Chapter 3

Time To Love [Hiatus]

Sunghee opened her eyes and was blinded by the bright light. She struggled to push herself up. It was a room that was entirely white. It contained a white chair and a white table. She walked to the table. On top of it was a piece of paper. Sunghee hesitated before picking up.

It explained that she was currently unconcious and would only gain her conciousness when she was saved. Sunghee scoffed but continued reading. The letter ended aruptly, causing her to exclaim, "Bwoh-yah?! Why am I here?" She crushed the letter and threw it on the floor before stomping childishly on it. She let out a "Hmph!" and took a seat on the floor after crossing her arms.

Seconds ticked by and Sunghee grew more impatient, "I wish I had a lollipop." To her surprise, one materialised in front of her and dropped into her open palm. It was her favourite-strawberry flavour. She ripped open the wrapper and placed it into . Being trained from young, she looked for a dustbin, "Can I have a dustbin?" It promptly appeared beside her and she threw it in.

Pain shot through young Sunghee's head suddenly. She cried out and clutched her head. She shut her eyes as a strong wind whipped through the room. Then, it all stopped. Sounds of people weeping and the beeps seemed to trickle in, as if the forcefield around her was fading.

Sunghee's eyes fluttered open and was blinded yet again by white light. "Omona, she's awake," she heard her mother's voice say. She tried to push herself up and a few pairs of gentle hands immediately helped her. She observed her surroundings. It seemed that she was in a hospital ward.

Curious, Sunghee opened to ask but only a hoarse croak came out. Sunghee's hands flew to her thraot as she attempted to speak again. Her mother's knees buckled but her father caught her in time.

"Maybe she needs water," Appa suggested before walking off to pour a cup for her. Sungjong swung himself onto the bed. "Gweanchana?" he asked worriedly. Sunghee gave a small nod then tilted her head back to drink the water Appa was feeding her. She tested her vocal chords and was relieved to find that she could still talk.

"So, what happened?" Sunghee asked curiously. Appa sighed, "You were kidnapped by six men. Luckily, you pressed the emergency/tracking button so we were able to find you so quickly. Unfortunately, Halmoni was shot." At that point, Sunghee's suspicions grew as Appa paused and seemed to hesitate.

He sat next to her and her hair fondly. "She bled to death." Sunghee felt as if her heart had been ripped out. She froze, not noticing that tears were running down her face or that Omma had also started crying.

End of Flashback

"Halmoni, I'm so sorry. I didn't protect you," Sunghee sobbed. Halmoni smiled gently, "Gweanchana, it's not your fault." There was a beep suddenly as Halmoni jumped. She reached into her pocket and extracted what looked like an iPhone. Sunghee pointed to it and Halmoni nodded, "Deh, it's an iPhone. Must keep up with the trend."

She opened a message then turned to Sunghee, "Hee-ah, annyeong. Hope I don't see you again." She looked at Halmoni, confused. Before she could say anything, pain pounded her head. She clutched her head with a cry and fell onto the floor. Strong winds enveloped her. Then, it stopped.

Cries of "Omona, Oppa is so brave!" and "Omo, is she okay?" seemed to seep in like the barrier around her were breaking. Sunghee opened her eyes... Only to be blinded by a bright white light. She rolled her eyes with a scoff, "Chincha? I've had enough of blinding bright white lights."