Chapter 16

Time To Love [Hiatus]

Sunghee and L were both surprised, “Oh, really?” Sungjong nodded.

“But we work here. How come we don’t know?” Sunghee asked.

Sungjong answered, “The people staying in the hotel were told earlier but they officially told the staff today.”

Sunghee felt a surge of anger shoot through her. Why didn’t her parents tell her earlier? Noticing the flash of anger on her face, Sungjong offered her a head to pull her up, “They must have their own reasons.”

Grabbing his hand, Sunghee dusted her clothes when she was up. L suggested, “Let’s go back now.”

Sunghee nodded and offered L a hand to help him up. Slightly suspicious, he stared at her hand. She rolled her eyes and reached down to grab his hand to pull him up, “Can’t I be nice?”

Embarrassed because he read too much into Sunghee’s good intentions, L shook his head. The three walked back to the headquarters. However, Sunghee and L lagged a distance behind Sungjong.

A hand appeared in front of L from his right. He turned to Sunghee with questioning eyes. “I just didn’t want to be enemies anymore. Honestly, it’s tiring and I don’t like having enemies. What do you say? Friends?” Sunghee voiced out.

Sunghee was worried that L would turn down her offer. She really didn’t like the feeling of people not liking her. To her relief, L broke into a smile and grabbed her hand.

The two felt a spark run up their arm. Quickly, they pulled away, confused. “What is this?” Sunghee whispered to herself as she turned away.

‘What in the world?’ L asked himself as he faced the other side.

-----

“Sunghee, we’re planning where to go for the one month leave. Where do you want to go?” Sunggyu asked the minute she stepped foot into the headquarters.

“Hey, what about me? I’m here,” L indignantly snapped at his Hyungs.

“L, where do you want to go?” Woohyun asked him. Before L could reply, Woohyun cut him, “Nowhere, fine.”

Giggling, Sunghee plopped down on a free seat next to Sungjong. She slapped Woohyun’s arm, “Oppa, don’t be so mean.” Woohyun pouted and she laughed again.

“L-sshi, where do you want to go?” Sunghee turned to him and asked him. As L smiled at her, the rest gaped at them.

Sungyeol sputtered, “Why are you so nice to L? Aren’t you too supposed to be enemies?”

They just smiled mysteriously, looking at each other. “If we’re friends, why are you still using sshi?” he .

Sunghee flashed him a heart-stopping grin, “Alright then, L Oppa.” When he heard her call him Oppa, L’s heart stopped. ‘Only call me Oppa,’ he thought. When he realised what he was thinking, he flicked his forehead, much to the amusement of the others, to clear his head.

L suggested they go Bali. Sunghee raised her eyebrows, “I was thinking of that too!” They reached out and high-fived each other while chuckling, much to the surprise of the rest of Infinite.

Taking charge from Sunggyu, Sunghee clapped her hands, “Let’s have a vote. Who wants to go to Bali?”

Everyone raised their hand excitedly while Sunggyu raised his with a sullen look on his face. “Then let’s go Bali!” Sungjong cried, clapping his hands together with Sunghee while bouncing on the couch.