Epilogue

{Know Your Name}
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

3 years later . . .

(August 2015)

 

"Hyung, I swear she moved her fingers just now!!!!!"

 

"Junhong-ah, are you sure. Maybe you're just tired and imagined things. You've been awake all night."

 

"I swear Youngbae hyung, she moved!"

 

 

 

I heard could hear voices and they sounded so goddamn familiar. I tried moving but I could only summon enough strength to move my fingers.

 

 

 

"Hyung, I think Junhong's right. Look!"

 

"Oh my god, Kim Hye Won, can you hear me?"

 

 

 

I wanted to answer but I couldn't. I heard the sound of several shoes scrambling in.

 

 

I opened my eyes with much strength. After adjusting to the brightness, My eyes darted around the room, taking in my surrounding. An IV drip was hooked on me. A tall man wearing a white coat approached me. He smiled as he placed a cool metal on my chest, checking my heart and lungs.

 

 

 

"It sounds normal. We'll run a few tests again in a bit." He bowed and exited the room.

 

"Kim Hye Won, do you know where you are? Do you remember what happened? Do you recognised us?"

 

"Yah maknae, ask one question at a time!"

 

"Youngbae hyung, you didn't have to smack my head!! Wonnie-ah, do you know where you are now?"

 

My answer came out as a whisper, "Yes, a hospital ward."

 

"Who am I? Do you recognise me?"

 

I nodded, "Maknae op-pa."

 

"What about him and him?" He pointed to the other two males present.

 

"Youngbae oppa. Is-is that Junhongie?" I squinted to get a better look at him.

 

"Oh thank goodness she recognised us!" Junhong heaved a sigh of relief.

 

 

 

I was puzzled. Wasn't he in America? When did he come back? I struggled to sit, thus oppas had to help me.

 

 

 

"W-why are you here? Aren't you supposed to be in A-america?" I said with much difficulty.

 

"Yah, I came back to complete Junior and Senior year in Korea! We were classmates in junior year, don't you remember?" His eyes filled with worry.

 

 

 

I tried to recall back but all it gave my brain was an excruciating throb. I held on to my head and screamed, the pain felt so unbearable.

 

 

 

"Something's wrong." Youngbae oppa said softly and left the room.

 

 

The next thing I knew, a few people, probably the nurses, held me down while who I assumed was the doctor injected something into my system and the pain slowly numbed, and I shut my eyes.

 

3rd person POV.

 

"We're done with all the checks up needed. Who is her guardian?" The doctor addressed the 6 male in front of him.

 

"Me." Seunghyun raised up his hand.

 

"Alright, you shall follow me. The rest of you can stay here."

 

"Doctor, with all due respect, can't all of us follow you? I mean its better we know our sister's condition from you than

from our older brother's understanding. No offence hyung." Daesung tried reasoning with the doctor.

 

"I see your point. Fine, all of you follow me to my office." He lead the group to his office room.

 

 

 

His table was clutterred with many paperworks and pictures of his various patients. He took the brown envelope resting on his table and opened it up, taking out x-ray pictures found I side. He pinned the pictures against the light board beside his desk.

 

 

"There's damage done to this part of her brain due to the accident," the doctor traced the area to the 6 males, "which resulted in retrograde amnesia. You see, the neural pathways of newer memories are not as strengthened as the older memories that have been repeatedly recalled and re-integrated with the passing years. To simplify things, Miss Kim Hye Won is unable to recall her most recent memories. Since the severity of her brain damage is not as high as it could be, she would probably have lost about 5-6 years worth of memories prior to her car accident. The only thing you can do is to jog her memory of the years she lost, but take it easy because it would put her in a lot of pain. "

 

 

 

Everyone sat in the visitor's lounge, t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter