Out to impress

I fell for my vet, she fell for my pet.

 Sung Jun - Jaywalking (Shut Up Flower Boyband ost)



 

________ unconsciously stopped walking and stared at what she saw at the park. She usually walks the same pathway to go towards her workplace, which is the animal clinic, but today something different caught her eye.

There he was, Myungsoo, cleaning up his dogs ‘dirty business’ while his other hand held on to the leash of the dog. Based on the expression on Myungsoo’s face, he was not happy and clearly not used to dealing with this kind of issue, which made _______ laugh.

“Coco annyeong!” _______ cheerfully called the dog making him shift his attention from the owner to the veterinarian.

Myungsoo’s eyes widened as the leash slipped from his hand when Coco rushed to run to where _______ is.

_______ bent when Coco stopped and sat in front of her. She patted his head as she got the other end of his leash, waiting for Myungsoo to come closer to pick Coco up.

“It’s good to see that you’re actually taking measures into focusing on your dog now.” ________ commented as she handed Coco’s leash back to Myungsoo.

“You know you really just caught me off guard that time. I take care of my pets, okay? We actually have two other dogs besides Coco.” Myungsoo informed ________.

“Seriously?! Well I want you to bring them to the clinic, who knows how they’re doing.” _______ replied, half-serious, half-joking.

“Contrary to what you think, the guys and I are actually good pet owners.”

“I’ll have to see it to believe it.” She answered back before going on her way.  

Myungsoo felt competitive and wanted to win, he wanted to show her how wrong she is.

He walked Coco back to the dorm and immediately told the members of his group to help him to give their dogs a bath and feed them until their satisfied.

He may have exaggerated a bit to pump up his hyungs about why he suddenly wanted to groom their dogs.

“Remember the vet I told you? She saw me and Coco earlier and when I mentioned that we had other dogs…well I won’t go into detail about what she said but her reaction would offend you guys. She doesn’t think we’re capable of taking care of Coco, let alone have other dogs. We don’t want Infinite’s name to get ruined, right?”

After his speech, everyone distributed the work load and started to get down to business.

Most of them were dog lovers and it would look bad for them if news about them being bad pet owners spreads, people would obviously think that they put up a fake front for ‘Birth of a Family’ when that isn’t the truth.

Good thing that they were on a much needed vacation and that this task to ‘settle’ things won’t be a bother to them.

“Tonight, right after we finish everything, we’ll head towards that veterinarian’s clinic and we’ll show her how our pets are lucky to have us.” Dongwoo said before lifting one of the dogs and headed to the bathroom.

 

As it turned out, everyone became tired after accomplishing everything on their ‘We’re great owners, our pets have no regrets’ list. It isn’t easy trying to handle three active, playful, stubborn dogs.

During their baths, each of them try and successfully escape more than once from the tub making the guys to run after them before wetting everything on the floor. And then there’s that issue of drying them wherein the dogs also run for their lives when they’re in the middle of being towel-dried or when they have blow-dryer inches away from them. It kind of seemed like their dorm became a rowdy playground, the guys definitely had a work-out.

“Let’s have a change of plan. Let us show ourselves off with our happy dogs first thing tomorrow morning.” Woohyun suggested as he lay flat on the floor a long with the other members. They nodded in agreement, too tired to even speak or move to rest on their beds.

“Oww!” The maknae rolled over as the dogs trampled over him. The dogs were still running around, oblivious as to how their energy drained their masters.

“Ugh…tell me again why we he had to pressure ourselves into doing these tasks all at once? We usually have our helper to do her job…which is to help us.” Sunggyu finally spoke up.

“Are we practicing to become groomers?” Hoya uttered.

“It’s to impress that lady vet.” Myungsoo, the cause of all of this, reminded everyone.

“All this for just one person? Well she better recognize our efforts.” Sungyeol mumbled.

 

True to their word, the guys coolly walked to go to the animal clinic early in the morning.

EunJi was in the middle of sweeping when the bell rang, indicating that someone entered their place.

Her jaw dropped, her eyes sparkled and she immediately blushed at the sight of the group of good looking guys.

“Unnie! We have VIP clients!” EunJi tried to contain her inner fangirl squeal as she entered ________’s work space making ________ raise her eyebrow at her intern.

Curious, _______ went out to see who was making her nurse react like that again.

Seven guys made themselves comfortable on the couches provided. Of course she recognized them and also noticed the three dogs that they brought with them.

“So…do our dogs look healthy and happy enough for you?” Myungsoo smirked as he was the one to break the ice.



Infinite's day at the vet will be continued in the next chapter so I hope you look forward to that ^_^ 

 

~Comment Replies~ 

 

anj_yesung: Haha it's okay ;) 
awww...sweet! Thanks :)
cupidzangel: Thanks :) I'm glad you think so ;) I can wait to write the scene where in he realizes why though.lol 
pandagirl753: awww...thank you :) 
Her attitude will definitely be a problem for Myungsoo.lol