Chapter 9

Time To Love [Hiatus]

Sunghee stretched in the early evening sun with a sigh. It had been a long since she could stretched in the sun. She had been too busy with school or him to hang out with her friends. Smiling contendedly, she applied sunscreen on herself then lay back onto the red striped towel. She sighed and lay back down. With a small smile on her face, Sunghee drifted off into slumber land.

A wave of icy, cold water hit Sunghee's face and aroused her from her sleep. She sat up and screamed, arousing the attention of nearby people. She flipped her hair out of her face to see Sungjong and Sungyeol clutching their stomachs and laughing. "Did you see her face?" Sungyeol asked between peals of laughter. Sungjong, who had toned his laughter down, broke out into laughter again.

Sunghee sat cross-legged and glared at them, waiting for them. "You guys done yet?" she growled. "Jamkaman," Sungjong told her then broke out into a series of girlish giggles. He nodded, "Now I'm done." They plopped themselves down onto the towel. "What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be working?" Sunghee mocked them.

Sungjong flashed her a smile, "Ani, our shift just ended." Sunghee rolled her eyes and told them to elsewhere, grumbling that she wanted to rest. "Wae? Don't want to catch up with your best friend and 'boyfriend'?" Sungyeol copied her mocking tone. Sighing, she sat up and gave up, "FIne, ok ok. I want to ok?"

Smiling triumphantly, the two Sung brothers high-fived and started chatting. Sunghee smiled, thinking, 'I forgot how it was like to talk to them.' She laughed at the two of them as they quarrelled over what flavoured milk was better, banana or strawberry. They turned to her, "What tastes better?"

Sunghee laughed again and shook her head, "I prefer neither." Sungjong clapped his hands like he remembered something, "Ara, you prefer chocolate right?" She nodded. Their conversation was interrupted by Sunghee's message ringtone.

Niga isseoya man yeogiga Paradise~

Sunghee unlocked her phone and read the message. The two Sung brothers watched as she raised her eyebrows. She looked at their curious faces. "Appa and Omma wants to meet us," Sunghee told Sungjong. "Jinjja? Now?" he asked. She sighed and nodded her head. She packed up her stuff. "Kaja," Sungjong said and pulled her up. "Yah, what about me?" Sungyeol cried as he scrambled up and followed the chatting twins. She just laughed and hooked arms with the two. "Balli ka!" she cried as she dragged them along to the dorms.

"Oh, you stay here? Shouldn't you be staying in hotel. Presidential suite?" Sungyeol asked. Sunghee shook her head, "Ani. I want to be closer to you guys~" she said with an overly fake smile. "Ahhh..." he nodded. Naturally, they strolled into Sunghee's room as they chatted. She stopped abruptly and the boys slammed into her but she did not budge. "Hee-ah, wae geurae?" Sungjong asked her.

Sunghee spun around, "What are you doing in my room?" The next thing thing they did creeped her out severely. The two leaned toward her and asked, "Eh?" She mentally face-palmed herself because of their 'teamwork' as she pushed their faces out of her face. "I need to change. Balli ka!" she screamed in their faces. Laughing at their expressions, she slammed the door in their faces.

"It's not like I haven't seen you !" Sungjong shouted at her and left with Sungyeol, laughing along the way. Sunghee groaned and face-palmed herself. The whole corridor would have heard him.

-----

Sunghee smoothed down her dress as she followed the waiteress to the conference room. The waiter bowed slightly as he opened the door. She nodded her head in thanks and entered the room. "Appa, Omma, Oppa," Sunghee greeted them then hugged them one by one before taking a seat in the chair that a waiter had pulled out. Mrs Lee smiled warmly at her across the table from the right of her husband, "Glad you're back."

Sunghee nodded as her father ordered some food. "How was Stanford?" he asked. Sunghee nodded, "Gweanchana." Mrs Lee pressed on, "How did you find them? The courses?" She nodded in reply. The talk about Stanford suddenly reminding her of him.

Sunghee faked a smile, hoping no one would notice. Fortunately for her, no one did. They continued having a light conversation as they ate. "Oh," Mrs Lee exclaimed, "How are you and Kimbum?" The small smile slipped off Sunghee's face. She felt a stab in a chest.

"We... Broke up," she hesitated before replying. "Hmmm..." Mr and Mrs Lee hummed in response. Sungjong stared at her, pityingly. "I-I don't want your pity. I only blame myself for not seeing," Sunghee whispered but they picked it up in the silent room. "Eh?" Mrs Lee tried clarifying. She shook her head and tried to control her tears, "I'm going out for some fresh air." She bowed before walking out of the french doors to the balcony.

Sunghee took in a deep breathe to calm herself down. She leaned on the cold, metal railing and sighed. She had to forget him. She had made a promise to herself. Afterall, he was just one of the other players who threw away girls whenever they wanted. Her friends had warned her against him but Sunghee had fallen head-over-heels for him. She fell for his sugar-coated words.

"He loved me? Yeah, right," Sunghee scoffed at herself. She smacked her head and buried it between her hands. "Hee-ah, gweanchana?" Mrs Lee called out, "The food's here." She steeled herself and wiped away some of the tears that had managed to leak out. "Deh," she chorused and entered the room again.


Anyone got a good fic or show to recommend? I just finished watching Running Man. While waiting for the next episode, I want to watch another show.

Thanks for the comments!! Love you guys! heart

Please comment and subscribe!! : D