MC Project Part 3--Results

Impossible Love

"Number 146, Lee Jieun, you are next," the stern-looking judge said. I entered nervously, reminding myself of the 20 auditions I had entered before, but my nervousness still wouldn't go away (A/N: Um... bad English, sorry). "What will you do?"

"I will sing PoIn's Why Now," I answered shortly. He motioned me to go on, so I started to sing.

Ijae waso museun malleul he? (What are you saying after all this time?)

Gidarida jichinigganeun wa? (Why do you come after I'm tired of waiting?)

Whe jiggeum, iddaeye, nal ddodashi appeugehe? (Why do you come now, at this time, to make me hurt again?)

Mianhadaneun mal an tong he (Sorry doesn't work with me)

Ne salmeso nagajoolle? (Can you get out of my life?)

Whe jiggeum iya? Whe jiggeum ini? Nuh ttaemoone mami appa (Why now? Why now? Because of you my heart hurts)

I finished singing the chorus of Why Now (A/N: No such song, no such person) and bowed to the judge. "Kamsahamnida." He nodded back and waved me on. "Next, number..." I heaved a sigh of relief when I realized the auditions had ended for all of us.

I waited with Jiyoon in the back for Suzy to finish, and when she did, we all went to the Ninth Heaven Cafe and sat down to talk.

"So... How do you think you did?" Suzy asked Jiyoon.

"Eh, not bad, but not too good either. How about you guys?"

"Me, I think I wasn't my best, either," Suzy answered. I shrugged in response.

"I've no idea. That guy's face never changes," I complained. "He should say he likes it or not and stuff, but no, just like every audition judge in the world, he shows no signs!" Jiyoon and Suzy nodded in agreement. They had went through many auditions before, too.

"I wonder who I'll get, though. I'm really curious." Jiyoon's words was in total agreement with the other two of us.

"Hopefully I get you guys. If I don't, I'd rather be alone," I said. We talked there for about three hours or so (including when Suzy and I had our shifts, and Jiyoon was reading a magazine). Then I looked at my watch. "Hey guys, we should've been back in class 5 minutes ago, you know?"

"WHAT??!!" Suzy, the great model student, screamed. We threw some money onto the counter, then ran across the street to class. Thank goodness it was sixth class (Unknown), or else we would've been severely scolded.

We were just back in time to hear G.Na say, "...due to your wonderful teachers and staff, thank you very much, we have the results from your auditions that ended about three hours ago. Aren't you happy?"

A reluctant cheer sounded throughout the gym, since we were all nervous about who we were to be paired up with. "Well, since you guys obivously can't wait, we'll pass out the sheets for you guys around the gym. Every row gets three sheets, so you have to share, okay?" G.Na finished and began passing out a thick stack of papers. When it got to our row, there was already a lot of cheering and groaning around the gym as friends were paired up with friends and others with strangers.

 

"Look!"

"I'm with you! OMG!!!!"

"What? But... I HATE her!"

"Yes! I'm with him! We are going to ROCK!"

"This is so unfair! None of my friends are with me!"

"I'm a SOLO??"

"Wait. Why am I with boys AND girls?"

"Woohoo! Our teachers are awesome!"

Throughout all those sounds, my friends and I waited patiently with ants in our pants for the paper to reach us.When it finally did, we started to scan the paper for our names. Jiyoon was the first to spot any of us.

"Look, Suzy! There's your name! See?" Jiyoon pointed at the middle of the section saying, "GIRLS."

"Yes! I'm with Min unnie! I don't know the rest, but Min unnie and I did a project together, and she's really nice to me," Suzy said, turning towards me in excitement. I smiled at her, feeling happy for her. Then we returned to look for my name and Jiyoon's name.

"Jiyoon! Jeon Jiyoon, over here, look!" This time, it was me who found Jiyoon's name. We looked at the list of names that followed her name.

"Oh! Gayoonie's in my group? Yes!" Gayoon was the first person Jiyoon met and she became friends with her, but since Gayoon skipped a grade (A/N: OTL I don't know anymore) they couldn't see each other often.

"But, where's mine?" I asked. With that we turned to the paper again.

"Omigosh Jieun..." Suzy's shocked voice reached our ears.

"What's wrong?"

"You... Are going SOLO!!!!" She squealed.

"WHAT?!" Jiyoon and I both began searching the solo section and found my name, in the midst of all those other random stranger people clearly--LEE JIEUN.

"NO! What? I didn't expect this. Why? I don't get it. I have to ask that judge person..." I trailed off, in shock. I kept rechecking if it really was my name written there, instead of someone else, but I guess not.

We passed on the papers, still in our states of shock, until a loud screech came from the speakers, making us wince.

"Okay, did everyone see it? No? Then come later on, we'll show you again. Got it? Back to subject, then!" G.Na's cheerful voice broke our shocked states and we were able to focus once more.

"For those who feel very sad about your results, well, sorry to you--the judge has already left. He has a busy schedule, you see. And a note he gave to those solos: 'Hello, solos. I gave you a solo part because your voice wouldn't mix very well with others all at once. Good luck with your extraordinary voices!'"

"Oooh, Jieun, heard that?" Suzy whispered, elbowing me in the ribs. Jiyoon also gave me a sly smile as I rolled my eyes.

 

A/N: Long time, no update! Sorry, and it's pretty short too. I really don't have time these days, and I'm lazy. Sorry sorry sorry sorry!!!! (Yeah Super Junior, I just stole your famous chorus) Anyways, I'll try update ASAP all the time, and I just realized I'm breaking my own words saying I won't update until there's a review. O.O Okay bye. And a spoiler: To those SHINee-f(x) fans, you're in luck! (The preview is bad, by the way.)

 

Preview

After we got all our instructions on what to do, I sat dazedly on my bed. "Solo," I whispered to myself. I had never even thought of this as a possibility. I mean, seriously, a solo? I had expected to be in a group with someone else, like most were. But nope, I was a solo.

Impossible.

My voice wasn't extraordinary. It's just... my voice, you know?

I sighed, and told myself, This ain't the time to sulk, girl. Cheer up, chin up, and let's just focus on improving myself instead of making a great impression. Have some fun, you know? Yeah! I smiled, and bounced all the way to Jiyoon's room.