Chapter 4

Time To Love [Hiatus]

Sunghee pushed herself up. "Gweanchanayo?" a voice asked from beside her. "Deh, gwean-" she started but froze when she saw her saviour. It felt as if her heart was being squeezed as stared at him. Anger coursed through her body. Before she could think twice, her hand moved on its own to slap him.

"I can't ing believe you!" Sunghee screamed into his face before scrambling away. Tears streamed down her face as she ran aimlessly, not caring if people were staring and whispering about her. Suddenly, she bumped into someone. Sunghee apologised and was about to continue running when a familiar voice asked, "Sunghee? Lee Sunghee?"

She looked up to see a familiar face whom she had not seen for five years. "Sungyeol Oppa," she cried before hugging him. Shocked, he hesistated before patting her head to comfort her. Sungyeol's heart ached as his best friend's tears slid down her face. Wordlessly, he led her to the lifeguard headquarters. Sungyeol sat her on the sofa and gently rubbed her tears away.

Sunghee gave him a watery smile. That was why she loved Sungyeol so much. He had always known what to do in times of her need. He quickly made a cup of his famous hot chocolate and passed it to her. She inhaled the sweet chocolaty scent of it. She had missed it.

Sunghee took a big gulp and was burnt by it. Upon seeing that, Sungyeol chuckled and placed a red thick towel around her her. Sunghee smiled sheepishly then hugged him, "Thanks Oppa, for all this." This time, she took a sip and felt better. "Sungyeol World-Famous Hot Chocolate", as they had fondly called it, never failed to make her feel better. The door slammed open suddenly making Sunghee jump. "-slapped me right across the fa- You!" someone roared from behind.

Sunghee stood up and whirled around to see him. She felt tears sting her eyes again. Implusively, she flung the first thing she could get her hands, "How could you?" Unfortunately, she happened to be holding a scalding hot cup of hot chocolate. His eyes widened. He managed to dodge it on time but some spilled on his arm.

No matter how angry and hurt she was, Sunghee still loved him. Anger faded into worry as she leapt over the sofa. "Omo, mian. Yeol, first aid kit," Sunghee cried as she threw herself beside him. She helped him up and brought him to the sink. She put his wound under running water.

Sungyeol tried to push her away to treat his burn but she refused. "I'm trained in First Aid. I did this, let me treat it." She gently dabbed on antiseptic. Her eyes softened as he hissed in pain. "Mian. I was just... Furious," she whispered as she closed the lid of the antiseptic.

They looked at Sunghee, confused. Sungyeol asked her, "You know him." Sunghee chocked on her tears, "Why wouldn't I? He was my ex." She was overcome by a sense of nostalgia and she absentmindedly swept his hair to the side. Tears built up as Sunghee asked, "Why did you do it? Am I not as beautiful as Jiyeon? Not as y? You prefer girls with big s, huh? I could go for surgery."

L finally opened his mouth and stuttered, "N-nugu seyo?" Sunghee eyes widened as she staggered back into Sungyeol's arms. It felt as if he had just stabbed a dagger through her heart.


Thanks to Sprite, my wonderful Harabeoji for the poster and background! Love you, bestie!