Start of the chase?

I fell for my vet, she fell for my pet.

Infinite - The Chaser



 

‘EunJi just saw your teaser for your comeback. She wants me to tell you all looked cool. She’ll be supporting you guys and buying your album the day it gets released. I’m just a messenger, her words and actions do not reflect my feelings. That’s all.’ Myungsoo grinned after he read the text message he got from _________. It was the first time she contacted him after he gave her his number in the past. Besides the veterinary’s office phone number, Myungsoo didn’t know _________’s personal cellphone number…and now he does.

‘You sound defensive and in denial. I bet you want a signed cd or maybe a polaroid of me.” Myungsoo was thinking more on how he can reply wittily but then the guys called him out to start their practice so he just settled on sending that short message before putting his phone aside and then joining the members to rehearse.

Myungsoo ran back to check on his phone right after the choreographer gave them a break.

‘Don’t flatter yourself, I only sent that message in behalf of EunJi.’

‘Well you could have just passed my number to her. Wait, she has the numbers of the other members, right? Stop playing, you’re so busted!’ Myungsoo sniggered as he sent the text message then reached for his water bottle. Yes, he chose to pick his phone over rehydrating first.

A minute later _______ replied. ‘FYI, EunJi lost her phone the other day and wouldn’t stop bugging me. I’m ending this conversation now.’

‘Don’t be too hard on yourself by forcing deleting this. I’m sure you’ll want a remembrance of my replies. Should I send a smiley or a heart? ;)’ Myungsoo felt a certain thrill. He was satisfied with his replies and that _______ was taking the time in answering him back.

It wasn’t a surprise that _______ did not answer back anymore and Myungsoo sort of expected that. She texted him first anyway so that was good enough. In his mind, she made the first move.

After hours of practice the guys were relieved to be home. Some immediately went to take a shower, while the others chose to quickly slump down on their beds to sleep.

“Ya you’re freaking me out. Stop smiling creepily at Coco.” Hoya told Myungsoo as he eyed the younger one weirdly after noticing that Myungsoo has been carrying one of their dogs and petting it so sweetly plus baby talking to it.

“Something good must have happened to you that we don’t know since you don’t even look tired.” Woohyun added after drinking water.

“Do you think our dogs need to get a check-up soon?” Myungsoo asked as he played fetch with Coco and Tofu.

“Oh…you mean can you use our pets as an excuse to see Doctor cutie?” Sungyeol laughed as he joined in the conversation after stepping out from the bathroom. More or less the guys have realized that Myungsoo has developed a crush on their dogs’ doctor.

“Doctor what? I’m just thinking about the wellbeing of our three babies.” Myungsoo defended himself.

“Yeah right. Don’t even deny it Myungsoo, you rarely get a crush and that’s why it’s very noticeable when you like someone.” Hoya teased while chewing his food.

“I do not have a crush on that judgmental, biased, sarcastic and not to mention know-it-all woman. Who in the world would like her?! She’s crazy.” Is this all true or is this just a cover up for Myungsoo’s feelings?

“Whatever you say Myungsoo.” Woohyun replied as he laughed and headed towards his room.

 

- A few days later -

“Oh hyung.” Myungsoo bowed as he greeted Taecyeon  as they crossed paths. They were actually on street across the veterinarian’s clinic. Were they possibly going to the same direction?

“Hey Myungsoo, good job on the comeback song.” Taecyeon said as he patted Myungsoo on the shoulder.

“Thank you. So what brings you here?” Myungsoo asked curiously.

“Oh that…” Taecyeon chuckled and took a glance at the place across. “I’m actually going to ________’s.” He said her name so casually as if they were in a close relationship already.

“What a coincidence, I’m also dropping by the vet.” Lie. Myungsoo wasn’t really going to go to the vet, well not yet anyway. After doing a photoshoot and losing a bet, his group-mates ordered  him to buy something for them from the mart. He was just walking back from there and was supposed to get the dogs first before going to ________’s but now his plans have changed. It seems like he won’t let Taecyeon having his own moment with _______, they look close enough already.

 

 

“Oh this is so good. What a way to start my day.” EunJi mumbled to herself as she saw the two gorgeous guys enter the clinic.

“We’ve hit the jackpot again unnie!” EunJi gushed as she let _______ know who their visitors were.

“Hi.” _______ smiled as soon as she saw Taecyeon wave at her. “How’s Chansung’s cat?”

“Ouch. You asked about Jeonggam first before worrying about me??” Taecyeon placed his hand on his chest, acting as if her words really hit his heart badly. His joking manner made _______ laugh before a cough interrupted their ‘moment’.

________ looked past Taecyeon and then saw Myungsoo standing a few feet away from them.

Instead of greeting him with a friendly manner, ________ pointed to Myungsoo’s styled up hair and asked “Why is your hair like that?”

Myungsoo narrowed her eyes at her for a second after he realized the big difference of the way she greeted him compared to Taecyeon. Now why is that?

“Why do you notice the difference as if it’s a big deal? Do you keep tabs on me now my dear fan?” Myungsoo teased ________. His words just made her roll her eyes in annoyance.

“I’m ignoring you now. EunJi talk to him or shoo him away while I talk to Taecyeon.”

“Yah, how can you treat a client that way?!” Myungsoo whined.

“Well you don’t have any of your dogs with you now and you’re not asking any questions related to them nor are you paying for any service or item here so basically you have no business here.” ________ bluntly told Myungsoo making EunJi’s eyes widen at how she was reacting to Myungsoo.  There’s just something about Myungsoo that sets her off. Good thing that there were no customers present to see this attitude coming from _______.

“Well doesn’t that apply to Taecyeon hyung too or are you being biased to him for a reason?” Myungsoo crossed his arms over his chest and tapped his foot. His voice sounded like he was challenging her.

“Well –” Before _______ could give any excuse Taecyeon interrupted her.

“Actually I do. I came here to ask _______ out on a date.” Taecyeon’s admission garnered different reactions from the three.

Myungsoo scoffed, finding the situation unbelievable as his face screamed with the expression ‘Are you kidding me?!’

'Oh My God they both like her.' EunJi gasped in surprise although now confirms her suspicions.

_______ was also shocked and looked at Taecyeon to meet his eyes, asking him if he was serious.

“Yeah, it’s not the way that I planned to ask you out but that is why I’m here. We’re still on a break from our activities and so I would love take advantage of that and treat you to dinner or bring you somewhere to spend time together so we can get to know each other more, so you can hopefully like me in the way that I’ve come to like you.” Taecyeon confessed right there and then.

Myungsoo didn’t know if he wanted to hear _______’s answer but then his phone rang, making everyone’s focus shift on him.

‘This is ridiculous’ Myungsoo muttered under his breath as he stepped out of the place and just went on his way.  Now this walk home will make his mind run with different thoughts.

 

Right after Myungsoo left, Taecyeon asked ________ for her answer “So…would you mind spending a day with me?”

________ looked at EunJi who was unsurprisingly nodding in approval. 

“Sure. Why not? As long as your fans won’t hunt me down though.” ________ answered with a faint smile.

Taecyeon grinned widely, he was obviously very happy and excited while _______ unconsciously looked at the spot where Myungsoo previously stood in just minutes ago.

 



 

So sorry for the long wait. 

Comment replies will resume in the next chapter :) 

Hope you all enjoy this chapter :)