MC Project Part 2

Impossible Love

"You," he paused here dramatically. "Will have to perform three or more times."

Mr. Yoseob-oppa was right. It did set us off again.

"Three times?!" I said incredulously.

"Are they out of their mind?" Suzy whispered, looking pretty shocked. "Performing once is hard enough, but three times? Wow, this is, just..." She fell silent, not being able to form good enough words.

"Crazy! Paranoid! Is that what you're looking for?" Jiyoon suggested. "Well, it's worse than that. It's really, like, uh..." She stopped too, for the same reason as Suzy.

Meanwhile, Mr. Yoseob-oppa was going on. "Don't worry, don't worry. Mainly you'll do about one or two, and the others you just have to be in the background if you want. That's not what you guys have to worry about though." We all groaned. What now?

"Composing is the problem, not performing." Me and my two friends stayed very still. We were forgetting about that part. I sighed. I'd never composed anything in my life! "But then again, you just have to compose one song each. The rest you can do covers of." There was a collection of relieved sighs as that information reached our ears and brains.

"You all will be getting a rubric as well as an instruction sheet in your Unknown classes, and also you can sign up for the auditions. Wish you guys luck!" The whole gym, with the same mind, clapped half-heartedly and talked amongst ourselves.

"Did you guys hear that? We have to perform and compose!"

"I know right! I'm happy they think so highly of us, but seriously? This is way too much."

"Ugh, I'm dead. Going to get another F this year too. Here I come, extra work and summer school."

"Man, the teachers are trying to kill us this time, aren't they?"

All around us, people were complaining, but the three of us still hadn't moved. I don't know about the others, but I was thinking, This composing thing could be very, very hard. But it could be fun too. And we could really use this against Sunggyu-oppa. Not harsh, though. I think just announcing it will be enough. It'll make him feel at least a little guilty at it, hopefully.

"Uh, guys?" I broke the heavy silence reluctantly.

"Hmmm?"

"I have the perfect idea. Okay, before you say anything, it's nothing harsh," I rushed when Jiyoon looked ready to tell me to stop it. "We'll just make him feel guilty! We'll just announce something, like, 'oh, this song is for the ex-boyfriend of my friend who broke her heart.' Then nobody would know who it is unless they know me, but Sunggyu-oppa will know that it's him."

"That," Suzy said slowly. "Is actually nice! I like it, Jieun! Let's do this! We all can do it!" I ignored the fact that she sounded like she thought I wouldn't have a great idea and started kind of half-squealing and half-screaming and kind of dancing and high-fiving each other at the same time.

I was doing this until I caught the sight of Sunggyu-oppa. I immediately stopped and glared at him over the people's heads, but he didn't see me. Sadly yet not so sadly because if he did then it might've been kind of awkward-ish. Or not.

We got our lunches and went to our table, still discussing what to do. We were all pretty worried about who we would be paired up with in the auditions.

"I hate auditions! It took all my guts to perform in front of the judges for this school," Suzy whined. I nodded, feelin the same way. "I think the teachers just want to fail us or something!"

"Nah. We just want to make it fun for you guys, that's all." We all whipped around to see Mr. Yoseob-oppa smiling mischeviously. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Suzy's face reddening quite considerably, and I have to say, the corners of my mouth lifted a bit.

"Oh, hi, Yoseob-oppa," Suzy said breathlessly. "What are you doing here? I thought teachers ate at the teacher's lounge."

"I just wanted to, you know, hang around and get to know students." It was then that I realized that maybe this happy-go-lucky person was lonely, because he was the youngest among teachers and didn't have the time to hang around others his age. I was determined to make friends with him, because I knew what lonely felt like.

Flashback

Nobody's POV

"Hahahaha! Look at Lee Jieun! Or should I say Lee JIJI?" (JIJI means dirty) At that, the sound of taunting laughter started up as Jieun once again tripped over a peer's leg and made a fool of herself. "Lee Jiji, with no friends, never found one 'til the end," the others chanted, still laughing at her.

As she scrambled to stand up again and go her way, another girl pushed her. The other girls laughed as all her stuff came out of her bag, and as she gathered, she saw somebody kick her pencil case far into the streets.

END OF FLASHBACK

Shuddering at the memories of my elementary school life, I tuned back in to the sound of my friends laughing with Mr. Yoseob-oppa. When Suzy caught sight of my blank face, she laughed even more. I had no idea whatsoever about what happened, because I was too into my tragic memories as a child.

"Um, Jiyoon-ah, what happened again?" I asked quietly.

"Oh, you were zoning out, weren't you?" she said accusingly, a hint of laughter still in her voice and eyes. I nodded sheepishly. "Oh, well, Yoseob-oppa just told us a funny story concerning-"

"Coffee, a girl, and my dad," Mr. Yoseob-oppa cut in. I turned towards him, and he continued. "So there was this girl I like, you see? And she loves coffee, right? So one day I got up and with all the confidence I have, went to her with a cup of Expresso in my hand. At that time, my dad was there, but I didn't know that, because I was only staring at the girl I crushed on nervously. Then," he started to bubble with laughter, "My dad came in between us and was all, like, 'You knew I like Expresso? Good boy. I knew it was a good thing to raise you when I didn't want to the day you ripped all my jeans with scissors and cut up all my suits and my pants.' Right in front of the girl I like!" We were all laughing again until our cheeks hurt.

 

A/N: Long time, no update. Wow, sorry guys. I am a bad, bad person, updating a short chapter after about 2 months. And today is 12/22/12!!!! I survived, and so did you. I hope. Anyways, once again, I'm sorry, I had finals and exams last month (the previous one I spent studying), but since it's break, I'll try update more often. Hope you enjoy this chapter! And subscribe, comment, etc. I like silent readers too, though. :)

 

Preview

"Number 146, Lee Jieun, you are next," the stern-looking judge said. I entered nervously, reminding myself of the 20 auditions I had entered before, but my nervousness still wouldn't go away (A/N: Um... bad English, sorry). "What will you do?"

"I will sing PoIn's Why Now," I answered shortly. He motioned me to go on, so I started to sing.

Ijae waso museun malleul he? (What are you saying after all this time?)

Gidarida jichinigganeun wa? (Why do you come after I'm tired of waiting?)

Whe jiggeum, iddaeye, nal ddodashi appeugehe? (Why do you come now, at this time, to make me hurt again?)

Mianhadaneun mal an tong he (Sorry doesn't work with me)

Ne salmeso nagajoolle? (Can you get out of my life?)

Whe jiggeum iya? Whe jiggeum ini? Nuh ttaemoone mami appa (Why now? Why now? Because of you my heart hurts)