More than meets the eye?

I fell for my vet, she fell for my pet.

To fit the mood of this chapter, you can play this cute song: 

Infinite - Hysterie


 

“What’s taking EunJi so long?” _______ asked out loud even though she was alone in her office. She’s been waiting and expecting EunJi to report to her since she requested for EunJi to contact the company that supplies their medical needs. It shouldn’t have taken more than ten minutes for EunJi to talk to the suppliers on the phone but twenty minutes have passed and EunJi still wasn’t giving her any update.

Unable to wait any longer, _______ stepped out of the small room to see what EunJi was doing.

 

The tap of her rubber shoes on the floor made EunJi plus the guys that pre-occupied her time and mind shift their attention.

“Oh unnie!” EunJi squealed, excitement still written on her face before she recognized the look on her senior’s face, that made her widen her eyes. “Oh crap, I forgot I was on hold…” EunJi now remembered the task that she was assigned to do. She rushed back behind the counter and picked up the phone, no surprise that the person she was waiting for on the other line dropped her call already.

EunJi quietly re-dialed the number and then proceeded to do what she was supposed to do earlier, avoiding first any scolding from the vet she was working for.

“You’re distracting my employee.” ________ told the guy idols that were in front of her.

“I’d like to think that we’re good distractions.” Woohyun said as he stepped forward to hand _________ something.

“What’s this?” ________ asked as she looked down on the ticket now in her hand.

“We’re inviting you, our dog saviors, to our concert that’s happening this weekend.” Hoya gladly informed her.

“Why?”

“As a nice gesture? EunJi’s already excited to go.” Myungsoo answered back. Most people would happily accept the ticket with no questions, but ________ sounded uninterested.

“Great for her, she’s a big fan.”

“You should go with her. We can convert you into being one of our fans as well.” Sungyeol then did a heart shape using his hands, an example of their ‘fan-service’.

In the end, _______ accepted the ticket and thanked the boys but commented that the next time they plan to crash in her work place, they should at least come in when it’s EunJi’s break.

 

 

A very eager EunJi jumped up and down while cheering with the rest of the fans. _______ on the other hand didn’t let herself go wild…that much. She did get surprised with herself when she would shout back enthusiastically every time the members of Infinite asked the crowd if they were having a great time. Infinite really shined on stage. _______ didn’t really know that they had these different charms that really captivated the audience.

Their performance was spectacular and yes, she took note of checking out more of the group’s songs, videos and shows after tonight.

It was no doubt, a very successful concert.

 

The fans only started to leave after the encore stage, the seven guys said their goodbyes and sincerely thanked each and every one who attended the concert. 

 

________ waited in the hallway while waiting for EunJi who was in the ladies bathroom.  

________ started to walk towards one of the stalls that sold drinks when suddenly a person bumped against her shoulder.

“Funny that out of the thousands of people that are here, you really just had to be the one that I bumped into.”  Taecyeon voiced out after he and _________ exchanged apologies for the slight collision.

“Oh, hi to you too.” ________ didn’t catch any sort of hidden meaning that Taecyeon may have put in that sentence. Could have it been fate that made them cross paths? Or did Taecyeon stalk her? Or was is it just pure coincidence?

“So I see you’re off duty from saving our furry friends.” Taecyeon joked as he continued to make some small talk.

_______ saw that Taecyeon eyed the light stick that she had in one of her hands so she tried to hide it behind her back as if she was embarrassed.

“Yeah they invited me and EunJi, a nurse from my clinic, she’s a huge fan and so she really screamed her lungs and heart out tonight.” ________ informed Taecyeon with a small laugh in the end.

“So can I expect you to show up in one of our concerts when I invite you too?”

“That depends. You have to invite EunJi too, she’s practically a big fan girl for most idol groups.” _______ knew that EunJi would be the one who’ll really be able to appreciate anyone’s concert, and it won’t be fun to go without her. She practically treated EunJi as a younger sister, she really can brighten up a room. ________ wished she was like EunJi at times, that girl knew how to enjoy her life.

“______ unnie!!” And just like that, the person that Taecyeon and ________ were just speaking of showed up, briskly walking towards her boss.

“Hey, the concert already ended and you’re still that hyper?” ________ said as EunJi stood  beside her and before she could forget, _______ introduced Taecyeon and EunJi to each other.

“Of course I know him. He’s the beastly idol Ok Taecyeon of 2PM.” EunJi then started to enumerate her favorite songs from Taecyeon’s group .

“It’s a deal. At least she can educate you about us.” Taecyeon told ________, answering back to what she told him earlier about having to tag EunJi along.

“Sorry to cut your little chit-chat and don’t get me wrong Taecyeon-shi, I love 2PM and all but I just got a text message from one of the Infinite guys and they’re inviting us to see them backstage. I’m guessing you can come with since you’re a star and they obviously know you.” EunJi stated and started to drag ________ and Taecyeon to the direction of the dressing room.

 

“Oh Taecyeon hyung is here a long with EunJi and _______ noona.” SungJong informed his group mates since he was the only one facing the door as the group shared their late meal.

The guys greeted their music senior and as well as their guests.

“So…what did you think?” Myungsoo asked as he casually sat next to _______.

“I can say that if I paid for my ticket, it would have been well worth it.” ________ replied with a smile, making Myungsoo smile back.

“Before I forget, who’s taking care of the dogs tonight?” ________ asked as she narrowed her eyes at him suspiciously, she couldn’t help but wonder.

“Oh relax, they’re being well taken care of.” Myungsoo shook his head as he felt that ________ was questioning his love for their pets again. “You’re such a killjoy.” Myungsoo then went back to the others to bring his mood up again.

‘What is this love-hate relationship we’re having?’ _______’s mind blurted out, that single thought made her stop and tilt her head. ‘love-hate relationship? Love? Relationship? He’s just a client that annoys me.’

“Hey…” Taecyeon made _______ break away from her thoughts as he started to catch up with her. He certainly made an effort to not waste their ‘random’ meeting tonight.

What they didn’t know and notice is that one guy had certain thoughts while observing the two at the corner of his eye. ‘I think I’ve known her longer than him but why is it that they seem closer to each other while we only bicker.’


 

Sorry for the looong wait!

~Comment Replies~

imaginedreamlove: Haha your reaction is just too cute!! Okay lang yan, mas expressive sometimes if it's in our own language.haha  ;)

or Fangirl language: ASKLGKLDHSQ. lol

Flirty Taec in this chapter again ;)

Rirakuma: awww...thank you! Yeah, even though the title gives away the story, I just really found it too cute not to use. I'm glad that caught your attention :)

anj_yesung: Haha yeah I'm happy a lot of you liked that scene ;)

Alina1225: Yup, at least the feeling is starting to get more noticeable ;)

I loved that scene too :)

 

awww...well at least you two have a cat connection.hehe :)

pandagirl753:  Happy you felt that way ;) I loved the scenes from the last chapter too :)

ColaSmackles: Maybe she'll soften up to him very soon ;)

 

haha I love making you guys feel that way regarding the love triangle.

 

Due to popular demand, I'm thinking of making another Donghae story, but maybe a short one? :)

celine_neji: Love-hate relationship ;) That's a good save / excuse from Myungsoo, right?haha