27

Counting Her Days

It started raining when Hyuna got out of the cab infront of Doojoon's house.

"Kamsahabnida!" She bowed, thanking the cabbie after she gave his money for the fair.

She turned and ran towards the entrance of the building, getting a little wet from the rain.

Hyuna raised her fist and knocked on the door but no one answered. Yubin left just before Hyuna came while Doojoon heard but chose to ignore it.

"Oppa!" Hyuna screamed, knocking harder. Doojoon turned the volume of the TV louder hoping it would drown not only Hyuna's voice but also the pitter patter of the rain.

"Oppa!" Hyuna tried again, now kicking the door so it would make more noise.

"Excuse me but can you keep it down?" A neighbor said, coming out of his room and glared at Hyuna.

"Mianhe." She apologized, bowing slightly. She turned and leaned on the door sliding down, planning to wait for someone to open the door. 

Doojoon lowered the volume, wondering if Hyuna really did leave. He couldn't hear anything but he had to make sure. He stood up and made his way to the front door and opened it. 

Hyuna literally fell in and immediately stood up and entered the apartment.

"I thought you left." Doojoon stated, beating himself up for opening the door.

"Oppa, let me explain please!" Hyuna begged.

"Explain what?" Doojoon asked, closing the door.

"Why Jiyeon-"

"Please don't talk about her. How many timed do I have to tell you i don't feel anything for her?" Doojoon asked, glaring at Hyuna.

"Fine but can I atleast see you tomorrow? We still didn't go on that date you asked me on." 

"Of course." Doojoon answered half- heartedly.

"Were you running all the way here?" He asked, taking in Hyuna's appearance. 

"No but I had to use the stairs. The elevator took too long." Doojoon rolled his eyes and went back towards the catch absent-mindedly watching a kids show.

Hyuna sat beside him. Her phone rang indicating she received a message.

Fr: Appa

To: Hyuna

Come back now.

Hyuna sighed, noticing the difference of the text before her dad would include a smiley. Now, it's nothing but a period. A cold and lonely period. 

"Oppa I have to go." Hyuna announced. Doojoon merely nodded his head and sttod up to lead her out.

"Don't forget tomorrow!" Hyuna said.

"I won't." He answered giving her a smile.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------

 

"Appa?" Hyuna spoke, opening the door to Jiyeon's hospital room.

"Oh Hyuna, you're back, come in quick we have something to talk about." Kang - Dae answered gesturing Hyuna to sit across beside Junhyung who was silently talking to Jiyeon with the biggest smile on his face.

"Hyuna! You're here!!" Jiyeon noticed, spreading her arms wide and reaching out to her sister. 

"Y-yeah I am." Hyuna answered approaching Jiyeon and cautiously placing her arms around her sister who looked very fragile.

"Where Jay?" Jiyeon asked, craning her head to see the door and expecting her younger brother to enter.

"He went ahead dear." Misun explained, her heart tightening at the thought of her son.

"Went ahead where?" Jiyeon asked.

"He went to happy land." Junhyung answered, refraining himself from glaring at Hyuna, who sat beside him and visibly tensed.

"Where's happy land?" 

"It's in the other side of the world." Hara answered, coming in the room bringing candy and handed it to Jiyeon who automatically forgot about about 'Happy Land' and Jay's existence.

"Thank you." Junhyung whispered when Hara sat in the otherside of him. Hara smiled and squeezed his fingers, a diamond ring glistening from the light of the room.

"So why are we all here?" Hyuna asked awkwardl, wanting nothing but to leave the room. 

"Well, we have booked a flight tomorrow, we are going to the states for Jiyeon's medications and tests." Kang- Dae replied, surprising Hyuna. 

"What?" She asked, looking at everyone with dspair while Jiyeon was just smiling and eating her candy absent mindedly.

"Well we wanted to ask you if you want to come with us. If you don't we'll just have to refund the ticket it's no problem." Misun continued, talking to both Junhyung and Hyuna.

"Well..." junhyung spoke first and squeezed Hara's hands.

"A hospital wanted to hire me in states and I didn't want to leave Jiyeon because she's like a little sister to me-"

"And since we're getting married Of course we would go with you." Junhung continued. 

"You're getting married!! I have a new unnie!?YAYAAAYAYAYYYY!!" Jiyeon cheered, grabbing Hara's hair and pulling her close.

They all laughed at Jiyeon's reaction and soon congratulated the couple.

"Uh, if you wouldn't mind, can I finish my year in school? there's only a few months left .." Hyuna trailed off.

"Of course you can." Misun answered, smiling at her daughter. though lacking warmth, still full of love.

 

That night was filled with hope. Hope for Jiyeon to be better and hope for a good marraige in the futre. It was filled with laughter while Hyuna was trying hard to rethink her plan.

 

HEEEEEEYY!!!! SORRRRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE! I SHALL UPDATE SOON!

I LOVE YOU!