Emergency

I fell for my vet, she fell for my pet.

 

“We already talked to your partner two weeks ago. I thought she already agreed to extend the deadline of our payment to next month?” Gong Yoo, the (other) veterinarian who’s in charge when ________’s not in, spoke up. He was losing his patience since the owner of the building where the vet clinic is located has been pestering them for the past hour now.

“Well it wasn’t me who you talked to and I am firm with my rules. I’ve seen people go in and out of this place so I’m pretty sure that you have what I want.” The landlord roamed around the area before trying to force Eunji to open up the cash registrar.

“Sir, I’m telling you we are doing everything to pay the rent as soon as possible.” ________ heard EunJi’s voice as soon as she stepped in the clinic.

“As soon as possible is very much different from right now!” The building owner now raised his voice and that’s when ________ appeared behind him.

“What’s going on here?!” ________ demanded to know what’s currently happening in her workplace. The clinic is practically her baby and so whatever happens that is connected to it affects her seriously.

Everyone’s attention turned to _______ as the landlord turned around to face her.

“I was just telling your associates that the rent needs to be paid, right here, right now.”

“And didn’t they just tell you why we can’t? Don’t you understand our situation? If we had loads of money then I’d be happy to throw it at you right now.” _________ replied with a harsh tone, not backing down to the guy who’s somewhat responsible for letting them open their vet. She never liked the building owner anyway but she had no other choice, the building was located in a good area and the rent was cheaper than others.

He scoffed before his eyes examined ________ from head to toe before disgustingly spitting on her shoes and then threatened them. “If I don’t get any amount right now then you will see all of the stuff and animals here outside tomorrow morning.”

“How much do you need?!!” Another person’s loud voice joined in the conversation. Everyone’s head turned and saw a famous singer standing right in front of the door, it turns out that ________’s client who made a surprise appearance entered the door right when the landlord spat on _________.

Right after the rude and shameless mister announced the amount he wanted, ________ sternly told him to not pay attention to the artist and that she’s the only one in position to pay.

“Well I don’t see you being the authorized one now. I’ll listen to anyone who’s willing to pay the price.”

“Give me five minutes to give you what you need so that we won’t have to stand seeing your face anymore.”

“There is no ‘WE’ here Myungsoo! I don’t need anything from you so just go back to your place.” ________’s rage shifted to Myungsoo,

“Look _______, I didn’t come here to watch any kind of drama. I’m losing my patience and-” The landlord got cut off when ________ brought out a letter-size envelope from her bag and shoved it hard against his chest.

“That’s enough to cover two months’ worth of rent. I believe I now have the right to force you to step out of the door in five seconds…unless you want me to call the police.”

“Next time I will not allow nor tolerate this kind of thing to happen. We’re all doing business here and I don’t like wasting my time.” The guy still couldn’t shut his mouth even when he was on his way out.

Everyone sighed out of relief, if not out of stress, as soon as the guy was nowhere to be seen.

 

After getting her bearings, ________ saw that Myungsoo was still inside their office, he looked at her with a blank face.

“Thank you for the offer but we’ll get by without your help. I’m sorry if I shouted at you, I didn’t mean to.” _______ sincerely apologized for lashing out on him.

“I don’t mean to cut in unnie but where did you get the money?” Eunji wanted to talk more about the important matters.

“I rented out my apartment to some students who wanted to live near the college. The money was from their deposit. I’m moving out in two days.” ________ casually informed her colleagues.

“What?! You didn’t have to do such an extreme thing.  Where do you plan to stay??” Gong Yoo asked, worried and stressed that _______ had to sacrifice.

“I’ll be staying at the spare room here.” ________ referred to the room where they let the clients who would like to stay in with their confined pets or those who’d like to wait for their pets to give birth.

“I don’t understand. How are you guys not making enough?” Myungsoo asked, baffled since he didn’t know what was truly happening within the clinic.

“There was a break-in a few months back, and then one of the pipes leaked not too long ago causing some expensive repairs, we haven’t fully financially recovered. Talk about a streak of bad luck huh.” ________ shrugged afterwards.

Feeling bad, Myungsoo wanted to chip in. “What can I do to help?”

“We’ll be fine. At least I won’t have to see that bastard for the next few weeks. We’ll make it.” _______ answered back, determination could be felt from her voice.

“I’ll bring in the dogs tomorrow.” Myungsoo suddenly said making _______ shake her head in disagreement.

“Myungsoo, there’s no need for that if you just want to look for a reason to donate. It’s not like I’m going to take advantage of your pets and try hard to find something wrong with them just to squeeze out money from you. I’m not that kind of person. We’re not businessmen here, we are simply just people who love, help and serve animals. We don’t charge a ridiculously high amount because we know that caring for pets shouldn’t be expensive.” ________ genuinely told Myungsoo her mission and vision.

“I don’t want to continue this kind of talk anymore, it’s making me feel down.” Eunji pouted before continuing “Let’s just switch the topic to you unnie, I’m sorry we had to pull you out from your date with Taecyeon. How did it go anyway?” EunJi smiled in anticipation as she waited for _______ to share tidbits from her date earlier, she also looked forward to seeing Myungsoo’s reaction.

“Wait…I texted you earlier. Does that mean you spent your day off from work with Taecyeon hyung? You were with him when you replied?” Myungsoo couldn’t help but also be curious and feel…something. According to his mind it wasn’t jealousy but we all know better, right?

“We just went out to watch a movie and chilled at a café when you called. And to answer your question Myungsoo, yes, you guessed correctly.”

“Ooohh a date in the cinema can only mean being close to each other in a dark place. Did he put his arm around you? Or did he casually put his hand on your knee? Or maybe you two didn’t focus on the movie and did something else?” Gong Yoo teased making them all temporarily forget the serious incident that just happened.

“Did…did those things really happen in the theater?” Myungsoo’s eyes widened by the second as he heard Gong Yoo point out different possible scenarios.

“Ahhh unnie you’re living my dream! Maybe you two would have kissed in the end if only we didn’t interrupt…or maybe it still did?” Eunji exclaimed.

“You three are crazy.” ________ shook her head.

“YA! You didn’t answer my questions!”

“Silence means yes maybe?” Gong Yoo voiced out his opinion one last time before _______ closed the door to the spare room.  



 

Used the actor Gong Yoo because I’m currently watching the Kdrama, Big :)

Hopefully you all enjoy this update ^_^

 

~Comment Replies~

SaranghaeIloveyou: Well it wasn't really about him but he is still somewhat connected to it ;)

pandagirl753: I'm glad you liked the date :) hmmm...should there be another date soon? with who?haha ;)

annyeoooong:Myungsoo did make an appearance in that emergency ;) I like his jealous moments too :) More in the future? ;)

infinitely-yours: awww...thank you so much!! So happy you're loving my story ^_^ Well here's a little moment with Myungsoo for now. There'll be  more in the future :)

 

P.S. While reading your username, I unconsciously added Seoul in the end ;)

anj_yesung: Let's see if there'll be a date with Myungsoo in the near future ;)

ColaSmackles: Now you know ^_~

Taecyeon is definitely charming and cool, right? :)

 

Hope you enjoy this update :) bogoshipo

xlnceline: He's still in denial with what he's feeling.haha ;)

cupidzangel: What a cute reaction!!haha It can't be helped nor avoided to imagine your bias trying to woo you ;)

nizzyool: Well he is not the reason for the emergency but he is kind of connected to it? :)

KPOPWAYOFLIFE: Haha and again may I say that I love you shipping those two! :)

You like Myungsoo but maybe love Taecyeon?haha