A war like cats vs. dogs from the beginning?

I fell for my vet, she fell for my pet.

 

After sensing that there was something odd about their dog, Infinite’s Myungsoo went to the pet clinic near his dorm to have the dog checked out.

“Excuse me…” He called out to the person behind the counter.

“Oh my gosh, what’s wrong with your dog??” The nurse intern quickly went out of her cubicle to gently scoop the dog from Myungsoo.

“Yeah, I came here expecting you’d be the one to tell me what’s happening with him.” He said in a cold tone.

The person paid little attention to his attitude and brought in the dog to the room where the veterinarian was since she knew that something had to be done fast.

 

EunJi, the nurse came back out and told Myungsoo to wait for the findings of the veterinarian.

“You brought him just in time. Your dog is getting immediate veterinary attention now so please wait in the lounge. Don’t worry, unnie’s a great vet.” The nurse assured Myungsoo before giving him a form to fill out.

He wrote down his necessary contact information before proceeding to write the basic info that he knew about Coco.

After more than half an hour, Myungsoo was called in by the intern to enter the room where Coco is in.

“What’s wrong with him?” Myungsoo curiously asked to the veterinarian who just injected an IV drip on to one of his legs.

“Are you the owner of Coco?” _______ turned around to face Myungsoo after petting the dog on its head.

“Yes.”

“Okay. I just want to ask some questions first. How many times does he eat?” She asked before clicking her pen, ready to jot down necessary notes based on Myungsoo’s answers.

“Uhm...I’m not sure, a lot I guess? The food bowl is just out in the living room.” Myungsoo answered back before walking towards Coco.

“How about his water? Does it get changed often?” ______ asked again.

“The maid does that so I don’t know.”

“Okay then. Has he been playful or has he been lethargic recently?”

“I don’t know. Recently, the household keeper has been the one in our apartment more than we spend in a day, we’re usually out because of our busy schedules so I don’t get to attend to my dogs that often. When I am home, I tend to be too tired to take care of my dog.” Myungso replied as he Coco’s body, letting the puppy know that he’s there for him.

“Your dog? You don’t even sound like you really spend time with him.” ________ couldn’t help but answer that back. She knows that she should remain calm and professional but she really dislikes it when people don’t seem to really know their pets.

“Excuse me?” Myungsoo raised an eyebrow at her.

“Coco just showed weakness because of a simple reason, dehydration.”  The doctor informed him. “Right now, the IV’s purpose is to replace fluids that he lost. I’ve also given him electrolyte solution.” She informed him as she watched how he interacted with his pet now.

“When can he get out?”

“I want him to stay overnight for observation. Maybe by tomorrow night, he’ll be good to go. I’ll also be giving you prescriptions of what he needs to fully recover at your home so please do buy them.” _______ wrote down different vitamins including brewer’s yeast for Myungsoo to buy for his dog.

Myungsoo did not smile at her, and neither was she smiling at him. Both of them seemed to have a competition on who can give the coldest impression.

‘As a person in this line of work, shouldn’t she be nice and friendly to people?’ Myungsoo thought while continuing to be by Coco’s side.

 

“Ugh. I hate it when people just buy dogs for the sake of having cute pets and then not fully be responsible for them. They are neither trophies nor just stuff toys.” She mumbled. She hates it when people bring in their dogs and not know the details about taking care of them because they let the household keeper do all the job.

Myungsoo scoffed hearing the majority of her words. He couldn’t just stand back and say or do nothing. “Ya, shouldn’t you be nice to me since I am going to be paying you?!”

“YA?! I’m probably older than you and I am a doctor so you should speak more formal to me.” She snapped before ripping off the prescription paper from her pad and handed it over to Myungsoo.

‘She doesn’t seem to look a lot older than me.’ Myungsoo thought before replying.

“Well I’m a popular artist so you should also be nicer to me. And shouldn’t you respect paying clients? Wow I can’t believe I met such a vet.” He muttered the last sentence under his breath.

“I can say the same thing.” She expressed before opening the door and walking out of the room to inform her intern about Myungsoo’s bill.

“Mianhe Coco, but you have to feel better soon, alright? We’ll miss you in the dorm so get well here. I’ll be back for you tomorrow so don’t be influence by that doctor.” Myungsoo kissed Coco’s head softly in which the dog responded with a slight wag of tail. Myungsoo then went out of the room to follow where ________ went.

Before he could even try to pick a fight with her, another customer entered the clinic and caught both their attention.

“Hi Joongki-shi. And hello to you again cutie!” She greeted the dog after she greeted its owner.

“Wow. Is she bipolar?” Myungsoo expressed as he saw the big difference in her attitude.

She acted very different and super nice to that person compared to how she talked to him.

“What is she here for?” _______ asked as the yellow Labrador raised its paw as if trying to shake her hands.

“Oh I just dropped her here for grooming.” Joongki smiled at her.

“Okay then. I’ll do a quick check up before we groom her. You can come back after an hour and a half.” _______ then got the leash from Joongki.

“Alright, thanks _______. Just let EunJi call my number when she’s ready.”

 

_______’s smile faded when she turned around and saw Myungsoo looking at her weirdly.

“You can go now. Don’t worry, I’m treating your dog opposite of how I treat you. I happen to like Coco.” She told him before walking the Labrador towards the grooming to station to let one of the handlers give her a bath.

“Hey I’m not a bad owner.” He called out to her but she just waved him off.

Myungsoo would dread to meet the veterinarian again, he’ll certainly do his best to pass the obligation of picking up Coco tomorrow to one of his group mates. Let them get on her bad side and feel her judging them.

Honestly, Myungsoo was affected that ________ thinks lowly of him, she judged him based on his lack of knowledge about Coco’s recent activity. What she didn’t know was that people actually praised him and the rest of Infinite for adopting the poor puppy just a few months ago.