The YongSeo Story

Impossible Love

"How about this?" I asked Yonghwa-oppa.

"Nah. I want to do something with my guitar." I shrugged and went back to the computer. We were looking for a song to sing together, but it turned out to be harder than they had originally thought.

"Hey, how about you tell me about how you and Seohyun-unnie met. Maybe we can use that as a base storyline and you can sing it to unnie," I suggested.

"Great idea! Okay, here goes." He cleared his throat dramatically, which made me giggle. "It all started in 9th grade..."

Flashback

"Hi everyone, my name is Seo Joohyun, but call me Seohyun," a girl says with a polite smile.

"Hey guys. My name is Jung Yonghwa," a boy next to her says with a rocker smile (A/N: Like, the corner-of-the-lip-lift-I'm-really-cool smile. Make sense?).

"Hi, Seohyun and Yonghwa," the class says in return.

"Okay, the two of you, sit over there, next to Taeyeon," the teacher says. "Taeyeon, raise your hand to let them know." When Taeyeon raises her hand and Yonghwa sees her and her bright smile, he immediately likes her.

"Hi, Yonghwa, Seohyun!" she brightly says. "I'm Taeyeon." The mentioned two smiles back at her, one politely and one cheerfully.

After class, Yonghwa tries to be closer to Taeyeon, but it seems like Seohyun is more compatible with her as they hit it off with talking. Annoyed, he walks away with an angry face until a boy approaches him.

"Hi, Yonghwa hyung, right?" This boy seems really cute, with an eyesmile that seems like a puppy's. "My name is Minhyuk, and I heard you can sing and play the guitar very well. We have a band here, and I'd like it if you would join us for one day?"

"Sure," he agrees half-heartedly. Any way to get away from that annoying polite girl.

"Great!" Flashing his eyesmile, Minhyuk gives him his number and leaves."

When the bell rings, he goes back to class to see that Seohyun and Taeyeon is still laughing and talking, giving no attention to him. Grumbling and brooding, he crosses his arm and thinks dark thoughts.

During the lecture, though, he gets to thinking of how to get closer to Taeyeon. He comes upon a brilliant solution: get closer to Seohyun, then he'll get closer to Taeyeon. Finally recovering his smile, which makes girls who were secretly looking at him secretly swoon as well, he quickly rips out a small piece of his notebook page and scribbles a note: 'let's be friends.'

He secretly passes it on to Seohyun, who sits next to him. She glances at the note, and writes on the back. She passes back the note in an offhanded kind of way, since she is focusing on the lecture like a good student. Sure that she would've said yes - because who'd say no to him, right? - he grins to himself while looking at the note, only to be shocked at the letters he sees:

Don't pass notes in class.

Yonghwa turns to stare astonished at Seohyun, who ignores him and writes neatly in her notebook. Once again grumbling, he decides to try again.

After several tries gone wrong, they finally agree to at least try to be friends since they'd be seatmates from then on. It would only be harder to ignore all the time, Yonghwa reasons. Seohyun finds it plausible and decides to be friends. From then on, she sends him smiles and hello's when he walks into class, which he returns forcedly.

But as time goes by, his smiles turn more natural and his greetings become conversations. Little by little, he forgets his original goal of getting closer to Taeyeon and instead enjoys talking to Seohyun more.

After a year or two, he confers with his band what to do, since it seems he likes Seohyun more than a friend. The band encourages him to confess, and a month after that, he finally confesses with a dry mouth and beating heart.

Seohyun, who is surprised, ends up kind of running away and avoiding him, which Yonghwa takes as a no. He confronts Seohyun and tells her to forget it, to just remain as friends.

But to his surprise, she hugs him and says to his chest that no, she likes him too, which makes Yonghwa break out into a smile after long days and weeks of moping and hurt and worry. He spins her around in happiness, and from then on, they had been both best friends and lovers.

End of flashback

"Aww," I said. "It's like fate, both of you meeting on both of your first days." I smiled dreamily at the storybook romance the two had. Isn't it romantic? I thought.

"Isn't it romantic?" I sat up straight, chilled by the voice. Had I said my thoughts? But it was a male voice. It wasn't me! Then who read my mind? I whirled around to see Yoseob-oppa, with a dreamy look on his face. "What a storybook romance."

"Yoseob-oppa?" I exclaimed. He snapped out of his imagination and smiled sheepishly at Yonghwa-oppa and me.

"Sorry, guys. I was passing by and saw the two of you, so I was curious and then got into the story." I laughed along with Yonghwa oppa, then invited him to sit with us and help us decide.

"So. Best friends to lovers. What would be a good song for that?" Yoseob oppa asked.

"It has to be a duet song too," I reminded.

"I have no idea," Yonghwa oppa admitted. "There's no good song I can think of."

"This is why you need the genius Yang Yoseob," Yoseob-oppa suddenly grinned. "What would you two do without me?"

I rolled my eyes with a smile and asks, "Sow what does the genius Mr. Yang Yoseob recommend?"

"The one and only best-friend-lovers song by Jason Mraz. Lucky!"

I was prepared to laugh at a silly idea, but stopped myself just in time. "Good idea, actually."

"Yeah, Yoseob. Thanks!"

He looked offended. "'Actually?' Did you expect anything less good than that?"

"Um, yeah?" I teased with a smile. Which just leads us to bickering. Thankfully, Yonghwa-oppa put a stop to that and sent Yoseob-oppa away to practice together.

 

 

 

 

A/N: So. Long time no see, people. Sorry about that. Is it weird that summer started and I'm more busy than during the school year? Ugh. Anyways, updated finally! Hope you like it. Nothing much to tell you here. Um. Bye?

 

 

 

 

Preview

"Lalalalalalalalala," the class sung in warm up.

"Okay, good job, class. Especially Suzy." At Yoseob-oppa's compliment, Suzy lit up like a Christmas tree.

After a few more practices and lectures, he called out that we were done. "But! Suzy, please stay." I looked inquiringly at Suzy, who in turn turned to me with wide eyes.

I quickly made my way to her and whispered, "What is it?"

"I don't know," she replied. "Did I do something wrong?"

"Or is he going to confess his feelings?" I teased. Suzy hit me with a blush, making me laugh.

"Stop it, Jieun," she complained. "Why do you and Jiyoon love teasing me?" I chuckled at her cuteness, and pinched her cheek.

"Because you look like a child when you blush!"

She groaned, and then giggled with me.

But despite all of that fun I just had, I had this weird feeling inside me. What is this?