The Test (Part 2)

Impossible Love

I quickly set down the order for Gaeun-shi, which almost made the croissant fall out of it's mini plate and the treat thingy to break. I yelped, and as fast as I can without spilling anything, I set her order out on her table.

As I was doing that, I heard another customer coming in. Wow, what a day!

Then, rushedly, I said, "Your order is here, Gaeun-shi." She looked up from her magazine, saying, "Thanks."

Without anytime to make a conversation with her, I left with a pained smile and went to the new customer.

The worst customers ever were here-Hyoyeon and her arm(s), and the Mr. Yoseob-wanter. Ha! The very luck I have.

When Hyoyeon saw me, she smirked right away and nudged her companion, Jessica, who were into this magazine. At first she looked annoyed, then she saw me, and then she had the smirk that Hyoyeon had. In response, she nudged Tiffany, that also smirked at the sight of me.

Wow. Three evil and disgustingly make-upped (?) smirks shot to me-that was too much for me. I quickly turned to Gyuri-unnie, who also had a smirk-now it's the Smirkin' Four, eh?

What was it today-Make Jieun's Luck Go Worse And Smirk At Her Evilly Day?

Anyways, I quickly gritted my teeth and welcomed them with a smile and hatred daggers from my eyes, then asked if they were the only ones.

Hyoyeon rolled her eyes, saying, "No, we have an elephant coming with us in a moment." I kept forcing the smile on my face, but my mask was crumbling fast.

I turned back to Gyuri-unnie. "How about you, miss?"

"Oh, Yoseob-sensengnim is coming with me," she said airily but triumphantly, as if that would make me feel jealous. For the record, I was not.

"I see," I said in my most polite voice. "Please come this way," I told Hyoyeon and her smirkin' friends. I sat them, gave them menus, all that stuff, then came back and seated Gyuri-unnie.

I remembered my situation again, so I practically ran to the counter to get Jihyun-unnie's order, which was thankfully simple. My mood was lifted by her kind and sincere thanks, then I once again raced to the table of ahjummas and ahjussis.

Now, that was a huge order-Ice Coffee, Sliced Apple Pie, American Expresso, Cherry Roll Cake, Green Tea (hot), Green Tea (cold), and two Salmon Sandwiches.

I took it all down, clipped it, and heard the door bell thing ring. I hurried there, and Mr. Yoseob was waiting.

"Hi there, Jieun! What are you doing here?" He beamed. Then he saw my outfit, and laughed, like everyone else. "I see what has happened here. Good luck! Now, where is Gyuri?" I led him to Gyuri-unnie's table with a smile, as always, while she shot smug looks at me behind Mr. Yoseob's back.

I handed him a menu, did everything I was suppose to, then went to collect the plates of Gaeun-unnie. She thanked me, and I gratefully led her to the cashier, rang it up, got payed, and gave change back. First customer done!

Then Hyoyeon's table was ready, so I went and got their order-two cups of milk (apparently so they don't gain fat, I guess) and one Diet Coke.

The rest went fine, except for a few moments of me and my enemies. I finished up Jihyun-unnie (second)'s table, then rang up the six people (eighth), got everything in order with Gyuri-unnie and Mr. Yoseob's (tenth), and as a bonus (I got payed for this!), collected money for Hyoyeon's food.

After I cleaned everything, I went back behind the counter and collapsed on a chair in exhaustion. Mrs. Heather finally came out of the kitchen and congratualated me for completing the test, and that I can work here. Finally, I changed back to my normal clothes.

Suzy and Jiyoon were able to talk to me again, which they did. They clapped me on my back and said stuff like, "I knew you could do it!" and "See? I told you it's easy!" Which, for the record, was exactly opposite of that.

We came back to the dorms, made plans for the next day, and basically just talked and hung out together. Then we separated saying our 'goodnight!'s and 'see you tomorrow!'s. I showered, got ready to sleep, and crashed on my bed.

I swear, that night was the night that I fell asleep the quickest, and had the deepest, most satisfying sleep ever in my life. Sleep was delicious, as usual.

 

A/N: Another short chapter. I was going to make it longer than this, but since I was keeping everyone waiting for so long, I decided to just end it here and update it. Sorry I wasn't updating these days! Gosh, summer school is the worst. >:(

 

Preview

Today was a STUFF Today Day. Which means, Students and Teachers have Utopia Freedom For Today Day. Don't ask me who made that, but someone did, and I'm happy there's a STUFF Today Day. We deserve one.

It's been exactly a month and 2 weeks since I came to COEJ as a trainee. Suzy and Jiyoon and I were planning to gather up friends and watch a movie, go see a concert, visit the amusement park, etc. We had a huge plan for the day.

People who came were mostly people I knew and were friends with. They were Suzy, Jiyoon, me (of course), Jihyun (I'm going to skip the 'unnie' and 'oppa's), Gayoon, Sohyun, Pei, Min, Hara, Pilsuk, Myungsoo, Sunggyu, and Woohyun. Sunggyu-oppa wanted to invite more, but they had schedules that day so only the three of them could come.