The Tour (Part 1)

Impossible Love

After the class ended, G.Na called me and two more students over.

"Okay, Jieun, time for your tour! Oooh, that rhymes!" she said excitedly. I smiled weakly at her. I still wasn't used to her brightness. "Well, the two lucky students are... Jiyoon and Suzy!"

"Hi, jieun! I'm Jiyoon." The girl I noticed that danced well during class introduced herself.

"I'm Suzy." She had a nice and pretty smile, kind of shy though.

"Hi, Jiyoon and Suzy," I replied.

"Those two are best friends, actually, so I hope you guys become friends, the three of you. You guys, behave and show her around well, okay?" G.Na said.

"Okay, G.Na," the two said.

"Let's go, Jieun-ah," Jiyoon said. As we walked out, she continued. "Suzy and I are the same age as you, so we're chingus (friends) at age. Isn't that great?"

"Um, sure," I said carefully.

"Hey, don't be nervous. We're not scary people or anything," Suzy said playfully. Those words reminded me of Mr. Yoseob-Hey, don't be scared of me. Unless you're a bad student, of course. Then, you have every right to be scared,  he had said- and thinking of that, I asked offhandedly,

"Do you know who Mr. Yoseob is?"

The moment I asked that, lots of things happened at once. Listed by order, here it is: Suzy blushed, Jiyoon smiled knowingly, Mr. Yoseob came up and said, "What's up, students?", which made Suzy blush even more, and then I understood-Suzy had a crush on him! WOW!

Well, who wouldn't? I mean, he seems nice and he's not old-old, just about our age. He has definitely aegyo but charisma, too, right? Based on facts, it would be very easy for an average girl to crush on him. Not me, of course. I am not the average girl, and neither, it seemed, is Jiyoon. She was just laughing like super hard at Suzy face, and her busy hands trying smooth herself out.

I joined into the laughter, winking at Suzy to let her know I, well, know, which just made Suzy smile and blush at the same time. Mr. Yoseob looked seriously confused at the moment, and asked, "Wait, what's up? Why are you guys laughing? Why are you blushing, Suzy?" This question made us laugh even more, and even Suzy began to giggle, even though she was still blushing like crazy.

Soon after, Mr. Yoseob started to laugh, which caused us to stop, which caused him to keep laughing, which made us confused, which made Mr. Yoseob laugh more, which made us to stare at him, which finally made him stop laughing.

"Why were you laughing for?" Jiyoon asked.

"Oh, my queen, that is a royal secret," he said with a wink, which made Suzy giggle for no reason.

"Whatever, Mr. King. Have a nice time, we're giving this newt a tour, so please, be on your way," Jiyoon waved. We all called bye and went our ways, still giggling softly at what happened.

"Wait," I said suddenly. "Why did you call him Mr. King, and why did he call you my queen?"

"Because this IS a tour and all, we'll tell you all the gossip and stuff while touring, okay with you?" They answered.

"Yeah, yeah, things I definitely will need to know to carry a conversation with a random girl," I said offhandedly. "Sure, I'm fine with that. Now, please explain."

"Right now, you are facing.... drum beat please, people.... The Aegyo Queen!" Suzy announced. "She is best known for her 180 degree change from her super charisma mode" in which Jiyoon put on her 'super charisma face' "to her cute, bubbly, aegyo insides!" "Jiyoon completely changed her face to a cute one in less than a second. "She is, the one and only Aegyo Queen!"

We all cheered, which made people look at us weirdly.

"What else? So I guess Mr. Yoseob is Aegyo King?"

"Yup, they're the royal king and queen of Aeygo Land."

"AHHH!" Jiyoon yelled, her voice chock full of aeygo that it was unbelievable. "So embarrassing, this King and Queen nonsense!"

"Oh, this is the cafeteria, by the way," Suzy interrupted. "We're heading to the dorms now."

I took note of the huge doors we were passing, and continued on. "You deserve that title, now that I've heard it."

"Not you too!" Jiyoon wailed. "Now I'll have two people who keeps reminding me that I 'deserve' the title! You and Suzy!" We laughed together at that.

"Hey," Jiyoon said. "What's your room number?" I checked my notes.

"Um, it says I'm in room 256. What about your rooms?"

"I'm 329," Suzy said sadly. "We're on different floors."

"Well, I'm luckier. I'm 245, so I think I'm facing you a few doors down!" Jiyoon said happily. I felt a mixture of happiness and sadness.

"And, what's better is that your floor's supervisor is G.Na!" Suzy joined in. Relieved she wasn't too sad or anything, I smiled at her.

"Oh, here we are. The dorms. Welcome to your home away from home," Jiyoon announced.

"Do you have your room key?"

"Yup. Should we go in now?"

"Let's just, you know, put in your suitcase next to your bed and come back out, finish the tour."

"Okay, I'm good with that. How about you, Suzy?" I asked.

"Sure, why not? We'll see how close you guys are," she replied with a shrug.

"By the way, what are your schedules?" Jiyoon asked. "I already know Suzy's, but not yours, so... you know, I just want to check."

I dug in my bag while I was still walking, and bumped into someone, falling down.

"Hey, watch it, will you?" A haughty voice said nastily.

"Oh, sorry! I'm a bit clumsy..."

"I think I knew that from the start," she said. "You should really take lessons-it's really easy, you just stand up, look forward, and walk. If you're a bit more experienced, talking and walking will be a challenge you might want to try out. I doubt you'll reach that level yet, though." She continued in a smooth, cold tone.

I was still sitting on the floor, looking up at her in shock as she walked away. I turned to my new friends. "Who's she?" Suzy sat down next to me, her face serious-er (?) and her eyes in slits.

"That's this place's queenka, Hyoyeon. She's basically our enemy, and she's super nasty. She's Jiyoon's rival in dancing," Suzy whispered. Jiyoon joined us on the floor.

"You better watch out-now that you've been seen with us, she's going to bully you, probably. Sorry about that."

"It's okay," I replied uncertainly, forcing a bright smile on my face. "Come on, let's continue, shall we?"

"We shall," they replied quietly. As we continued on, there was a heavy silence I had not experienced while I was near them. They were so bubbly, bright, and fun-not serious and dark like this. I decided to lighten up the mood with my lame jokes.

"Hey, want to hear a joke?" I broke the silence. The two nodded, still silent. "Okay, so... how can you tell a dogwood tree from other trees?" Suzy and Jiyoon shrugged. "By its bark!" I started to laugh like crazy, though the others did not.

I tended to be a dork like that, laughing by myself without shame. Sometimes, the people around me would start to laugh with me-sometimes they didn't. Even when they didn't, I was never embarrassed. When I finally stopped laughing, I continued.

"What does a shark say when something good happens to him?" Without waiting for an answer, I exploded (with laughter and an answer, not literally). "That's fintastic!" I laughed again, and this time, Suzy started smiling.

"Next, let's see... Oh! This one's one of my favorites! Hear this... Okay, so, what does a religious beggar wear?" I asked excitedly. "HOLEY CLOTHES!!!" I cracked up laughing, and Suzy giggled with me. Jiyoon rolled her eyes to tell me that it was lame, but she was also smiling, so sucess!!

We had reached our room by then, so I inserted my key and went in. It was really small and cozy-a bed, a cabinet, a closet, and a desk. It looked really boring though, but luckily I brought stuff to make it more homier.

I dropped off my luggage here at my new room and went outside. "Okay, guys, let's go!" I said cheerfully.

 

A/N: It has been revealed! Enemies and a crush! Wonder what's next?

Thanks for giving this fanfic a try and please, I'm working on it! Also, there will be a fanfic poster soon enough. Just wait!

 

Preview

We took off again, a bit faster because I wasn't weighed down with luggage. We talked about a few random things, and finally, I asked for the rumors and the gossip going on.

"This is super duper secret to the instructors, but it's definitely going around the students." Jiyoon looked around, making sure no one was near.

"There's a rumor that Hyoyeon is dating Yoseob." Jiyoon whispered.

"MR. YOSEOB?!" I asked, horrified.