What's Happening?

Impossible Love

"Gah! Where is she??!!" Jiyoon exploded for the second time. We were practically running with our quick feet. "My legs are burning!"

"Quit your complains!" I ordered.

"Yes, mom," she shot back. I laughed and went on twice as fast, earning another groan from her. "Wait for me!"

We reached the dorms, and went straight for Jieun's room. Just before I knocked, I thought I heard something. I put my head closer, then reeled back in shock.

Sobbing?

Right away I motioned Jiyoon to come closer to the door. She obeyed (for once) and her eyes widened in shock. Is she crying? she mouthed. I nodded back.

Then, taking a deep breath, we counted 1, 2, 3 silently and knocked on the door lightly. Right away, the crying stopped, and the door opened. Once again, I withdrew from the figure in front of me.

What had happened to the Snow White-ish skin? What happened to her pretty brown, sparkling eyes? Her beautiful face was all blotched up with trails of tears, and her eyes were rimmed in red. Her nose, her petite little nose, was pinkish and her hair was a mess.

"Jieun-ah..." Jiyoon said carefully. "Are you okay?"

At those words, she burst into tears again. She hid her face in her hands, which made us exchange glances. Without a word, we both moved towards her and hugged her lightly, murmuring comforting words.

When at last she calmed down enough to talk, she started her story.

"Suzy-ah, Jiyoon-ah, I need help." We exchanged worried glances, and looked at Jieun again. "It's about Mr. Taeyang. You know him?" We both nodded encouragingly. Ah, boy problems.

"The thing is, G.Na likes him. But today I felt a... A... A tingling zing? Electricity when I touched him. I-I don't want to like him! I don't want to mess with G.Na and him!" She burst into tears again, sobbing twice as hard now. So this was the problem. Too bad we couldn't help. But I'd still help.

"Don't worry, Jieun-ah. It'll be alright," Jiyoon soothed. She shot me worried looks, though.

"Yeah, maybe it really wasn't because you like him-maybe it was just a random electric shock," I added.

"Really?" she sniffed, looking hopeful. I sighed. I ddin't really want her to cry, but I didn't really want her to have her hopes crushed again one day.

"No. Probably not, but hey, just.... You know. Just because you're crushing him doesn't mean you have to date him or anything. Don't tell G.Na, and maybe your crush will fade in a couple of weeks," I comforted her. I was proud of myself-thinking of all that in a second was a huge deal. I'm usually not that a great comforter, after all.

"Do you think so?" She looked more brighter now, but worry still laced her features. Jiyoon and I both nodded. "Well, then, what am I doing, crying like a little child?" she laughed. I was so relieved she was revived.

"Okay, let's go, Jieun. We have to go to class in-" Jiyoonit checked her watch "3 minutes?! C'mon, guys! Hurry!" Jieunie quickly washed her face, changed her shirt (it was all wet from sweat and tears) and we hurried to class. We were a second early.

 

 

THE NEXT DAY

"Where's Jiyoonit?" I asked, checking my watch. It was after all classes, and I was pretty tired and wanted to go to the cafe to rest and chat with my friends before we had to go to Unknown. "I thought you were coming with her."

"I thought so too, but then I can't find her. Do you remember her last class?" I nodded. After all, I'd been her best friend for three months already. "I think it was.... Vocals. C'mon, let's go find her!" I felt a sense of deja vu. Wasn't this what happened yesterday?

"Hi Miss Kim! Do you know where Jiyoon is?" Jieun asked cheerfully.

"Jiyoon? Jeon Jiyoon?" she asked, surprised. We both nodded. "Well, let's see. I saw her talk on her phone, and then she ran out."

"Oh... Thank you, Miss Kim," we chorused, and walked out with confused expressions. Not again.

"Maybe her mom called. It might've been an emergency or something." Jieun started to list out possibilities.

"No, she would've told us then by phone or something."

"Or she... was calling someone but suddenly remembered something really important and ran out to find it?"

"Um... Sorry to shoot out every idea but, that's really unlikely. She practically has photographic memory, right? And she is so organized."

"Then, well, perhaps she was controlled by an alien and the phone call's radioactiveness made the alien stronger?" I gave Jieun a look.

"Come one, Jieun. Let's go to the dorms. Just in case it's like a similar situation like yesterday." She nodded, and we went off.

We finally came to Jiyoon's room, and knocked. Deja vu times 100 already!

"Hello?" I called out. "Jiyoon-ah, you there?"

"Yeah," a faint voice called back. I was taken aback. She'd never sounded this weak before.

"Are you... okay?" Jieun asked with a worried expression.

"...sure."

That was enough to know that she wasn't. We barged in without permission and found her on her bed, head down. We couldn't see her expression because her hair covered it. At least she wasn't hurt or something.

"Is something wrong?"

"No, I'm fine. Go out already. I just felt... sick, a little." Now, one thing to know about Jeon Jiyoon. She's the worst at lying. She actually sounds guilty while lying, and she's always fidgeting and not making eye contact with you. Obviousness radiates off her when she fibs.

"We all know you're not. Tell us what's wrong," I commanded.

"Fine," she sighed. Then she lifted her head, which was wet with tears. Again?! Really, why is this always happening to me?

"Jiyoon-ah!" Jieun gasped. "What's wrong?"

"I..." she heaved another sighed. "Sunggyu-oppa broke up with me."

"WHAT?!!!" Jieun and I exclaimed, almost screaming.

"He said," she took a heaving gasp, like she was trying to hold back tears. "He said he likes another girl and he doesn't like me anymore."

"Unbelievable! The NERVE to do that to our Jiyoonie!" Jieun fumed. I'd never seen her this angry before. Her eyes were blazing with fire, and her hands were gripped into fists. "What is WRONG with that guy! I thought he was supposed to be a GOOD guy, not a BAD one!" She kept ranting on and on, but looked at Jiyoon and softened. "I feel so mad, Jiyoon-ah. We'll get back at him." Just like that, her fire was starting again.

"Thank you," Jiyoon sniffed with a weak smile. "But... I guess you can't force yourself to love someone you don't." A cold anger overcame me.

"Don't you DARE say that, Jeon Jiyoon! Why would you ever say that??!!" I said in my angry mother tone. "Do NOT every say that AGAIN!"

"Okay, okay, Suzy-omma. Come on, let's just go to the cafe and forget about that guy and all my problems. I'll solve this on my own," she rolled her eyes. But now she was smiling, so it was okay.

"Let's go, then," Jieun said in defeat. I nodded, but I still exchanged revengeful glances with Jieunie that said, we're going to get him if it's the last thing we do.

 

 

A/N: I'm probably going on hiatus soon, guys. But keep reading! :)

 

 

Preview

"Hey guys, look at this!"

"What is this?"

"Looks like fun, doesn't it?"

"Wow, for once, we're doing something fun for class!"

Curious, me and my friends went over to the poster at lunch time. "So, tall people. What is it?" Jieun asked.

"It says... Let me read it..." I stood on my tippy toes and stared hard at the huge poster. "ATTENTION STUDENTS! We are having a special project for all classes. All students must attend. Information to be given later."

"This is perfect!" Jieun said, eyes sparkling. "We can get at Sunggyu-oppa through this!"