Late night clients = new friends

I fell for my vet, she fell for my pet.

________ was in the middle of closing the lights off the clinic when she heard the door chime alert her of someone who just entered the place. She turned and saw two tall guys, one of them holding a cat, walked closer to her and asked if she was still open or if she was already done for the night.

Now ________ was never the type to turn down clients even though it’s late at the night, whether she’s alone or even when she is so close to locking the door. She wouldn’t want to hear from anyone that their pets’ condition got worse because she wasn’t available, that would surely crush her.

Even though it may be hard work at times, _______ never really complained because she loved her profession. Cliché as it may sound, she was not it was not for the money but it was because she was passionate about it.

Besides she didn’t really have an exciting night life. Most of the time, she goes straight home, gets greeted by her dogs or by her parents when they’re in town.

“No, it’s fine. How may I help you?” She asked them after switching on the majority of the lights again. After seeing the guys more clearly, she realized that they were not just ‘ordinary people’.

What is it with her clinic and popular singers nowadays? If EunJi was there with her, she would have squealed already.

“Well my cat, Jeonggam, has been coughing more than usual for the past few days. I thought it was just one incident after he drank water, but it happened several times after. He’s not eating much nowadays too. I just want to make sure if that’s normal or if there is something that needs to be done.” The person holding the cat informed ________ of his worries.

_______ acknowledged what the guy told her and excused herself just for a few seconds to get her bag filled with equipment.

“By the way, I’m Taecyeon and this is Chansung. Sorry for coming in so late, it seemed like you were already leaving.” Taecyeon told _______ although he didn’t really need to.

“It’s okay, really.” She answered back with a smile before getting the cat from Chansung’s hands and placed him on the table.

After assessing the situation _______ rubbed the cat from its belly to the throat. She repeated that act until the cat started to produce a gagging sound, and there Jeonggam coughed out a big nasty hairball.

“There, he’s all better.” _______ then gave the cat two bowls to choose from, water and milk. _______ explained that the cat just suffered a bad case of hairball and then gave them tips on how to prevent hairballs.

She didn’t charge them for any of her services, they only paid for the medicine and a kilogram of the anti-hairball cat food that they wanted Jeonggam to try, to see if there’ll be improvement on his fur.

 

Hmmm…did you see how differently she treated Chansung and Taecyeon compared to the time Myungsoo came to see her?

 

“We just finished working and went straight here after someone recommended your services to us.” Taecyeon told _______ after Chansung thanked and paid her.

“Really? May I ask who?” _______ asked curiously.

Guess who? It turned out that the animal clinic was recommended to the guys by no other than Myungsoo. Yeah, that’s right. The guy who claimed that he wouldn’t return to the vet he labeled as crazy.

‘He talked about me? Is this some kind of reverse psychology? Did he let them come here so I’ll be thankful to him?’ _______ had those kinds of thoughts at the back of her mind while still having a small talk with the two guys.

She laughed when Taecyeon tried to impress her by showing his ‘impressive illustrating skills’ as he drew his version of cats, an Okcat.

 

The guys offered to buy her coffee and drive her home since it was already late at night and they felt like they already disturbed her enough, but she kindly refused them. Taecyeon wasn’t going to take her no for an answer so he gave her a choice, either she’ll let them drive her home or they’ll follow her until she reaches her apartment, both options unfavorable to _______.

In the end, _______ sat on the passenger seat, Chansung and his cat sat on the back, making Taecyeon the driver.

_______ found herself laughing and feeling comfortable in the presence of the two stars. Besides having Infinite, the guys from 2PM were actually just her second encounter with anyone famous. She was actually surprised when Taecyeon asked for her number, saying that it’s for the next time they’d need her expertise for the pets of the other members.

Chansung sniggered at the back of the car, knowing already why his hyung is acting that way.

________ didn’t notice how the maknae of the group and Taecyeon exchanged looks through the rearview mirror.

Hmmm…will this mean something big in the future?


At first I thought of using Jaejoong because he also has a cat (Jiji who is as popular as him I think.haha) but then I remembered that Taecyeon had a lot of votes during my last poll so I’ll be using him here for a potential love triangle. Yay or Nay?

Comment below and tell me what you guys think.

 

Everyone who responded wanted me to keep the blanks, therefore, I will keep the blanks ;) I'm like you girls too...when I see the blanks my mind easily gets to replace / insert my name there.haha ;) It's automatic.lol

 

Btw guys, even though I'm experiencing a case of writers block, I'm itching to post a new story.haha

If you remember the poll / blog post, I super want to start on "The Kind Of Man You Shouldn't Fall For...." a.k.a my best friend’s boyfriend.haha but I'm restraining myself. Maybe I'll just start on that next month. 

Oh well, now I'm going to continue finishing the one-shot requests I have. Hope to update 2 this weekend, my way of trying to make up for the lack of upates for that story collection. Ugh. writers block.

Hope you all enjoyed this update.

~Comment Replies~

RilenA: *waves* HI! ^_^

Okay, thanks for letting me know how you felt ;)

Hope you enjoyed the update :)

kyuyul: Heeey ^_~

YAY! This time, she gets to bond with someone else:)

 

Thanks for voting! :) I'm happy that you get to imagine yourself as the star of this story ^_^

Myungsoo will definitely work hard for you ;)

pandagirl753: YAY! haha Their hard work paid off ;)

anj_yesung: hmmm...will he do a lot more to be noticed? ;) haha I hope to put more cute moments in the future chapters :)

cupidzangel: That observation seems true ;) Will jealousy get to him though if he sees her with another guy?

ColaSmackles: Haha he seems to have figured out something ;)

Thanks for letting me know sweetie ;) I feel the same way, haha my mind automatically replaces the blanks with my plain old name.lol

 

Hmmm...I plan to give hints on the chapters when Myungsoo slowly gets to acknowledge his feelings. ;)

Love ya <3