A Special Day

Impossible Love

Today was a STUFF Today Day. Which means, Students and Teachers have Utopia Freedom For Today Day. Don't ask me who made that, but someone did, and I'm happy there's a STUFF Today Day. We deserve one.

It's been exactly a month and 2 weeks since I came to COEJ as a trainee. Suzy and Jiyoon and I were planning to gather up friends and watch a movie, go see a concert, visit the amusement park, etc. We had a huge plan for the day.

People who came were mostly people I knew and were friends with. They were Suzy, Jiyoon, me (of course), Jihyun (I'm going to skip the 'unnie' and 'oppa's), Gayoon, Sohyun, Pei, Min, Hara, Pilsuk, Myungsoo, Sunggyu, and Woohyun. Sunggyu-oppa wanted to invite more, but they had schedules that day so only the three of them could come.

We all wore swimming suits, but over it we had t-shirts (and shorts for girls) on. First we decided to go to the movie theater first. Then, as we were going, we saw Mr. Yoseob waiting at the bus stop too. We all invited him into our group, and me and Jiyoon winked and elbowed Suzy with a knowing smile.

So then we had to wait for him to change into his swimming suit, then we all rode the bus together.

"Hey, Mr. Yoseob-" I started.

"Don't call him 'Mr.' He's the same age as us!" Woohyun-oppa interrupted. My eyes widened.

"Serious? Mr.-I mean, Yoseob-oppa is 21? And he's a teacher?!" Laughing, Mr.-um, ex-Mr. Yoseob laughed.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm pretty young. But still, lots of people call me seunseng and teacher and Mr., too." The moment he said seunseng, I thought of Gyuri-unnie. Probably she was the same age as Mr. Yoseob-oppa (I found the perfect thing to call him! Yay!), but still called him seunseng to look smarter to him. "I don't really like it, though. Makes me feel old." Score one over Ms. Gyuri-shi!

"Hey, Seob-ah, tell her about your geniusness," Myungsoo called out. Everyone laughed at that, even Mr. Yoseob-oppa.

"Okay, so... Um... Let's see..." He made a point of obviously thinking and trying to not tell the story. We all laughed at that, of course.

"Hmm... Okay. Got it. So..." This went on for about a minute or two, Mr. Yoseob-oppa clearly enjoying the looks on our faces.

"Oh, come on already!" Min-unnie mockingly complained.

"Fine, okay then. I'll start." He cleared his throat for another long time, his eyes dancing. We all groaned, but of course we didn't really mean it.

"So when I got first picked into COEJ, I was put into lots of Special classes like-he looked over our group-like Sunggyu." Sunggyu-oppa looked down sheepishly.

"I was put into Special Vocal, Special Dance, Exercise Excel, and Special Emotion." Whoa, smart guy alert!

"So I eventually graduated faster than anyone else, but I realized I didn't really want to become an idol, after hearing about all those freedoms taken away and the lack of sleep and stuff. So I decided to become a teacher here. This was when I was 18."

I have to say, Mr. Yoseob-oppa is pretty good at story-telling. He says it with emotion but kind of matter-of-factly at the same time. And hey, graduating here at 18? When did he even start here?

"I took the special teacher test to see if I could become one, and it came out positively."

"How positive?" Hara-unnie called out, a knowing smile on her face. Mr. Yoseob-oppa rolled his eyes at her mockingly.

"Okay, okay, it came out 98%." Once again, I shook my head in wonder. At 18, too!

"So anyways, the principal here accepted it, and I took another test to become which teacher I would be. it came out, as you guys know, as Voice Excel. I also teach Special Vocal and Special Exercise sometimes. But mainly I do Voice Excel." We all clapped at the end for no reason, recieving an evil eye from the passengers near us.

That just made us laugh, which made it louder, which made them to give us another stink eye, which made us laugh even harder. At the end, the passengers shook their heads in defeat and obviously tried to ignore us. That, of course, split our stomachs with laughter.

We finally reached the movie theaters, and we had a vote for which movie to see. About a third of us wanted to watch a horror movie, half wanted action, others wanted romance. I wanted sci-fi, but who listens to the newt?

After five games of rock-paper-scissors, it was decided that we watch action. I, of course, still wanted to watch sci-fi, but nobody listened. And to those who did, they just laughed and said, "Not a chance." Then argued that action/horror/romance was better.

We watched Professor No. 5, this weird spy movie in which someone killed a guy and No. 5 (a spy) took his spot as the professor to catch the murderer or something. I didn't get it at all. So far, so not good.

Then we had to hurry to the concert of Wonder Girls because it started at 4:30 and the movie just ended at 3:45. We made it, though, and we all had fun there. Though it was loud, crowded, and hard to see, I liked it. Even if my voice was hoarse after from shouting "TELL ME!!! TELL ME!!! T-T-T-T-T-TELL ME!!!!! WHOA!!!!!!!! WONDER GIRLS ROCK!!!!" and stuff like that.

We rested for a bit outside the concert eating shave ice and dukbokki. I don't recommend you trying it, though. Doesn't match at all.

It was 5:30 now, and we were all hot under the sun, so it was considerably the perfect time to go to the water park. The place, Water-Licious, was awesome. It looked like this:

It didn't help my throat, though. But I had lots and lots of fun, and so did everyone else, so it ended up fine. As usual.

I did have fun, yes, but during those rides, I was honestly scared to death. I'm the kind of person who wants to go on something, then regret going on it during the ride (AHHHH!!!! WHY DID I EVER RIDE THIS SUPER SCARY AND LONG AND SCARY AND ENORMOUS AND SCARY RIDE??!!!!!!), then realize I had fun (Wow, that was really fun!) afterwards and ride another one (Let's ride this one next! *REPEATS CYCLE FOREVER*).

We got back to the campus at 9:00, so since the curfew was at 11, we all showered and met back in our regular clothes. This time, G.Na and Mr. Taeyang came with us, too. All of us just talked and chatted and all that for the next one hour and thirty minutes. Sometimes we all joined together for a conversation and then split up, etc.

Then the teachers in our group told us it was near curfew already (10:45) and that we should be heading back to our rooms by now. We naturally all groaned, and then we said our 'goodnight's and went to bed.

Since we were on our floor, I was the one who said bye to everyone and stayed in the spot. G.Na unnie also stayed with me. After that, I wandered towards my room, saying goodnight to her. I actually didn't go to bed, I went to the window at the end of the hallway and stared out.

I stayed like that for 5 minutes, thinking back on everything that day. Then, suddenly, G.Na was next to me. "Fun day, eh?" I nodded happily, sighing with a smile.

"I know I'm tired, but I feel like I don't want to sleep," I answered back. She laughed.

"I know how that feels. I'm like that every STUFF Today Days. And that's a lot of days," she smiled. I nodded back, giggling softly. "You know, ever since I came here, I've had a crush." I jerked my head back. For some reason, I never thought of a teacher having a crush on someone.

"He's been here before me-but he was a student then. I was a teacher. Then, he became a student teacher." I tilted my head back towards her.

"Who is it?" She looked at me amused.

"Why so curious?"

"Well... naturally, I'd like to know. You're my friend, right?" I pouted cutely at her. She laughed again.

"That's proof that you're a girl, then." I smiled at that.

"His name is Taeyang."

"Mr. Taeyang?" I asked, surprised. I mean, really?

"Yeah. I don't know why I'm telling you this, though," she mockingly scolded. "You should be in bed by now!"

I groaned. "You're not my mom, you know!"

"Haha, Jieun-ah. Go to your room already," she slapped me on my shoulder lightly.

"Fine," I sighed. "Goodnight, G.Na."

"'Night."

 

A/N: And that's it for that day. by the way, isn't that water park great? It's actually not Water-Licious, and credits to the owner, I guess. Also, sorry for the late update again. I was working on something else. And another crush known! Why so many crushes, right? Oh well, you gotta stand it. Anyways, thanks for reading, hope you comment, please subscribe, the usual. Buh-bye.

 

Preview

Another week, then another, then another has already passed. Already it's been 2 months since I came here! I can't really believe it. Anyways, something special happened. It's... weird. I think I like someone. And it's not someone I should like. Uh-oh.

So let me tell you what happened. Two weeks ago, I was resting in Dance class, and G.Na and Mr. Taeyang was trying to tutor me in dancing, which I'm really bad at.

As I was working on stuff, G.Na got a call and left the class for a few moments. I was resting on the floor, and Mr. Taeyang sat down with me.

"G.Na is really (pant) good (pant) at this. (pant) I am so (pant) tired already like (pant) Excercise class." I huffed. Mr. Taeyang laughed. I couldn't believe it. He's still okay, looking energetic. I looked up at him from the floor and smiled back (or tried) at him.

Here, she's coming back. Let me help you up," Mr. Taeyang said. I reached up and grabbed his hand.

That's when I felt the electric shock.