going to die. 

He can't hit me.

I can't let him hit me.

I can't leave yet.

Lord, please don't let him break through. I prayed silently, sliding down the wall, staring helplessy at my door, with my heart jumping out of my chest as tears were falling non-stop because of fear.

"JIYEON!" I jumped and looked around for an escape, I hurriedly walked towards my balcony but realized i was in the third floor of the mansion and If I jump it's still end up tragically for me. 

A cracking noise from the door, frightened me. I turned around and saw a little crack on the center of my door.

This is it. I ran towards a dark corner of my room and hid my face behind my arms, crying for my life.

"YOU THINK YOU CAN HIDE FROM ME!?" He yelled, flicking the light on; approaching me with a murdureous look on his face.

"I'm s-sorry." I stuttered, with fear filled eyes. 

"YOU USELESS PIECE OF TRASH!" He yelled raising his hand, clenching it to a fist. 

I closed my eyes waiting for the blow, waiting for the pain, for the sting but it never came. 

I opened my eyes slowly and saw Junhyung Oppa hovering over me, with his back facing me while his hand was grasping my father's wrist.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?" My father screamed, glaring hard at Oppa.

"THAT'S ENOUGH! YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO TREAT MY SISTER THAT WAY!" Junhyung oppa yelled, not letting appa's hand go.

"I'M HER FATHER!" He countered, giving Junhyung oppa a challenging gaze.

"You're a monster." Junhyung oppa replied calmly, releasing his hand and dragging me away.

"We're leaving this forsaken place." He announced, getting a luggage from uner my bed and told me to gather my things but I was frozen on the spot. 

This is the first time he stood up for me.

I was in shock. 

My head was throbbing but Ignored it.

"And where do oyu think you'll be going? With out me you're just a bunch of peniless kids." Appa said, smirking at Oppa.

"What do you think 've been doing all these years? Why do you think I've never been around?" Junhyung oppa asked then smirked.

"I got a job and saved up more than enough for both of us. With out you we're happy people." He continued, smiling.

"LEAVE! GO AHEAD! LEAVE! AND NEVER COME CRAWLING BACK FOR MONEY!" Appa bellowed, glaring hard at both of us then left.

"Oppa?" I asked in a little voice, staring up at him.

"Mianhe. I never thought it was this bad." He whispered, pulling me closer to him as i cried. 

I cried my heart out. 

"I promise dongsaeng, I'll make it up to you." He said hugging me tighter.

"I promise." 

"Don't promise anything, just please be with me, what ever happens." I replied, hugging him.

"I swear." He answered kissing my forehead.

"Go, pack your things, I'll take care of mine." I said, miling up at him.

"No, i'll help you, he might come back I'm not risking it." I smiled at him and hugged him again.

"Thank you oppa." I muttered. 

Even though he doeasn't know it.

He just saved my life.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AUTHOR'S POV

 

"I-Ididn't know." Jiyeon's mother said, staring wide eyed at the scene before her. 

I hurt her heart seeing Jiyeon get almost beat up.

Hearing Hyuna call her own sister foul names.

Knowing she can't do anything about it because she was too spinless to do so.

"Mrs. Cha, I've prepared something for you." Yubin said, pulling her away from Jiyeon's room where Junhyung and her husband were yelling at each other.

"Was it always that bad?" She asked, with tears in her eyes as she sat down.

Yubin looked down and felt her own eyes tear up.

"It's way worse than you think." She replied.

"Mrs. Cha, forgive me for saying this but It's time you stood up for your daughter. And I'd like to quit my job. The only reason I stayed this long was for Jiyeon. Now that I know she'll be out of here with her brother. I can gladly retire with no worries." Yubin announced, standing from her seat.

Mrs. Cha merely nodded feeling her heart break at the thought of her daughter acknowledging Yubin more of like a mother than her.

"Yubin, can I ask you one thing  though?" She asked, turning to face Yubin.

"Anything." 

"Do you think she'll forgive me?" 

"You will never be able to look her straight in the eyes with out seeing how much you hurt her and how much she's gone through. You're her mother, she'll forgive you but you will never be able to forgive yourself once you realize just how much she's been trying to get you to love her like you do Hyuna. I'm sorry mrs. Cha but I'll be helping Jiyeon pack away from you." Yubin announced then left leving Jiyeon's mother crying fromt he guilt and sorrow she felt. 

But everytime she wanted to speak out, nothing would come out. The image of her burned son will enter her mind and she remains frozen on the spot. 

 

 

 

 

HEY!!!!!!! SO YEAH.... DO YOU KNOW WHAT WILL HAPPEN NEXT????????? HEHEHEHEHEHE OKAY SO I  PROMIZE HYUNSEUNG AND YOSEOB IN THIS CHAPPIE BUT I REALIZED IT WOULD BE TOO LONG AND YOU MIGHT BE BORED READING DO INSTEAD I CUT IT. OH AND A CLUE FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER?

JUNHYUNG HAS A HOUSEMATTTTEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I LOVE YOU!

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!