20

Counting Her Days

It was morning when Misun and Kang- Dae were talking about how to make it up to Jiyeon when the door opened revealing Junhyung who was holding a basket of fruits for Jiyeon.

"What are you doing here?" Junhyung asks the minute he saw his dad.

"Son." Kang- Dae said, standing up to meet his son's glare.

"Get out." Junhyung said, feeling venom through his veins.

"I am not leaving my daughter." 

"She isn't your daughter nor am I your son. You made that perfectly clear days ago." Junhyung answered, as Kang- Dae's eyes turned from stormy to regret filled. Junhyung was now very aware of how much his father regrets everything but he still wanted him to hurt. 

"Get out. you don't have any right to be in this room." Junhyung repeated, blocking out his mother's pleas of making him understand.

"Oppa?" Jiyeon stirred, opening her beautiful brown eyes.

"Jiyeon-ah! you're awake! look what Oppa brought you!" Junhyung said excitedly, raising the basket for Jiyeon to see. Jiyeon's yes immediately widened at the sight of apples as she reached her arms out and pretended to grab them. instantly Misun and Junhyung knew Jiyeon was in baby mode.

"Let your brother wash them first Jiyeon." Kang- Dae spoke, readying himself for a yell but instead Jiyeon's mouth opened then morphed into a grin.

"AAAAAPPPPPAAAAAA!!! I missed you!" Jiyeon jumped out of the bed and hugged her dad like her life depended on it. Kang- dae didn't exepect this reaqctiong from her so he stood frozen and unable to move.

"Jiyeon." Junhyung said pulling her away from him. 

"That's not appa. Appa left remember?" Junhyung said carefully making Jiyeon remember who their father is not worth forgiving.

"Eh?" Jiyeon asked, tears already starting to form.

"I- Junhyung, don't do this. please." Kang- Dae said kneeling on the floor his head in is hands.

"Junhyung." Misun said, feeling for her husband.

"Oppa? Appa! wae are you on the floor? Do you like the floor too? Ilike the floor because it's cold! How about you?" Jiyeon said, plopping down next to her father with a smile on her face. 

Silence. 

"Ah! Where's Hyuna and Jay?" Jiyeon asked, making Kang-Dae's head snap towards her.

"Omma! Oppa! Appa! I want Jay and Hyuna! I miss them!" Jiyeon whined, on the verge of crying.

"Jiyeon, they're not here." Junhyung said monotonely assisting her back towards the bed where she began to thrash. 

"Jay! Hyuna! Where are they!!!!!! Opppa!!!!" 

"I'll get the doctor." Misun said hurrying outside while Junhyung was pinning her sister down on the bed, making sure she would stop thrashing. 

"What's happening?" Kang- Dae asked.

"What's happening? This is the result of your bitterness towards my sister." Junhyung said when the doctors took over and injected Jiyeon and walked out.

 

-------------------------------------------------------

Everthing that morning seemed like a dream to me. I know I was there. I was aware of everything the was happening and all I was saying but i couldn't control myself. I felt like I was watching a movie, trying hard to stay calm but I couldn't. Last night I dreamt of my brother. He said he was waiting for me. but waiting to go where? He said he has always been trying to protect me. Everything- I was confused. I couldn't control myself. I remember thrashing and Junhyung Oppa giving my father a heated glare and I remember the blackness the came when doctors were gathered around me.

"Jiyeon, gwenchana are you ready to leave?" My mom asked, standing by the door way of my hospital room carrying the few bags that I packed.

"Huh? Yeah." I answered, standing up.

"Jiyeon." 

"Yes Appa?" I asked, giving him a smile. Jay was waiting for me. It probably meant he was waiting for me to die and join him. My days are starting to quicken, there's no use staying mad at my dad.

"We were'nt able to talk- I just wanted to say-"

"Don't say sorry please. that's what everyone's been saying to me lately." I cut him off.

"But-"

"If you say sorry you'd make me feel like the only reason you said sorry is because I'm dying." I stated which effectively shut him up.

"Will you be going back to the mansion?" He asked changing the topic.

"She's staying with me." Junhyung Oppa stated, giving dad another glare which I nodded my head to.

"De, Mianhe Appa but I'm staying with Junhyung Oppa. It might be better for everyone. I don't want Hyuna to know, so please don't tell her." I pleaded. If Hyuna finds out she'd probably tell the whole world.

"Okay."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 DAYS LATER.

"Hyung! get out of the frigging room!" Dongwoon whined, literallt pounding on Doojoon's door with a hammer.

"You do realize banging with a hammer doesn't make any difference right?" Gikwang asks from the couch.

"Well it would be easier if we ever decided to break this door down." Dongwoon replied giving Gikwang an innocent smile.

"Pabo." Gikwang muttered standing up, thinking of ways to get Doojoon out of his room.

"You're the idiot! You aren't even helping me!" Dongwoon complained, pouting.

"I'm thinking and it's hard to think with you pounding on the door." 

"PSH. at least I'm trying." Dongwoon said then started pounding once again. It's been three days and all Doojoon's being doing was eat, sleep, eat, sleep take a bath, make a mess, sleep, eat, drink, drink, drinnk, drink oh and did I mention drink? 

"Hyuuunggggggg~" Dongwoon tried again.

"Hyung, it's been three days why don't you get your frigging out of your bed and go to school! You know Jiyeon is back right? and she's -" Dongwoon stopped talking to glance at Gikwang wanting to double check if it was okay for him to continue.

Gikwang nodded.

"She's been looking for you." Dongwoon added softly, not sure if he made the situation worse or better. 

Silence.

"Hyung! We're tired of this you know!" Gikwang complained, banging on door like there was no tomorrow. Doojoon who on the other side of the door, just closed his eyes and raised the volume of his ipod to the highest hoping it would block out all the noise coming from two of his friends. 

'Why can't she get out of my head?' Doojoon thought, rolling to his side and stared at the raindrops sliding on his windows. 

'Why does it hurt?' He wondered as a teardrops unconsciously fell from his eyes.  

Doojoon curled his legs up to his chest and lay still staring at everything before him. The dark blue painted walls, the curtains with the same color, the window that was slowly fogging; trying hard to ignore his chest that was tightening every second because of the hurt he felt. He coldn't breathe properly because everytime he thought about Jiyeon he would stop breathing. He hated himself for thinking there could actually be something that would happen between them. He hated himself because he couldn't hate her. He hated himself because he kissed her. 

He hated himself because this was the first time he showed weakness in front of his friends. 

He hated the fact that Jiyeon became his weakness without even trying.

"Hyung!" Gikwang tried again.

"Both of you better leave him for now." Yubin sad, entering the house carrying groceries.

"But ommeonni, he's been like this for days!" Dongwoon whined, feeling bad for his hyung.

"Just give him time. Now both of you help me!" Yubin said, trying not to worry too much about her son. She knew why Jiyeon had to reject Doojoon. Yubin wanted so bad to tell Doojoon everything but she had promised Jiyeon. It was Jiyeon's dying wish. She couldn't break it. 

"Ommeonni, why don't we just tell him?" Gikwang said out loud, picking carrots out of the bags and placing them on the fridge.

"We can't cause Jiyeon told us not to." Dongwoon answered smartly, giving him an 'are you serious look.'

"What is she hiding?" Doojoon asked, entering the kitchen.

"Hyung? what are you doing here?" Dongwoon asked nervously.

"I wanted to take a walk and get away from both of you. now what is she hiding?" Doojoon demanded, staring at the younger males.

"Uh, nothing." Gikwang answered, looking down.

"Tell me." He demanded, slamming his hands on the table.

"Doojoon-ah, calm down." Yubin scolded, glaring at him.

"You know about it too? You're supposed to be family omma!" Doojoon yelled.

"Fine. I'll tell you. Gikwang, Dongwoon let's just tell him he'll find out eventually." Yubin said, sighing.

 

 

 

HIIIIIIIIIII :D I FELT LIKE GIVING A CLIFF HANGER. EH HIHI ^.^ SO ANYWAY... SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE!

I LOVE YOU!

PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!