How It All Started

Impossible Love

IU's POV

I gulped nervously, walking towards the closed door. I looked up, seeing the sign above the door saying, 506-A, carved into the wood.

I looked down to the little scrap of paper in my hands, which the secretary had written down, 506-A. I could feel the thumps of the beats in the music on the floor as I neared it. I sighed, thinking back at all those times I had to go through this again and again.

After many years of moving, renewing my school life, and being the 'new kid,' I had learned how bad and embarassing it could be. Although I had gone through it many times, it still made me nervouse and anxious.

I gathered up my wits (finally) after about 10 minutes just sulking and thinking back, and took a big breath. I reached for the door handle, ready to open the door.

"HEY!"

I froze. It was obviously me that the person who yelled was talking to-after all, it was the middle of the class, so I was the only one in the hallway.

"What are you doing here? Go back to class! Wait-are you cutting class?" The person continued behind me. I was still in my frozen state, so I didn't respond.

"Answer me!" A hand roughly turned me by force, and I found myself looking at an angry face. His look of rage startled me out of the state I was in and tried, at least, to say something.

"I-I... um... n-new... S-so-so-sorry.. mi-mister..." I managed to say. His face started to soften as he understood.

"Oh, you're new?" He suddenly laughed. "Why are you sorry for? I should have known, but I'm not an instructor here, so I didn't know. I'm sorry."

"I-it's okay..." I trailed off. He was still scary to me.

"Hey, don't be scared of me. Unless you're a bad student, of course. Then, you have every right to be scared." He winked cutely-way too cute for someone who could be so scary.

"Oh, by the way, you better get to class?" He said, his voice full of aegyo (cuteness? I don't know). He pointed towards the door behind me.

"Y-yes, sir," I stuttered.

"Don't call me that. I'm Yoseob, instructor in cabin #76." He stuck out his hand. "Nice to meet you." If anyone else did it, it would have seemed normal. Yet, when this Mr. Yoseob did it, he did it so silly that I couldn't help but laugh.

"Hello, Mr. Yoseob. I'm Jieun Lee." I shook his hand, still giggling a little. Mr. Yoseob had this kind of smug and triumphant look on his face, like he was proud he had succeeded in making me laugh.

"Well, I better start going now, or else I'll be late for my class that I'm teaching. Now, that wouldn't be good, yes?" He said with a british accent, making me break out in laughter again. "Ms. Jieun, please don't make me angry again," Mr. Yoseob commanded, wagging his finger. I nodded, giggling at his weird accent.

"Bye, Mr. Yoseob," I called out as he left with a tiny salute.

Smiling, I turned to the door. As anxiety set in, my smile turned into a frown. I sighed, and thought back again, stretching time out before I knew I had to go in.

Flashback

"Okay, Ms.-Jieun, what are you going to show off for us?" A cold voice asked me-the judge. After 20 times auditioning, I was as experienced in auditions as I was in moving-and that says a lot.

"I'll sing," I replied. I'd been to too many auditions to be nervous now.

"Only that? I guess you're confident in your voice, then." She said in an amused voice.

"Yes," I smiled sheepishly. After all, I wasn't that good in dancing, nor acting, so I knew I couldn't audition with those.

"What are you going to sing?"

"I am going to sing It's Another Day by PoIn-shi."

"Go ahead."

I cleared my throat.

"Another day has passed

Another day gone without you.

I miss you, boy, I miss you so much

Come back, please, come back now.

It's another day now, I feel so sad.

Without you, I'm nothing.

Please don't leave me.

Now, now, come back now.

I miss you..." I sang. (A/N: This is not a real song.)

"Is that all?"

"Yes, ma'am."

"Thank you. We will call you if you are accepted into COEJ or not. Can you give us a little saying to the camera if you are not accepted?"

"Okay." I waited while they set the camera so my face would be the main point.

"I'd like to say that even if I am not accepted here, I will not give up and keep going to pursue my dream as a singer. No one will be able to stop me, not even a thousand failures. Thank you."

A few days later

"Hello?" I said.

"Is this.. Ms. Jieun Lee?" The caller said.

"Yes, why?"

"Congratulations, Ms. Lee. You have been accepted to COEJ."

...

"Hello? Ms. Lee? Are you there?"

"YES!!!! I'M HERE! I'M ALWAYS GOING TO BE HERE! OH, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! I'LL BECOME SUPER FAMOUS! WOOHOO!!!"

I hung up, and ran to my parent's room.

"MOM! DAD!"

"WHAT? What happened?" My parents asked, looking worried.

"I GOT ACCEPTED! I'M GOING TO BE A SINGER NOW!!!!!!"

We all screamed, even my dad. My brother came in, curious about the noise.

"I GOT ACCEPTED!" I told him excitedly.

"Meh," he shrugged, and went back in. I sighed, shook my head, thinking, brothers.

END OF FLASHBACK

I shook myself from the feelings of back then. My lips started forming a smile again, thinking about how happy my family (except my brother) was when we had recieved the news. And now, I was here.

I looked at my watch. It was already 5:00-I had been standing here for 20 minutes! I glanced at the door again. I sighed, thinking that it was now or never.

I gripped the door handle and twisted it, and opened it only a little. I stuck my head in, feeling childish. A sudden blast of music hit my ears, threatening to burst any moment. I quickly placed my hands around my ears--or tried to.

I had forgotten that only my head was in the door, and that my hands were not. So instead of my hands reaching my head, it smacked on the door with a loud crack.

I fell to the floor, cradling my hands. Of course, that drew everyone's attentions, so they all stopped practicing and stared at me.

Typical of my clumsy self to make a huge mess the moment I meet my classmates.

"Oh, hi, are you the new trainee here?" The person that had been leading in front of the class asked me brightly while turning off that loud music. I nodded.

"I was wondering when you'd come. They told me to expect you in less than 5 minutes, but it's been 20." My face was turning red-I could practically feel it. "Oh well," she continued cheerfully. "Hi, I'm Gina."

"Gina?" I asked.

"Yes. It's spelled differently, though-it's G-dot-N-A. It's a nickname, you might say. And don't think of calling me Ms. G.Na or even G.Na unnie. Just call me G.Na."

"Oh. Hi."

"Well, Newt-"

"Newt?"

"Yup, newt. That's what we call the new guys-well, girls-here. New trainees-newts, see?"

"Oh, um, yeah."

"Anyways, continuing on, newt, introduce yourself."

"Um, okay. So... Hi," I started, standing up uncertainly. "I'm Lee Jieun. I'm the new trainee here." I looked at G.Na, and she gestured me to go on. "I'm 16, and my, er, Star Plan" That's what the secretary had said when I was questioned "is to become a singer." I glanced at G.Na, and she took it as that I was done, which I was.

"Hi, Jieun. Everyone, introduce yourselves, will you? You guys are way too quiet right now."

The students all nodded, and started to do as she had said,

"Hi, I'm Jeon Jiyoon."

"Hey, I'm Kim Hyuna."

"Hi there, I'm Min."

"Hello, I'm Huh Gayoon."

"I'm Suzy, nice to meet you."

"I'm Pilsuk."

"Jihyun at your service."

"I'm Koji."

"I'm Pei."

More people introduced themselves, and my head swirled with a ton of names. When they all finished, G.Na took over once again.

"That's all in class 506-A. There are more people, and I don't know who's in your dorm-hopefully someone from here. This is only the girl's side and-oh, there's so much more. Why don't I assign you two more of your classmates to introduce you to everyone and all the places here. Okay?"

"Okay."

"I'll tell them to tell you the rules, too. Hopefully, they know, and you probably got the packet, right?" I nodded. "Good, and if you have any questions, ask them or me if they don't know.
 

I nodded. "Um, what should I do know?"

"Oh... hmm... Well, because you're new here, you don't know the way I teach or what we're currently learning. You know what?" She continued. "Just sit on that bench over there" she pointed "and just watch us. You'll learn my ways, what we're doing, etc. Got it?" I nodded again, and settled down while G.Na continued her class again.

 

Preview

After the class ended, G.Na called me and two more students over.

"Okay, Jieun, time for your tour!" she said excitedly. I smiled weakly at her. I still wasn't used to her brightness. "Well, the two lucky students are... Jiyoon and Suzy!"

"Hi, jieun! I'm Jiyoon." The girl I noticed that danced well during class introduced herself.

"I'm Suzy." She had a nice and pretty smile, kind of shy though.

"Hi, Jiyoon and Suzy," I replied.

"Those two are best friends, actually, so I hope you guys become friends, the three of you. You guys, behave and show her around well, okay?" G.Na said.

"Okay, G.Na," the two said.

"Let's go, Jieun-ah." Jiyoon said.

 

A/N: I know, slow update, but seriously there is a TEST COMING UP and it's huge, like 50% of my grade, so, I don't have much time. Sorry! By the way, there's no singer called PoIn, as far as I know. Okay, thanks for reading! Subscribe and give me feedback please!