1

Counting Her Days

 

I groaned and rolled over my bed while Hyuna, my fraternal twin sister, kept knocking on my bedroom door.

“YAH! We’re leaving!” She screamed.

As the sound of her heels were slowly fading away, It sunk in.

I glanced at my digital clock and gasped

It was 7:30 AM.

Classes start at 8:00 AM.

Gates close at 7:45 AM.

And walking towards the school takes thirty minutes.

“SHI-OOT!” I almost swore; jumped out of bed and randomly picked clothes that were neatly folded in one side of my walk-in closet.

Today is the first day of school and as you can probably tell, I’m running late.

Very late.

After stripping myself off of my pajamas, I quickly ran toward my bathroom and took a quick shower.

Yes, I know I was already running late, but I’d rather be late than stink up the whole school.

Which by the way is one of the rumors about me; I’m hated enough, thank you very much.

After my shower, I put on my clothes and made my way towards the long wide spiral stairs and ran down as fast as my chubby legs could take me.

Yes, Ladies and Gentlemen.

I am fat.

As in I weigh almost 200 pounds.

“Ji Yeon-ah! Eat breakfast first!” Yu Bin, our maid who was mopping the marble floor, called out.

“Unnie, I’m in a hurry mianhe!” I called out and ran out the mansion, down the gravel path leading towards the iron gate and finally out the street.

I can barely breathe, but I can’t be late.

My school record is the only thing my parent’s praise me for.

I’m not about to ruin this.

With that in mind, I ran faster.

Not that it made much of a difference anyway.

This is one of the sad things about being over weight. I can never run fast enough.

As the school came into view, I see the gates starting to close.

I can feel the wind through my hair and big drops of sweat drip from my forehead, down to my neck and falling on my shirt, but at that moment, did I care?

NO.

“WAIT!” I screamed, trying to get the attention of the guard.

“Ahjussi!!!” I screamed once more, waving my arms around, feeling my legs start to give in.

No response.

“Ahjussi!” I yelled from the top of my lungs, getting the attention of some students but not his.

“Please tell him to- to wait!” I screamed, asking the students got my attention.

But like every cliché no one wants to help the loser.

 “Ahjussi!” I screamed again, getting ready to cross the pedestrian.

He looks up; squints his eyes and I sigh in relief.

He noticed me.

“Ahjussi! Wait for me!” I called out, waving my arms over my head frantically.

I looked up, waiting for the stop light to turn red but when I looked back down, the gates were already closed and no one else but Hyuna stood there with a big smirk on her face.

“I have the best sister in the world.” I muttered as my legs finally gave in, causing me to fall on the hard concrete.

I’m screwed.

I glanced back at the gate helplessly with my light brown hair in disarray; my whole body covered in sweat.

My heart was beating abnormally fast, knowing what’s going to be waiting for me when I get home.

Too busy in my own thoughts, I didn’t notice the Black sports car the stop in front of me.

As a shadow hovered over me, I immediately knew who this was.

“Oppa.” I said, sighing in defeat.

“What are you doing here?” Junhyung, my older brother, asked with a scowl.

“You left me.” I stated, feeling the tears start t brim from my eyes.

“Not my fault you woke up late.” He replied, then just as fast as he appeared, he entered his car and drove off to God knows where.

 

 

As I walked the path back to my house, I couldn’t help but feel anxious. My heart was beating fast, my breathing was not in pattern and my vision was starting to blur.

It may be because of the heat and the fact that I didn’t have any breakfast. I shrugged the feeling off and walked faster, wanting to be out of the heat as my head was starting to pound.

“Ahjussi, It’s me can you please open the gate?” I asked, pressing the machine outside the guard house which was to the left of the gate.

“Ji Yeon?” He asked, exiting the little room; his eyes widening at the sight of me.

“Hi.” I muttered, pointing to the locked gates.

“Oh, right.” He muttered to himself before pressing something, so the gates could open, but before I could take one step. A Limousine stopped before me.

This is it.

I’m dead.

Good luck to me.

“Ji Yeon! I expect you inside the house in one minute!” My dad bellowed angrily, through the window.

Before he could even finish his sentence, I started sprinting towards the house.

 

“Why aren’t you in school?” Asked my dad.

“Appa- I –“

“You have no right to call me that!” He yelled, making me visibly flinch.

I pressed my lips together and closed my eyes, trying to control the tears that I knew were threatening to fall.

“Never, call me that again.” He gritted through his teeth. His hand suddenly shot out and landed on m left cheek; I was caught off guard. Next thing I know I was on the ground blinking back the tears as my heart felt heavy.

“My daughter died thirteen years ago along with my son.” He continued looking away with not much as a glance back.

I looked up to see my mother, standing there looking at me with sympathy and regret in her eyes. A flicker of hope sparked in me, maybe this time, she’s going to talk to me.

Maybe she’s going to forgive me.

Maybe she already did forgive me.

I stared back at her, but she never came. Instead, she turned around and shook her head and followed the man I wanted to call my father to their room.

 She never once came to comfort me. She never told me that my younger brother’s death wasn’t my fault.

That’s when I realized I will always be a murderer in her eyes.

 

SO HERE'S THE FIRST CHAPPIE! HOPE YOU ENJOYED! 

I LOVE YOU!

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!