2

Counting Her Days

 

I couldn’t breathe.

I woke up with a start, feeling like someone was choking me in my sleep.

I looked around my dark room, looking for something or maybe even someone, but nothing- no one was there.

I suddenly felt like a truck ran over my head, I clutched  my head and turned to my digital clock only to find out that it was still 4:00 in the morning. I tried to go back to sleep but once I’m awake, I know I can never go back to sleep.

With nothing else to do, I stood up and a wave of vertigo suddenly hit me. I stumbled a few steps back and fell on my bed.

What is happening to me?

I stood up once again, but once I did, I felt like vomiting. A churning in my stomach and the icky taste of my mouth, made me feel that way.

I quickly ran to my bathroom and puked my guts out. I clutched my head and leaned on the seat.

As I lifted my head, another wave of vertigo hit me and I lost all my senses.

I vomited again.

“YAH! shut up.” I heard someone, most probably my brother, yell from my room but I ignored him because I puked my guts out for the third time that morning.

“Ji yeon?” Junhyung Oppa asked, poking his head through my bathroom door, his faced immediately frowning most probably because of the fowl smell of vomit.

Instead of answering him, I once again placed my head on the toilet seat. I know it’s unsanitary but right now, I really don’t care.

“Yah, what’s wrong with you?” He asked, coming near me.

I ignored him, not knowing what to answer.

What was wrong with me? I don’t know.

“Yah.” I felt him sit beside me and lift my head. When he saw me, his expression hardened.

“Are you sick?” He asked voice filled with concern while I was filled with confusion. Why did he suddenly care now?

I just shrugged my shoulders and was about to lean on the seat when I felt like vomiting again.

Which I did.

I felt cool fingers gather my hair and rubbing my back. Why is he suddenly caring?  

What was ten minutes, felt like ten hours to me, after I was sure that I wouldn’t vomit anymore, Junhyung Oppa helped me to the sink and brush my teeth as he flushed the toilet. He helped me back on my bed and tucked me in, Soothing my aching head as he sat beside me.

“Go back to sleep dongsaeng.” My heart skipped. He hasn’t called me dongsaeng after the- the accident.

“I have a question first.” I slurred. Why I slurred I have no idea.

“What is it?” He asked, rubbing my head in circles.

“Why are you starting to care?” I mumbled sleepily.

“I always cared Ji Yeon.” Was what I think he replied before I drifted back to sleep.

 

“Ji Yeon-ah, Ji Yeon-ah.” I opened my eyes, only to be met by Yubin Unnie’s concerned filled ones.

“I’m awake.” I replied sleepily, sitting up.

“Gwenchana?” She asked me.

“Yeah, why are you asking?”

“It’s already 3:00 in the afternoon.” She stated, showing me my clock.

“WHAT!?” I screeched, and ran towards my closet, but she pulled me back.

“Ji Yeon, classes are over and your parents are having a party tonight.” She spoke softly.

That only meant one thing.

“Arasso, I’ll get ready and out of the house before they know it.” I stood up and headed towards the shower trying to control the hurt and jealousy I felt. 

Every time my parents held a party, that automatically means I have to get out of the house. My dad hates seeing me in parties. Saying I bring disgrace and he doesn’t want to be embarrassed before his business partners.

I stepped out the shower not knowing where to go. I put on gray sweat pants and a random hoodie and exited my room.

“AAAHHH!” Hyuna screamed staring at the now stained dress she was holding.

“YOU!” She yelled, pointing to me.

“What?” I asked confused.

“THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!” She screamed holding her dress and a starbucks cup up.

“What did I do?” I asked, suddenly tired.

“You scared me and look! The coffee is all over my dress! You shouldn’t have went out of your room! You witch!” She screamed, pouring the remains of her coffee on me.

“What’s all the screaming about?” Dad asked, coming out of nowhere.

“Appa! Look! Ji Yeon made me spill coffee on my dress!” Hyuna whined, looking close to tears.

Dad’s face hardened and he looked at me with cold- soul-less eyes.

“You don’t know how to do anything right. You stupid pig!” He screamed.

I felt like poisoned daggers were shot through my heart, as I just stared at him, masking the hurt I felt.

Seeming like I didn’t care.

He took four steps towards me ominously and pinched my ear, making me scream out in pain.

“You get out of this house right now! We don’t need anymore trouble from you today!” He screamed as he twisted my ear, making me bend my knees. His fist suddenly made contact with my face and I felt blood pour from my nose.

I looked up and saw Hyuna smirking towards me.

“You just don’t know when to stop making trouble.” Dad said one last time before kicking me in the stomach.

“Let’s go get you another dress Hyuna.” He said, and they left me there, with a bloody nose and a bruised up heart.

“OMO!” I looked up only to see my mother, gasp at the sight of me.

I stood up, void of all emotion and walked towards the stairs, ignoring the stares I was getting from the people setting up and ignoring my mother who, for the first time was calling my name.

“Ji Yeon!” Yu bin unnie exclaimed as she saw me.

“What did that man do to you!?” She asked, producing a hanky from her pocket and wiping the blood.

“Never mind him unnie, I probably deserved it.” I muttered, thinking about my brother’s death.

“Don’t you ever blame yourself! You don’t deserve it at all!” She scolded, her eyes, starting to water.

“Don’t cry for me unnie, I’m used to this and you know that.” I muttered.

“U-used to this?” A voice from behind me asked with shock.

I turned and saw my mother, standing two meters away from me with tears in her eyes.

“This isn’t the first time.” I muttered as I turned to Yu bin unnie and asked her to bring me to her friend’s clinic where I get my cuts treated almost everyday.

She just nodded and looked at my mom disappointedly.

 

 

HEY! HERE'S THE SECOND CHAPTER! SO OTHER BEAST MEMBERS WILL APPEAR SOON... :D

I LOVE YOU!

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!