Chapter 2

Time To Love [Hiatus]

Sunghee groaned and opened her eyes. She was almost blinded by the bright light. She blinked a few times as she pushed heself into a standing position. Looking around, she realised that she was in an entirely white room. Heck, even she herself was in a slightly off-white silk dress.

There was a table with a computer chair. The person sitting on it had her back facing Sunghee. Even her hair peeping over the top of the chair and heels were white. Sunlight streamed in from the massive window behind the table.

Sunghee felt a sense of deja vu as she hesistanted before speaking, "Excuse me, manim?" She was referring to the person sitting on the chair. She took small, scared steps. The person jerked, as though awakening from a slumber. It seemed all too familiar. "Ah, you're awake," a familiar, soothing voice resounded.

Sunghee's eyes widened. It couldn't possibly be. The lady whirled around. There sat an extremely familiar lady in the typical white office attire. She felt a tear slip down her face as she stared at the lady. "Halmoni," she choked up and ran past the table to hug sit on her lap and hug her. Halmoni chuckled, "Aigoo, my baby has grown up." She Sunghee's hair as the latter cried and wet her white suit.

"Jwisonghabnida halmoni, I wet your suit," Sunghee managed to croak out as halmoni wiped her tears in tender . Sunghee was enjoying the warmth of her grandmother's embrace when the the latter cleared awkwardly, "Hee-ah, your all grown up now... So is your weight." Sunghee's eyes snapped open and she jumped up before apologising.

Sunhee realised something. Her grandmother had been dead since she was six, doesn't that mean... "I'm dead?!" she cried out in horror, "Am I in heaven? How?!" Halmoni tsked and explained. She had a muscle cramp will swimming back to shore and almost drowned. Luckily, someone saved her. "Nugu?" she asked curiously.

Halmoni just smiled mysteriously and continued, "Don't you remember this place? Yes? No?" Sunghee shook her head slowly. Halmoni smiled gently, "I was told you came here when you fainted after you were saved from the kidnappers." Sunghee's smile faded as memories flooded into her mind.

12 years ago

It was a warm Sunday night. Her parents had taken Sungjong for a check-up at a nearby hospital. As he sat in the doctor's office, he suddenly felt a shiver go down his spine. He shook his head-Sunghee was at home, safe with guards protecting her and halmoni.

Sunghee was listening to her grandmother's soothing voice tell her a story when they heard a crash somewhere downstairs. Halmoni stood up and patted Sunghee's head to calm her down. She walked out of the room to check up. A few seconds later, there was a few screams followed by banging sounds. Curious, Sunghee swung her feet off the bed.

Then, she heard something that made her blood run cold, "Hee-ah, run!" followed by a bang. She ran in the direction of the bang, only to see a man beside the limp body of her grandmother. For six year old Sunghee, she almost vomitted at the sight of the blood oozing out from halmoni's body.

"Halmoni," she whispered before her feet took her to the direction of the stairs. It had been drilled in her head since she could talk-run, just run. She slid down the stair banister and jumped off. All those times of racing with her twin brother around the house was coming in handy.

She began running blindly down the hall. Tears streamed down her face and the sound of her pounding heart blended in with the shouts from the kidnappers. Sunghee hastily wiped the tears off and looked back. They were gaining on her. She tried to pick up her pace, not caring about the sore of her feet as the pebbles on the driveway rubbed her feet.

Suddenly, Sunghee remembered something. She reached into her teddy bear nightdress and pulled out the necklace her parents had given her, flipping it over. She pressed the small button and hid it from view again. She looked up again, only to trip on a rock and fall.

She screamed as a pair of rough hands pulled her up and placed a cloth over and nose. Sunghee struggled in his grip, unknowingly inhaling the chlorofoam from the the cloth. Sunghee fought to keep her eyes open but to no avail. A few seconds later, the men smirked as she stopped struggling.

In the hospital, Sungjong's parents were about to leave when their father's phone emitted three short beeps, followed by three long beeps then another three short beeps. Colour drained from their faces. They quickly ran to the car, "Pali, Sunghee might be in danger."  

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
 

Note that this fic DOES have . It's just that the rated M thing says "if entire fic is " and that crap. This is not entirely fic so I didn't click it. Should I? Also, does anyone know where I can watch Jiu Criminal Investigation? I have been scouring the net for it but unfortunately and obviously failed. : P

Anyways, please comment and subscribe! Seriously, comment and subscribe.