Chapter 21

Time To Love [Hiatus]

Double update!

Day 2

The two Sung twins made their way down to the restaurant to meet the rest of Infinite and discuss what they were going to do today. The two wore matching T-shirts that had palm trees imprinted on them. Sungjong matched it with a pair of sandy brown bermudas while Sunghee wore a pair of jean shorts to show off her long legs.

Stepping in, Sunghee pushed her sunglasses up. They spotted the rest already seated in on a long table and ordering drinks from the waitress. Sunghee could see that the waitress was flirting with the guys, L in particular. A shot of displeasure zapped her but she ignored it.

As she got nearer, she caught some Korean words from the waitress. Ahhh… The Indonesian had learned Korean. Rolling her eyes, Sunghee plopped down, waiting for the waitress to serve her. Everyone else except Woohyun had spotted the twins earlier and exchanging greetings. Much to Sunghee’s displeasure, the latter continued giggling and twirling her non-existent curly hair.

“I’ll take iced water. Thank you very much for asking,” she called out at the oblivious waitress. Sunghee noted with a smirk that the waitress seemed somewhat pissed. She stormed off, throwing a death glare that Sunghee mirrored.

She gasped and hurried off, scared by her glare. It was only then when Woohyun realised that the twins had arrived. “Hi, Sunghee-ah,” he threw his arms around her. His face was pushed back by Sungjong who sat in between them.

The waitress scurried back, hurrying to pour the water. But she took a longer time to pour water into L’s cup. “You want to continue flirting? Fine, I’ll report you to your manager. Where is he?” Sunghee stood up and pretended to look around.

The waitress’ face paled, trying to appease Sunghee. “I want a different waiter,” she ordered and the former complied immediately.

Woohyun wriggled his eyebrows at her, “Look who’s jealous.”

She sneered at him, “She’s a waitress. She should be serving.”

Memories from the day before  flooded into their mind as Sunghee turned toward L to get out of her seat. Blushing, they turned away from each other. “Let’s go get some food,” Sunghee suggested, trying to get away.

-----

Sunghee used her oar as a walking stick, pausing only to adjust her life jacket. They had arrived at a small village which was next to a river where they do be white water rafting. “Oppas,” she called behind her, “Hurry up.”

They were currently still making their way down the steps to get to the river after half an hour of climbing down the stairs. “How long is this?” Sungjong complained, stamping his feet.

Hoya called out from somewhere near the back, “Can’t you hear the river? Look, there it is!” He pointed down and everyone’s eyes followed. Excited, they ignored their fatigue and continued down.

While waiting for the guides to pump up their inflatable rafts, their shoes were tied together so they would not float away. All valuables were placed in the guides’ waterproof bags. Another guide explained to them about the safety rules while Sunghee translated. There was also another family who were coincidentally Koreans.

Finally, the rafts were blown up and they could go. One raft could only hold six people so Infinite and Sunghee had to be split. As if they had planned it earlier, L and Sunghee were forced by the others to go with the other family.

Sungyeol went up to the family and whispered something in their ears. Sunghee’s suspicions grew. Glaring at him, she decided to ignore her gut feeling and go on.

Shortly after, they were in their respective boats and cruising down the river, having fun at the same time while crashing through the small waves. They stopped at places where the currents were so strong to take some pictures.

Halfway along the rafting, they took a break near a waterfall. There were villagers who had climbed down from the mountain top selling drinks there. They bought some, quenching their thirsts. Sunghee chose to stay in the raft while the others enjoyed the cool water.

The guide told them that they could take pictures of the waterfall. Sunghee retrieved her waterproof camera from the guide’s waterproof bag. She struggled to stand up, finding the best position to stand up without falling into the water.

After Sunghee took some pictures, she turned to put her camera back when a pair of hands pulled her into the water. Her scrambling to find her balance proved futile as her back neared the water. Sunghee squeezed her eyes shut, waiting for her back to fall into the water. In spite of that, she didn’t. Her eyelids peeling open, Sunghee realised that L had caught her.

Her breath hitched in as a ray of sunlight hit his face. Was L always this good looking? That feeling that she had felt that day at the beach came back to her. Blood rushed to her face and she felt going slack. ‘Can he hear my pounding heart?’

-----

From the corner of L’s eyes, he spotted Dongwoo pull Sunghee into the water. Before he could think twice, his arms had already shot out to catch her. His legs had been spread under the surface of the water. With the pressure spread over a wider area, there was a smaller chance of him toppling over as well. It would defeat the whole purpose of him trying to stop her from hitting the water then.

Bracing himself for the impact, L shut his eyes. As he caught her, he did stumble then caught his balance. Yet, he was still amazed. Sunghee didn’t weigh as much as he thought she would.

Staring down at Sunghee’s face, L felt his face colour. His heart skipped a beat as he examined her face that was framed by the shimmering water. He sighed lightly as his ears seemed to stop working. No sound entered their little bubble and time seemed to stop.

They were only broken apart when Sungyeol and Sunggyu playfully splashed some water onto them. Shocked, L almost dropped Sunghee from his arms but caught her just before she touched the water surface.

Sunghee struggled out of L’s grip, not caring if she got wetter than she already was. “Yah!” she yelled at the two Sungs and they assumed that she was chasing them. In actual fact, Sunghee was actually trying to run away from the embarrassing scene that had just unfolded.


Seriously, I have no idea how my fic should flow after the Bali trip. Arghhhhhhh.......

Be warned people, it's going to get a bit boring and just plain weird... This chapter didn't turn out how I expected it to turn out...